It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Crop Circle Created By Sound Waves?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I know that many have speculated about what crop circles are and how they are formed and by who. Well i just watched a video that could possible help explain the how they are formed. I now believe that the complex shapes are formed with extremely high frequency sound waves. As you will see in the video demonstration the higher the frequency...the more complex the shapes become......I have to give props to SLAYER69 for this video as he posted it in another thread and I am using it here in this discussion. So what do you guys think?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Wow, an amazing video for explaing this phenomenon!

I won't go in detail in this post, but the quickness of how it forms shapes can explain in the past, why pilots have seen some complex shape's appear in a field after an hour of them passing over it.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well those shapes aren't exactly made by sound waves, they are made by the way the metal plate bends and takes shape when it is vibrated.

When you vibrate the metal plates at different rates it makes hills and valleys and the salt or sugar or sand will skip and jump and travel to the valleys because of gravity, like rolling down mini hills. And different rates of vibration changes the hills and valleys.

Sound is just the vibration of a substance. When you hear something, you hear it because the air is vibrating, and then vibrating your ear.

I doubt it would be possible to make crop circles by vibrating crops or the air around them. I also doubt you can vibrate the ground enough to bend crops. You would need something more powerful than a sonic boom just to maybe effect a few crops.

Even then it wouldn't be very controllable. Even if you used directed sound there is a degree of no control..... sound reflects.

I think it would be much faster to just use a roller and some body weight, maybe some pieces of wood and rope.

Every crop circle I have ever seen has signs of a short device being used to flatten large areas in rows. You can see the rows... they match the same rows created with wood planks.

I don't think there is much mystery in crop circles anymore...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
i'm no crop circle expert, but i've got a pretty strong link to my higher self and other spirit guides
and my intuition tells me this is spot on.
just sayin.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

I understand your point....but if a small device was used to flatten the crops down then you would have broken reed stems on the actual crop shaft itself. If you have ever seen many of the videos from crop circles then you will see this is not the case as the reeds are not broken,burned, nor destroyed in the process. I often wonder about this video that has supposedly captured a crop circle in the making.

[edit on 4/16/2010 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
So what do you guys think?

I think that's a really awesome video! very cool!

Those wave patterns are fantastic!

But the shapes don't match crop circle shapes.

Most crop circles are probably made with ropes and planks or stomping boards, just like the websites that teach how to make crop circles say. A few isolated cases might be weather related, like tornado touchdown points or dust devils, but those would be the simple round circles with rough edges.

There's a reason the 2nd video you posted says it's controversial, it's apparently a hoax.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Well if you are replying with THAT video I guess I understand what level of understanding you are at regarding crop circles.

If you don't already know that video is fake by now I guess there is a lot about crop circles you have left to learn.

Ive been watching and researching crop circles for a long time now. Ive learned the exploded nodes argument is flawed. The burnt crops myth is also debunked already, they are just damaged dried out crops, burnt from the Sun. And, there is tool marks on every single crop circle created by the short tool they used to smash the crops.

There is no mystery about crop circles anymore. The only mystery is why people still believe they are anything but man made when the evidence is under your nose in every photo.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

There is still a great mystery with crop circles. No one has come forward with proof that they can build these crop formations with the acuracy, complexity and beauty that we've seen. Especially in the few hours of darkness that they've been created in. They are indeed a modern day mystery that will one day come to light.

The sound video is pretty cool, but I believe that the formations are build with the power of the mind from the light crafts that we call UFOs. Why they are built is another question, but it seems likely that they are presented to us as a calling card of sort towards a slow but sure disclosure.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Neo__]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Can you provide some info on your research showing what you stated. As to the fact that every crop circles around the world have been faked by using a board and some rope. Plus the time frame needed to create some of the incredibly complex crop circles and their respective size? I may not know a tremendous amount of scientific knowledge regarding the crop circle phenomena..but I have enough knowledge to know they are clearly not made with some rope and a piece of wood.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

You're right that you need more than just rope and a plank to make them...for one thing, lots of planning, and some other tools, like stakes, measuring tape, maybe even a computer to plan out the design on though that's not necessary. Anything you want to know about how to make crop circles you can find out online:

www.circlemakers.org...

The tools you will need are relatively unsophisticated; a 30 metre surveyors tape - this is preferable to string which tends to tangle easily... a 1-2 metre board or plank with a rope attached to each end to form a loop - this is known as a stalk-stomper... dowsing rods - these should be made of copper, and purchased from an expensive new age shop, or, in an emergency, a couple of bent coat-hangers will do... and a plastic garden roller (available from reputable garden centres, or, if only for occasional use, these may be rented from tool-hire shops for about £2 a night). A luminous watch is also useful as a summer night can be surprisingly brief.

The geometric shapes are actually easier, even apparently complex ones, than non-geometric shapes like the Firefox logo:

thecontaminated.com...

You can see a picture of the polar coordinate system they mapped out to make that one.

And to make a larger circle in a shorter period of time requires more people, and good planning, organization and teamwork, but it can be done. The Firefox crop circle I believe took about 2 weeks to plan, but actually doing it didn't take nearly so long.

Here's part of a documentary showing the tools being used by circlemakers who then have to run away when the "believers" start throwing rocks at them. I guess for some people, throwing rocks is better than accepting reality that they are manmade.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Can you provide some info on your research showing what you stated. As to the fact that every crop circles around the world have been faked by using a board and some rope.

First let me state that crop circles are nothing more than bent grass... there are 1000's of ways to bend grass.

You can use "stomping devices" such as wood planks, shoes with flat pieces of wood attached to the bottom, etc... anything that you can lay on grass and step on is a usable device to make crop circles. Heck, you can make very thin lines in crops just by using your own feet, that is how they make some small lines.

You can also use "rolling devices" that people just push or pull and it bends the grass etc.. there are MANY tools that can be used, not just wood and rope. This is because the action of bending grass is primitive, and you would have to be very unintelligent to not understand how to bend grass.

With that said...

HERE IS THE KEY TO IDENTIFYING MAN MADE CROP CIRCLES.. First you have to study man made crop circles so you know what to look for. I have witnessed the creation of quite a few man made crop circles. Most all of them were created by wood planks and rope because it is actually fast and accurate. I noticed that during and after the creation there was marks left behind by the wood planks. These are not really marks on the crops but more like shadows created by the crops, created by the wood planks.

You see, most crop circle makers use stomping or rolling devices that are usually about 4 feet wide, maybe more or less depending on the design. So when they have to stomp wide areas of crops larger than 4 feet, they can only do 4 feet at a time. Because of that, there is lines left in the crops. Using a 4 foot device to do 16 foot wide areas leaves 4 rows with lines in the crops...

These lines are visible in every single crop circle ever made.

I call them "tool marks" because they are created by the tool they use. In art they are sometimes called "streaks". You get them when you use a thin drawing device to cover large areas. There are several techniques that are taught in art classes to avoid these streaks.

You show me any crop circle, I will show you these tool marks, lines, streaks, whatever you want to call them. An important thing to know is that these tool marks are NOT easily visible when you are up close to them. They are more easily seen from far away, usually the areal images. THAT is why they usually go unnoticed by most researchers. But some just ignore it.

Here is a good example:

I tried to mark them in red:

The distance between any two red lines in the above image is the width of the device used to create the crop circle. In most cases, the width of the device is not much wider than the average MAN. Just like in the image above.

These lines in red are created by the edges of the device used to create the crop circles, but I believe the most of the shadows are caused by the layering that happens when you do one row first, then another row next to the first.

These lines are visible in every KNOWN man made crop circle, and can be found in pretty much every "unknown" one too. They are identical because they are both made the same, and both made by the same species. HUMANS.

Finding these "tool marks" is really easy. And if (when) you find them, that means the crop circle is most likely man made, because they are identical to man made ones.

----

Also, a good thing to understand is the importance of the rope. NOT the rope tied to the wood planks to help them lift the planks, but the very long rope they use to measure and plot everything.

Obviously one of the first things you learn about art is how to draw a perfect circle with a string. Besides using a drafting compass, a string is the best thing to draw or mark a perfect circle. You just use it to pivot around a single point. THIS is why most crop circles, no matter how complex they look, are usually based on "circles", hence the name "crop circles".

...but using the rope to draw circles is not the main role of the rope. It is mainly used as a rule to measure predetermined distances. This helps them create "perfect" crop circles at night with no visibility. Yes, a simple rope is what makes all these crop circles look so "perfect", and gives the creators the ability to work at night without seeing their own work.

I have spent many years as a professional graphic artist. I lot of my time was spent measuring machines and drafting them on the computer with CAD software (and sometimes paper), and it was all to scale. What you learn from doing this is how to measure, and plot, almost ANYTHING, TO SCALE, by only starting from a single position.

Once you locate and mark your single starting position, every single aspect of your drawing or design can be represented by numbers. The numbers are the relative distances and angles between the starting point and the main features of the design. These numbers act like the sheet music of any song. They are like the footsteps to a dance. You use these numbers in sequence to plot your design. Using this technique you can make any crop circle "perfectly", and you don't even have to see what you are doing, just make sure you play the song right, or don't miss your steps to the dance. Some of these crop circle makers practice their dance moves and memorize their songs before they go out and perform for the public.

That is why they can do it so fast.
That is why they can do it at night.
..and having a compass and rule (a string) is why they can do it nearly "perfectly".

------

Using a video of men making crop circles, I figured out that ONE man can stomp quite a large area of crops in a very small amount of time. I don't have my numbers or video with me now, but I can tell you the numbers were based off the width of the device used to stomp the crops (about 4 feet), multiplied by the distance of each step (about 2 feet), and the time it took to complete one step (about 1 second). That comes to about 8 sq. ft. a second. Keeping that rhythm you can cover 480 sq. feet a minute, or 28800 sq. ft. an hour. That is for ONE PERSON.

So, TWO people could make a 57600 sq. ft. crop circle in one hour. That is more than one acre of crops. There is rarely ever a crop circle with more than one acre of crops smashed.

A team of FIVE people could cover 144000 sq. ft. an hour...

I can't imagine what a team of 50+ people could do.... or maybe I can because it has been done before.

Plus the time frame needed to create some of the incredibly complex crop circles and their respective size? I may not know a tremendous amount of scientific knowledge regarding the crop circle phenomena..but I have enough knowledge to know they are clearly not made with some rope and a piece of wood.

I think you need to reevaluate your assessment.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by ALLis0NE]

[edit on 17-4-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Yes I believe that these crop circles are manmade. The whole thing was exploded in the UK several years ago and the culprits/artists even appeared on TV. However I remember reading of "Flying saucer nests" in South Africa and in the UK in the 1960s. These nests were made in crops and reeds and were simple circles of upto 30 ft in diameter.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Sound waves or pressure waves for sure if the ray is used from
a ready made platform like a Tesla aircraft (UFO/saucer/Foo)
which itself operates on sound waves in the ether.
Just a few experiments might convince people as it did Tesla.

new topics

top topics

join