It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone in their right mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Do we really have a right mind? Do we really also have a wrong mind?

Lets delve into what is the right mind. Lets also delve into what is the wrong mind.

Lets start with me as well. Am I in my right mind for wanting government absence? Am I in my wrong mind for remaining a anarchist, regardless of any government presence? They say you can't have your cake and eat it too. So, am I in my wrong mind because I want to have my cake and to eat it too?
Am I in my right mind for speaking up against gimmick rights going on here in this country called the United States of America? The pursuit of happiness is one of the unalienable rights of people enumerated in the Declaration of Independence. But if your pursuit of happiness happens to be in disobeying laws which aim it is to cause you nothing but stress, then note how this country aims to break that very right of your's. I also will state that I am not religious nor an atheist, but I am he who is a spiritual kind of a person who does his bible scripture readings for felt revelations aided by a spiritual Bride his who is such a felt spirit guide. Care to tell me that I am in my wrong mind now for that, atheists? It is a theory of mine that has it that atheists might tend to believe I am in my wrong mind simply because I interpret scriptures or because I, in my own way, follow what is written in that great book called the bible.

May I ask any of you all if you actually believe that a person must always be in their right mind, to you, when in your observation so that you won't label them as a loony toon once and for all?

Sometimes I think you've got to be sometimes not in your right mind just to live a little. I dont like people that seem normal 24/7. But that's just me. Liveliness just aint observed with people who make it a point to be just normal. Anyone feel me?

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

I think anybody is in their right mind (regardless of whether I agree with them, or whether they are working against me) if... they know what they themselves want, they can recognize what their own selfish interest in a situation consists of, and if they don't self-sabotage too extremely the process of advancing that selfish interest,,,You can do that, you are workably right-minded...

I try to avoid any business or otherwise important dealings with persons who profess unselfishness/socially-approved-idealism...and I will also cut off people who are persistently ineffectual, if they don't listen to my correct advice...Things just go better when those sorts of folks are far away from me, most usually...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
A person "in their right mind" is just someone who follows the standards of society

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
How are you an anarchist? Seems to me that you are just trapped in your life and like to make big claims. Seriously, what makes you an anarchist? Do you not drink public water, drive on public streets, rely on government welfare? I'm not buying it.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Interesting question, and one that could leave a wide variety of sub questions and answers to them.

To answer the main question I would say in my own rights yes the thoughts that pass through my mind of being the best person I can be, trying to be the man my dad envisions me to be and the type of person that would make a good husband and father [for the latter purposes of life]. Though compared to Society I would probably be seen as mentally disabled perhaps. I am on A.D.D medication, I somewhat have bi-polar I think due to the medication but am slightly controlling it through will power and wanting to survive to see my days to the last. So overall I believe that I am perhaps 'balanced' and would see myself still as being in the right sort of mind with a few 'problems' as to which makes me human and therefore perhaps be seen as being in the right mind?

To place my comments upon your own state of mind I would place you as being a person right in mind. You have this right to say up against something as wrong just as someone has a right to say that something is right in their eyes. It all comes down to how civil it can be I supposed as to whether or not someone is truly in their right mind. Listening and coming to the other parties understanding is perhaps what would make it steer even more so in the direction of being right [at least to me].

To make a few further statements I will say that I also don't like people who act normal. In school I really hate it when being next to the "popular" people, or people who may seem like it [In college at least], but at the same time through a group project of mine I have come to know one of these adults and come to sort of befriend him. So to say that perhaps disliking them may often times lead you away from someone who could be a pretty good friend or someone to talk to. I'd say I'd learn my lesson and now look at anyone with the same eyes I'd give teachers on the first day of class. A look of attention, but first must catch my mind with their teachers methods before I see them as being 'effective' or in just general terms 'good'.

Hopefully these paragraph said something because as I see it now they all just seem like running around to me.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

I think he can be an anarchist and drink public water et cetera...presumably he is not in a position currently to enforce his will, or there would be no public water-streets-and-welfare...I don't think it makes him a hypocrite that the world is not today running according to his specifications...I mean, I want to live forever, and the fact that humans are currently overly mortal does not make me insincere...That's where you get the struggle, the process, the becoming, and all that best grand happy hoo-hah...You betcha.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Everyone is schizo by the definition they give.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

The pursuit of happiness is one of the unalienable rights of people enumerated in the Declaration of Independence.

Im not getting it. You are a self proclaimed "anarchist" but you want to use the declaration of independence to justify your decision? Sounds like flawed logic to me, like saying im an athiest because i talked to god and he said he was not real.

But if your pursuit of happiness happens to be in disobeying laws which aim it is to cause you nothing but stress, then note how this country aims to break that very right of your's.

Wrong you do not have the right to break the law. You can break it but the penalty of doing so is losing many of your rights.
Think of the USA as a club as members of the club you have to follow the rules (laws) and pay your dues (taxes). Should you choose to break those agreements you lose the benifits of being a club member (go to jail). Its cool though if you do not like it you can can be an anarchist out in the wilderness somewhere.

new topics

top topics

join