It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOD issues critical report on Ft. Hood mass shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

DOD issues critical report on Ft. Hood

firstread.msnbc.msn.com

NBC News has obtained a scathing report from Defense Secretary Robert Gates, who says that most of the Defense Department's safeguards were "unclear" or "inadequate" to identify the threat and prevent the mass shooting that killed 13 soldiers at Fort Hood in December.
Army Psychiatrist Major Nidal Hassan is charged in the shootings that also wounded 31.
The Secretary's report found that:
-- DOD's commitment to the Joint Terrorism Task Force is "inadequate," which results in "inconsistent" coordination with the FBI. The Joint Task force knew well before the shooting that Hassan was in communications with an al Qaeda sympathizer and recruiter, but that was not reported to DOD or the military.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-4-2010 by theability]

[edit on 15-4-2010 by theability]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It seems that the military is always expecting a threat, which in turn there IS, yet sometimes the hardest lessons are when the threat is from the inside, not the outside.

It was unfortunate that our military had to learn this lesson the hard way, [again].

I hope that the families soon can find closure with this all.

firstread.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
More News found today about this:

Senators Accuse Obama Administration of Stonewalling Ft. Hood Probe
Mark Hosenball
Leaders of the Senate’s principal oversight committee are accusing the Obama administration of stonewalling an investigation they have been conducting into the background to the deadly shootings at the Ft. Hood military base last Nov. 5, for which Army psychiatrist Maj. Nidal Hasan was arrested and charged.

blog.newsweek.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I'm just a little bit pissed that liberals have the "right" to bash conservatives but when the tables are turned, we're homophobic racists.

Hey! Screw them all!

I'm all for America, but not a socailsit America like a majority of lazy Americans want... or should I call the people Americans.

[edit on 15/4/10 by Intelearthling]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Wow, I see there might be some issues at hand here for you! Sorry you taking my new post so literally.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hey. We can't have a little sarcasm here?

The entire world is going to hell and you're going to warn me?

Ha!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

I don't think sarcasm was the word..

..goodday!

top topics

join