It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK airspace is empty - one night only!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Latest News

Flights are Grounded Until At Least 7pm UK Time Sunday

They Say The Airlines Are Loosing £200'000'000 A DAY!

There Doesnt Seem To Be Any Let Up From The Volcano

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I reckon somebody must have been driving around letting off sky lanterns last night, from different locations. I saw 3 orange balls of light, a red one and a bright white one. None of them lasted for longer than 20 seconds or so. But the red one and the white one raised some eyebrows, as they were going in the opposite direction to the orange ones. (all which happened in the space of 2 hours) One of the orange ones went out, then lit up again before it dissapeared fully. Pretty much everyone I saw last night had seen some kind of light in the sky that shouldn'thave been there.

I also saw 1 helicopter and a light aircraft flying very low, but they don't count

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I also saw one of these orange points of light with my friend, we stood watching it for a minute or two as it 'flew' straight towards us before moving to our left and into the clouds. I am certain it was a chinese lantern as it was flickering but he is certain it was a helicopter.
I really think people just took the opportunity to release chinese lanterns.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by jazz10

Wing tip trails are common read HOW contrails form.

farm3.static.flickr.com...

The picture above is a good example

www.youtube.com...

These two just are not in the same league

Theres no comparison at all

[edit on 16-4-2010 by jazz10]

Obviously the reason they are different is a bit to complicated for you to work out so I will explain.

Your video is of a plane at high altitude were the conditions are right to form contrails.

My still of an aircraft shows a jet at low level and although conditions are not ideal guess what contrails still form.

Start thinking for yourself

[edit on 18-4-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigK

Originally posted by TheBigK
I had my eyes on the skies in London tonight and I noticed a couple of strange objects. The first one you see I thought was a star but it was the only one visible in the night sky which I thought was unusual. The second is an object floating across the city which then seems to fade away. My guess is that the first object is bright star and the second could be a Chinese lantern perhaps? Anyway thought you guys would enjoy the footage so here we go:

First sighting | 16th April

To help give you some idea where the object was above I live in Canada Water and I was looking North/North East. I guess the object would have been moving East to West. The bright star would have been in the West/North West.

I must say, it's really nice not having any aircraft in the skies over London for a change.

Update:

I have filmed some more glowing orbs tonight in the same location as yesterday. Here is the video:

Second sighting | 17th April

Interesting I seen some reports on www.uk-ufo.co.uk... which might be linked to the same thing I filmed.

Thank to wide-eyes for the Venus info for my first video

Another update after a third sighting tonight of an object over london.

Third sighting | 18th April

Both myself and my wife witnessed this tonight, hence the chatter during the clip. This glowing object was much closer tonight and flew in front of us. The object was silent and felt like it was only about 300 metres away from us when I first seen it.

At 48 seconds into the clip watch the size of the object. It feels like it travels into the distance very fast. I noticed this at the time but it was much more apparent when we watched the clip back. This could have perhaps been a very fast switch in focus on the camera or perhaps a light inside the object went out giving the feeling it travelled at great speed.

The object was silent and really was a fantastic sight. If anyone seen anything similar in London tonight about 8:50pm it would be great to get some comments. Also thought I should mention this object felt like it travelled across the city in a very short period of time, could a lantern travel that far so fast in the wind?

[edit on 18-4-2010 by TheBigK]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Nice video ^ and definitely warrants a star! Although I'd be tempted to say Chinese lantern - it doesn't behave quite like one. Sadly how the video ends leaves it a mystery: did it just fade out, or move off?

Now no idea about this ash business but just as an update, the helicopter base has been silent since Thursday afternoon. No police helicopter buzzing off anywhere either - despite news articles saying low level flight is safe. But read on: I literally only heard one plane go over this entire weekend, a light aircraft - and shockingly it was Saturday afternoon and the flight path could pretty much make it this unfortunate light aircraft.

So I'm intrigued that others have heard a helicopter here or there. Either they've given the RAF round here a nice long weekend - or they really are taking the 'ash' threat seriously. Some jet liners have successfully flown about in it, but watch this space! I know the light aircraft above was likely to be un-related but the investigation will consider the ash and I will consider witnesses see it encounter problems & fall at speed and explode to be a sure sign of a risky decision to fly airliners about again so soon.

So please folk the next step is to keep an eye out for 747's a little too close for comfort

The 2012 stuff is really hotting up now

Also, is it me or has anyone else noticed a quite obvious tint on the horizon for the last few days, where the ash is obscuring the true colour? It's 5.40am, the sun is about to break and I'm looking to the East and the murky colour is more powerful at the horizon than normal. Even the news reports over the last few days have show places with clear blue skies, but a murky layer by the horizon. Interesting

Also for your consideration: A significant webcam video from April 2nd that appears to show a UFO by the volcano in question. Still trying to find the original, though...

[edit on 18-4-2010 by markymint]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Does any one have any info for when the airports will reopen?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnthejedi24
Does any one have any info for when the airports will reopen?

last info said tomorrow evening.
I hope so, I have familly stuck in an airport.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBigK

at 48 seconds the focus or zoom is chaged thats all look at your camera manual it should give details re focus distance or zones but try to use manual focus and zoom. Its obvious to any one how uses video cameras that when its the diamond shape its out of focus plenty of threads on here and the net with similar videos.

Police helicopters are still out and about in my area of the uk so that may be what you are seeing.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Do they stop airplanes from flying during sandstorms that Europe receives from the Sahara and East Asia receives from China?

I guess the fine dust from the volcanic ash cloud has is thicker...

Why do they want the airplanes to stop flying when it's not even so dangerous? What are the airplanes that are being tested really doing? Why did Merkel and Sarkozy not use another method to go to Poland for the burial? There's no ocean in between...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by TheBigK

at 48 seconds the focus or zoom is chaged thats all look at your camera manual it should give details re focus distance or zones but try to use manual focus and zoom. Its obvious to any one how uses video cameras that when its the diamond shape its out of focus plenty of threads on here and the net with similar videos.

Police helicopters are still out and about in my area of the uk so that may be what you are seeing.

I did assume it was out of focus, but when you make a grab for the camera when you see odd things I guess that happens. To be fair I very rarely use my camcorder so generally it's set to auto. I did wonder it was a re-focus at frame 48, it's not a zoom or else you would have seen a change in the distance to my balcony roof.

It was not a helicopter as it was silent and it was close enough that I would have heard it. My assumption is that people are letting off lanterns in the area. The only thing I find odd is that they move very quick, I would say the one last night was going faster that 30mph. Will keep my eyes peeled tonight and hopefully get a better shot.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBigK

Yes its really hard at night to get a decent shot what might be worth trying is filming the same area during the day get focus on a plane in that area switch off auto focus then film at night without changing focus but really at that distance the camera would probably be ok set at infinity focus then see how the image looks.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join