It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK airspace is empty - one night only!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Bit of topic but I have a fantastic viwe of Mercury directly below the new moon/cresent moon.
GO OUT SIDE IF ITS CLEAR AND YOU'LL SEE IT!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I thought that planet was venus! (Shame faced)

It's been quite spooky with no planes above today, eerily quiet! Not seen anything though, 4 geese earlier and that was it! No strange sunset or anything, just the normal.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It was excellent not having planes clogging up the sky with contrails today... And a completely clear sky tonight....

How on earth did humans survive without plane travel??? Guess we are going to find out for a while... Its all good to me...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

sounds like i may owe you an oppology,
Check this out. Is it the same? seems so.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Might be some sort of drone?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I had my eyes on the skies in London tonight and I noticed a couple of strange objects. The first one you see I thought was a star but it was the only one visible in the night sky which I thought was unusual. The second is an object floating across the city which then seems to fade away. My guess is that the first object is bright star and the second could be a Chinese lantern perhaps? Anyway thought you guys would enjoy the footage so here we go:

Objects in sky

To help give you some idea where the object was above I live in Canada Water and I was looking North/North East. I guess the object would have been moving East to West. The bright star would have been in the West/North West.

I must say, it's really nice not having any aircraft in the skies over London for a change.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Looks like This Could Go OnFor Days

They Have No Idea When Flights Will Comence

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
Can i just point one thing out here?
Has no one even noticed just how many airports are not running? For a volcanic eruption? and have you all looked outside i can see the stars so hows the smoke closing all of these? whats really going on h

What really going on, NOTHING!!! There will no UFO landing, in Chicago they canceled some flights because of the Volcano. What the hell shuting down a airport when the Volcano is abrupting, have to do with UFOS landing? seriously you guys, get a grip!

[edit on 16-4-2010 by sam_inc]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It's less about the UFO's landing and more about having a chance to see things without FAA light sequences for once!

Great view of satellites tonight. Saw 3 on the same trajectory close-ish to each other and all flared up - never seen that before!

And I saw something like that video on the SE horizon yesterday evening, I assumed it was a satellite flaring up again.

Only one UFO report from the UK on MUFON:

2 star like lights. Bigger than stars. Have halo and lines projecting from it. Colors red and rainbow

Sounds like satellites to me. The ones I saw would have been on the same trajectory, passing the area the above sighting was (south coast).

Think they filled in the date/time incorrectly though:

Submitted Date:2010-04-16 18:39 GMT
Event Date:2010-04-16 23:00 GMT

So yeah a quiet Britain. Flights apparently resuming in Scotland & N. Ireland? 3am here nearly and not a single flight across Europe north of Spain... Someone I know is travelling back from Australia, but has been "stuck" in a five star hotel in Abu Dhabi. This problem seems far sweeter than the Gate Gourmet escapade

And whoever said it is right. No decent sightings over this airbourne downtime would be just as perculiar...but unless this lasts a good week or so, we just won't get any decent data!!

[edit on 16-4-2010 by markymint]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigK
I had my eyes on the skies in London tonight and I noticed a couple of strange objects. The first one you see I thought was a star but it was the only one visible in the night sky which I thought was unusual. The second is an object floating across the city which then seems to fade away. My guess is that the first object is bright star and the second could be a Chinese lantern perhaps? Anyway thought you guys would enjoy the footage so here we go:

Objects in sky

That's Venus dude, I saw it too! It was beautiful

I got a picture of it too, I will post when I upload it. However, whilst viewing this spectacle I did in fact see a UFO but wasn't quick enough to get a shot, it just disappeared.

Edit to add: I saw an orange light too dude, and I don't think it was a lantern. Especially as you saw one too and we are 200miles away from eachother!

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Wide-Eyes]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Also, on topic. I am absolutely loving the clear skies, not a single contrail and perfect weather. I wonder if it would be like this a more if planes never flew over.
One can only dream of such things.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

That's a very interesting video, I think it deserves its own thread tbh.

I want that video to be discussed properly.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
looks like there might be more opportunities tonight, it's quite clear here in Manchester so fingers crossed it will stay that way for later

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

That's Venus dude, I saw it too! It was beautiful

Thanks for the info buddy, just had a look and it looks like what you say is Venus is out again tonight, looks incredible. Interesting that you also saw something similar to me last night, did you get a chance to caputure a pic/video, would be great to see it?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigK

Objects in sky

To help give you some idea where the object was above I live in Canada Water and I was looking North/North East. I guess the object would have been moving East to West. The bright star would have been in the West/North West.

I must say, it's really nice not having any aircraft in the skies over London for a change.

Update:

I have filmed some more glowing orbs tonight in the same location as yesterday. Here is the video:

Second sighting | 17th April

Interesting I seen some reports on www.uk-ufo.co.uk... which might be linked to the same thing I filmed.

Thank to wide-eyes for the Venus info for my first video

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I saw a UFO when I was 11 years old, it wasn't an orb, it was an actual shape of a ufo, i done research and i am so lucky to have seen this, i was less than quater mile away from it, and stared at it for atleast 30 seconds, when i rushed in to get a camera when i went out, it had gone, and ever since always had the urge to do my research and have been since the age of 16, whether or not the stuff i have gathered is true or not it makes sense.

literally 38 minutes ago I was gazing up in the sky through my hatch (I live in the attic) and notice a star, however this one was moving, faster than any plane I have seen planes moving in the sky this star looking light trvelling about 5 times that of a plane, and it was extremely high up, it passed over and faded, the next one approximately 3 minutes after did the same but from a different angle.

I do believe as the british public we are being mind #ed by the goverment, ufo's and aliens beings are being publicised as bunch of herdy gerdy, and anyone who says i seen a ufo is regarded crazy. However ignore the mindless lemmings that think your crazy their too dumb to realize that maybe in roswell it wasn't a secretive military weather balloon composed of bits of wood and metal, they are seen all over the world hundreds of thousands of times. There is Billions of stars out there with billions of planets, do the odds people.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
My wife and i have just seen 3 objects very high could have possibly been satalites but 3 in 10 mins. Theyre too high to give a description, one thing though.....They aint planes im certain of that

More along the lines of what gary mckinnons related videos show, but not triangles i couldnt tell with naked eye they were too high

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'm not in the UK, however dozens of international flights were cancelled here in Russia as well.

I also saw a UFO tonight. I live in Moscow close to the Ostankino TV tower. I looked through the balcony door of my apartment on the 13th floow at about 23-30 hours (always on the lookout for UFOs) and a tiny light in the sky immediately grabbed my attention. It looked like a small star. It was cloudy, and the cloud cover was quite low. I think the light was moving just below the clouds.

I should mention that there seems to be an air traffic decent path in the vicinity, however, this light did not look like a regular airplane. There was only one light, it wasn't rotating or blinking, I could not see any strobe lights.

I ran to the other room to get a camera and when I rushed out to the balcony the light was still there moving closer. I estimate that it moved a bit faster than the planes that I regularly see here do.

While fighting the camera (memory card was full and I had to clear it) I saw something weird. For a moment the little star turned into a ball of light and then back to the way it was.

My wife joined me on the balcony. I finally had the camera ready and I tried to catch the object in the viewfinder. However, when I pressed the shutter button nothing happened. The camera was ON and everything seemed normal but the autofocus did not engage when I pressed the shutter. Very weird.

I wish I spent more time looking at the object than fighting the camera. I missed the moment when the light changed its direction. According to my wife it was obvious that the object was solid and she thought that she could see some kind of an outline but then in a second the object disappeared. Probably in the clouds.

I said something like "Oh well, it was good while it lasted" and then suddenly we saw the sky light up with a single reddish flash on the horizon in the general direction where we watched the light.

I tried the shutter button again and it was back to normal. However, I thought that I wouldn't be able to take any good pictures anyway. Too dark, light too far away, wrong lens.

That's all I guess.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Check Venus out from last night, looks creepy on cam

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBigK

That second video is great.

I look forward to some more discussion about it tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join