It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK airspace is empty - one night only!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot
reply to post by above

Then tell this illiterate idiot that yes you can, and all the safety measures are supposed to be for air breathing engines. Gliders, parachutes, balloons and small ultralight engines are supposed to be excluded since they cannot be harmed by ash.

RE read aboves post before you accuse anyone of being illiterate he said IF, not he HAD been told not to fly

[edit on 16-4-2010 by wmd_2008]

[edit on 16-4-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
So... I just woke up from a good night sleep in The Netherlands...
Did anyone of you nighthawks spot any ufo's?
Hmmm... perhaps they were grounded too last night...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by markymint

WHAT you say is not exactly true as after listening to the reports on the radio NO mention was made of military flights. As the RAF do lots of low level training flights in Scotland/England at a few hundred feet and not at 8KM up where the ash is they could fly no problem.

The annual Joint Warrior exercise in Scotland has been suspended

news.bbc.co.uk...

So it is affecting military training

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
so much for a no fly britain ..i awoke this morning to the usual sight of contrails across the skies ..they were up last night around 12..30pm ...im in the south east of england and the contrails are still visible in their x shapes as per usual ..lies by the medi ...never ..

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by eliteosbo
so much for a no fly britain ..i awoke this morning to the usual sight of contrails across the skies ..they were up last night around 12..30pm ...im in the south east of england and the contrails are still visible in their x shapes as per usual ..lies by the medi ...never ..

Hmm, not convinced here. Doesn't seem like any lies. Visual proof & radar data prove it's quite true. And also various family friends stranded abroard since yesterday afternoon.

I'm south east too - we had one passing clump of clouds about 12.30 yes but it was clear again by 1.30am. I have video from 3am - 4.30am with my camera facing the London and east coast flight paths, so I'll be checking anything on a flight path.

Whatever you saw was natural. I'm sorry sir - there really hasn't been a plane above 10,000 feet since yesterday lunch-time. Unless they're invisible, myself and the other skywatchers would have seen one. If you can verify an actual plane that'd be great - at the moment it seems like you just saw some kind of clouds & assumed a plane had passed

There were some un-natural looking clouds yesterday, some that looked like that a plane might produce, and some with gashes through them where the air seemed to be moving the opposite direction. But this was natural. Surely it had to be. There seriously were no planes!

Anyway still great that everyone had a look out! Crazy if it keeps going past 7pm tonight! Oh and PS low level stuff round here is still quiet. And this is next to the 2nd largest heli base in UK. Seems to be serious business from the ground up :/

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I wonder if there is any data about a correlation with cloud type and cover in oktas whilst planes are and are not flying. Of course not volcanic clouds..

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by eliteosbo

if you actually read the news it says that some flights were permitted during the night when there was a gap in the cloud. I'm also in the south east and I didn't see any though...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
British airspace is closed until 01:00AM Saturday 16th April due to the ash cloud.Below is a video of the cloud moving towards the U.K source is Eumetsat

More information from UK newspaper
DailyMail
I am from the north west [Blackpool] and so far apart from no planes in the sky there is no dark cloud etc.. just clear blue sky but that means nothing.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by k3rm1t]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
I wonder if there is any data about a correlation with cloud type and cover in oktas whilst planes are and are not flying. Of course not volcanic clouds..

I did read something ages ago about the difference during the grounding on 11/9/01, I've long forgotten where i read it though and what conclusions they came to. I think there was a marked difference in cloud cover in general but not sure how this couldn't just be coincidental.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
UK airspace is empty - one night only!

Just to point out that it looks like the skies will be clear for at least one more night - they are saying now not till at least 1am Sat.

The air quality numbers should be interesting from the ends of the runways! - wonder if we will get to see those?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

Yeah well one more night of clean air then and a lot less of this going on

www.youtube.com...

By the way skies NE UK are clear not a single cloud

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Wing tip trails are common read HOW contrails form.

farm3.static.flickr.com...

The picture above is a good example

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Switzerland also closed its airspace.

Current plan is to leave airspace closed until saturday, 09:00h CET (08:00h GMT) but a re-evaluation of the situatuation is planned for 21:00h CET. Currtent expectation is, that the airspace remains closed until further notice.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well i can tell you that here in Cumbria out in the middle of nowhere where i live it's a beautiful evening, gonna watch the sunset then look forward to some sky watching! clear skies and no planes in sight, it really is a one off and i'm looking forward to it. No fancy cameras or telescopes though.

What's to say that the guys up there will find it strange that there are no conventional craft flying up there also? maybe they will put on their own show!

October

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by jazz10

Wing tip trails are common read HOW contrails form.

farm3.static.flickr.com...

The picture above is a good example

www.youtube.com...

These two just are not in the same league

Theres no comparison at all

[edit on 16-4-2010 by jazz10]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Done a quick search and haven;t spotted this eleswhere, my apologies if it's already been posted..

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

come on mate?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Just the messenger, its' credibility or not is up to people to decide for themselves. It's been put out there, so letting people make their own minds' up

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Right obviously there will be a number of people sitting gutted they havent got the equipment to catch anything.?
Well most people now have mobile phones? with cameras which too are modern?
Set your cameras to multi shot and set to as many as possible, zoom in, point camera to areas of interest , eg dark cloud edges is a good start. Dont bother looking through the screen you must look at the sky (making sure no birds etc) click.
Make sure you are perfectly still though.
Then download your pics to your pc and view them in slide show. You will see anything that attracts tour attention through movement rather than look. I guarantee one of you will post something of interest, well maybe not "guarantee" but somewhere close

Try in daylight obviously not pitch black

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The ash has volcanic fallen our way ; it's a very, very fine brown dusting which has covered everything. One rain shower and it'll all be washed away. The sunset here was vibrant, you could look directly at the sun for a few seconds, it's dimmed considerably but is a deep orange/red color.

The local traffic signs all warn "danger-volcanic ash ahead" ... you don't see that everyday ! Clear skies tonight & no aircraft so we're going satellite hunting later

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join