It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK airspace is empty - one night only!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Yes, secret technology is also high on the list. But I'm privy to aliens meself

To me, of the millions of reports, not many of them sound like secret military equipment.

But you're right. My main point is really just, beautiful untainted sky
Possiblity of (more credible) UFOs tonight. Or for two years, if that eruption story decides to evolve

For the record - there is apparently a geomagnetic storm in progress. Whether that would affect planes or not I don't know.

EDIT: Oxfordshire walkabout...not a lot. Beautifully clear sky all day and now too. But no UFOs! Just tranquility

[edit on 15-4-2010 by markymint]

[edit on 15-4-2010 by markymint]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
22:30
I'm in Manchester, United Kingdom - Nothing here. It's mostly cloudy actually with drabs of clear patches in between, theres some clear patches on the way so fingers crossed in the next hour it would of gone completely clear.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
well ill be outside all tomoz from 6:30 onwards untill 2ish when i finish my round. ill be keeping my eyes peeled. off to bed now

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I just took a walk with my dog, amazing, not a single plane in the air. I usually see at least 2 or more. There are 2 airforce bases and a commercial airport in my region so there is normally lots of activity.

I just saw the stars and one shooting star.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Thanks for keeping a look out folks. I just had 20 minutes horizontal time in the garden but nothing to report. I've seen 4 satellites tonight which is more than I've seen for ages! But I suppose thats the extra attention I've had on the sky all day. Well, it's certainly been an interesting one. The ash story (I'm going with YOU ASH-HOLE for The Sun tomoz) the radio signal blob & the Wisconsin meteor... epic times!

It's almost as epic as ze german AI I'm going to defeat in COD3 now. See you later.

PS. Looks like they did ground helicopters - anyone else near a UK base notice minimal activity this evening, or were there any further low flying aircraft from 9pm onwards spotted? Just out of curiosity.

For the record: The original article stated "There are no health risks because it is in the upper atmosphere". But if you scroll down it says "A scientist warns it would pose a serious health risk at ground level". And in the middle it says some of it is likely to fall in rain. So if you get caught in rain tomorrow, you're going to bloody melt!!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I got to see something unusual whilst having a smoke, at first I thought it was a star except it was blinking on and off and changing location each time it blinked. Dunno what it was but it weren't civilian, most unusual indeed though, gonna go for another smoke in abit before sleeps so hopefully I'll see more unusual activity in the sky as it's really clear at the moment apart from a slight haze (could be the ash ?)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hi all,
I pretty much registered just to say this, but I was lying down on the loving room when I saw really bright light projecting onto the wall opposite me. I guess this light came through the kitchen window. I went in to investigate and ky brother was also there, having also seen the lights. So, UFO or whatever it was, it scared me. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this?
In Scotland by the way, near Glasgow.
Cheers!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Probably a military Jet or Awacs or something

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Just as I suspected, however it took a little longer but sure enough around 23:30Pm the cloud dispersed and by the turn of midnight it was completely clear here in Manchester.
I setup my observation post (those of you that have read my other thread will already know I'm a participant in project skywatch anyway) around 1am. I've kept to the same strategy, more so because of my limited scope and focus with the hitachi i'm using.

Despite the clear skies, I got nothing exciting, although I did set myself constant challenges with this videocamera. I kept picking stars or satellites that were further and further away from the last one I video'd. the last one took me about 25 minutes just to setup but i got about 2 minutes footage on it.

Always good to get the practice in

Anyone interested in becoming a participant in project skywatch you can U2U me or visit the link in my signature. Video observations will be on my Youtube channel later on this afternoon.

In friendship
Rich

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Breaking news!:

The intergalactic traveler/investigators have notified the British MOD that they plan to follow the no fly zone just like lowly humans. They said they will probably just go hang out at one of Dr. Greer's places, or maybe go have some cow tongue and other body parts from one of the ranches in the south west U.S.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I like this idea, not often do you get chances like this,

Keep your cameras handy and your eyes peeled

And goodluck!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
From the Telegraph:

He added that the cloud was thinly dispersed at high altitudes and that there was little risk of Britain being dusted with ash, although it is possible many will enjoy a bright red sunset.

We should still have high visibility.

The original link explains how the fine dust gets into engines and solidifies into a glass which blocks the engine. So in theory the dust would rebound of a UFOs surface and not affect its inner workings

I would be amazed if no one is researching the huge tactical advantage that similar natural disasters can offer in the modern battlefield. The ability of denying the use of airspace in a whole continent isn't something you scoff at.
We might get to see all kinds of craziness and environment manipulation in future wars (or already since the timing is also highly suspect) just because we humans usually believe that because we can so we should.

Originally posted by JanusFIN
This is interresting "drill" also...

No flight zones above countries we havent seen after 911, I think.

Secondly I think Chinese have been very wise, when they have build their future infrastructure plans to be based only to superfast trains, and not domestic flights grid like in Europe.

Well, Chinese have lots of earthquakes and I don't believe their general area is threatened by any big and active volcanoes. It's like they have a big earthquake once every 3 months now which its insane, which it also does great damage to their economy, so railroads would not be much use for their remote locations if they had to deal with earthquakes emergencies. Instead developing air transport would enable them a safer route.

Europe on the other hand would be benefited greatly by railroads since the frequency for earthquakes of the scale they see at China t lest is much less. Flights would be grounded in case of earthquakes and simultaneous volcano activity, of course depending on the weather too.

It seems everybody is doing the opposite thing of what they should be doing, all the while we think we are so much advanced and we definitely dong the right things. All transport technologies we use are relatively new, like less than 100 years old and such a small period of time is considered only a second in terms of true geological time. We don't have a clue about how reliable our modern ways of transport will be in case of true emergencies. Things by the way I see it, since we are in a slowed down global economy won't change on the innovation sector quickly. Nobody will be bothering for research for public safety in case of unforeseen disasters if the money for even the ordinary stuff is not even there.

We also don't have a clue of what secret plans and technologies are being researched that would make use of natural disasters and even provoke them in order for advantages to be gained.

I can say we are pretty much screwed. All those years of technological evolution might turn out they can end in pretty much a single week if we are not careful and plan ahead.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CWalker
Hi all,
I pretty much registered just to say this, but I was lying down on the loving room when I saw really bright light projecting onto the wall opposite me. I guess this light came through the kitchen window. I went in to investigate and ky brother was also there, having also seen the lights. So, UFO or whatever it was, it scared me. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this?
In Scotland by the way, near Glasgow.
Cheers!

Yes, it is called car headlights...
Please define what a loving room is?

BTW, if aliens want to make a point since skies over Northern Europe are free from airplanes, well... NOW IT'S THE TIME!
If not then we all get it. They want nothing to do with us and is just business as usual for them every time we get to see them.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
just saw this on BNO tweet

Britain's air space to remain closed until at least Friday because of Iceland volcanic ash, say officials - Reuters

So now u can add one day at your no fly !

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Dolby_X]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Boy if they grounded air traffic here, I'd be up on top of my garage all night.

G'luck and have fun friends across the pond!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Latest News

Flights are cancelled till at least 7pm UK time friday but theres a possibility it could last for Days.

Its not just the UK thats affected most of Europe Have also Cancelled Flights

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

WHAT you say is not exactly true as after listening to the reports on the radio NO mention was made of military flights. As the RAF do lots of low level training flights in Scotland/England at a few hundred feet and not at 8KM up where the ash is they could fly no problem.

I also saw one aircraft flying yesterday in the afternoon a microlight

It could also work against your UFO assumptions too, no planes in the sky and if we have no UFO reports what might that tell you

[edit on 16-4-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Yes, most of europes airspace is closed. Wonder what they are covering over by this decision. Small/hobby aircraft traffic would be totally safe.

In the matter of facts, i was just outside paragliding from a local farm hill, and would have gotten really angry, is some cop came and say you cannot do that!

[edit on 4/16/2010 by above]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by above

Covering over what, here we go with all the daft theories if any of you guys DONT think its for safety we can have a whip round and charter you an aircraft let you go up to the level of the ash and lets see what happens anyone want to book a flight for that one!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by above

Then tell this illiterate idiot that yes you can, and all the safety measures are supposed to be for air breathing engines. Gliders, parachutes, balloons and small ultralight engines are supposed to be excluded since they cannot be harmed by ash.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join