It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK airspace is empty - one night only!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hello, I'm sure you've read by now about the volcanic eruption in Iceland that has caused all flights across the UK to be grounded, and no planes allowed in our airspace for the next 18 hours or so.

news.bbc.co.uk...

So I thought I'd share this one off moment with you, I've never known such a thing to happen to the UK. We have low flying choppers still but that seems to be about it. No planes up there whatsoever ... awesome!

Anything you see high up in the UK sky between now and tomorrow morning has a heightened possiblity of being truly alien

www.flightradar24.com... shows no signs of any passing planes

If you get a chance tonight, have a look up to the sky! I can only imagine that a completely clear airspace means UFOs will have a proper chance to fly about our land! And as the first crop circle of 2009 was reported a year ago yesterday, here's to hoping they use the oppurtunity tonight!

Well that's all. If anyone has heard of UK airspace being grounded for any reasons other than terrorism, do tell

No planes whatsoever, and now it's affecting much of Europe. It truly will be the clearest sky for a long time tonight! Don't miss out

[edit on 15-4-2010 by markymint]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
yes but wont the reason for closure. block the skies?

wont there be a big lumps of ash clouds blocking most of the night sky?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

No the ash cloud is too thin to block anything.

However the bl**dy layer of stratus covering half the country means some of us haven't even seen the sun today, have no chance of a sunset (nor the conjunction of Mercury, Moon and Venus) and more likelihood of seeing UFOs in small bucket of water under the stairs

(me not happy with weather!!! )

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
From the Telegraph:

He added that the cloud was thinly dispersed at high altitudes and that there was little risk of Britain being dusted with ash, although it is possible many will enjoy a bright red sunset.

We should still have high visibility.

The original link explains how the fine dust gets into engines and solidifies into a glass which blocks the engine. So in theory the dust would rebound of a UFOs surface and not affect its inner workings

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
when does this start / finish.

ill keep my eyes peeled when i take my dog for a walk.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Yeah, I had this thought too.

Also, be aware that we'll be able to see Mercury at its best tonight.
And were ment to apparently be having a weird looking sun set due to the eruption.
And finally, what with the ash, dont think the 'stereotype' massive dust clouds.
The ash has been absorbed into the Atmosphere and is spread out a little bit. So the particles wont obstruct the night sky. Unless its cloudy where you are.
Its an all Blue sky here in South Wales!
My viwe wont be obstructed, but I also want to watch the political debate tonight due to its 'historic' relevance.
But then again, the Sky over the UK has never been a no-fly zone, which is also of historic relevance...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It (flight ban) started at 12pm today, and ends (currently) at 7am tomorrow morning.

This link has more info and a map. They expect it to be covering most of the UK by midnight tonight:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 15-4-2010 by markymint]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
ok just read the times silly me.

shame it don't last a tad longer as im outside every day doing my post round.

normally im taking in everything around me. from suspect plain trails to anything interesting.

but ill be looking up when i take pookie for a walk in half an hour

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This is interresting "drill" also...

No flight zones above countries we havent seen after 911, I think.

Secondly I think Chinese have been very wise, when they have build their future infrastructure plans to be based only to superfast trains, and not domestic flights grid like in Europe.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Yeah, I was thinking that myself. I will be looking up tonight for sure, the irony is though, it is a lovely day here near edinburgh, clear blue skies for miles, not a sign of ash anywhere, but the met office map shows Scotland as being well and truly covered today. They updated that map at around noon, when it was also very clear here.

I can only assume that the ash must be in the air as a particulate, not visible to us.

It is odd not having any planes flying around, quite pleasant only to have the sounds of spring and children playing, oh, and the cars and trucks, (can`t have it all eh) audible today.

And the lack of con/chem trails is nice too.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
im in Dorset about as south as you can get and its a really clear day.

the odd few clouds. ill post back after my walk out side. probably wont see anything but ill take a camera just in case. its nice to know anything i may see is a potential UFO until 7 tomorrow.

or someone breaking the ban.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I would just like to add. that before setting off today,. My car was covered in fine dust. had to clean all my windows.

the rest of the car is also covered in it.
i didn't leave it that way yesterday.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
well im about to have a ciggy outside with my coffee.

ive found the camera and its charged

just t going to test the camera its my g/f and i haven't used it much she wont mind.. she will think im mad but i can live with that lolz

fingers crossed

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
well im cafinated

the only thing i witnessed breaking the no fly zone was very identifiable a seagull...

but the camera captured it so guess ive got it on the right setting

ill take it with me you never know.

hopefully if everyone reading this thread in the uk arms themselfs with a camera someone might get lucky.

ps. flagged

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I posted an almost identical thread on my forum!

Just went out with the dog and took my camera too ha ha.... ahh you can always hope eh?

Am looking forward to a smashing sunset and hopefully something 'interesting' to capture on camera later...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

can't really see sunset where i am.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
keep eyes peeled on

www.ufostalker.com...

and mufo's last 20 reports

mufoncms.com...

none are in the uk yet.

but would add some credibility with the lack of planes if some popped up

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yep! One of the few days sightings in the UK can be taken seriously, I guess. So any people on the M6 filming fighter jets chasing a UFO, you may gain 0.1% credibility on the last attempt. But as there is a flight ban you may actually become less credible than the last

Got my camera at the ready too and will have a wander about later on!

I'm going with the theory that the military have shut-down flights after they tracked the Wisconsin meteor last night and successfully destroyed it but there's another one on the way directed for the UK and they can't be arsed. Afterall, it's April in Quahog

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

I star and flagged this post because i just knew where you were heading on this.
Anything you see high up in the UK sky between now and tomorrow morning has a heightened possiblity of being truly alien undefined

Introducing for one night only then?
Could anyone else please clarify which other airports are closed and verify if its only the uk?
Hopefully the skies will be clear tonight or will the blanket of cloud suddenly ruin it?

Heres another thing that just dawned on me totally off topic but, false flag? Ground all aircraft as precation? Could there be something else to this? The parts of clear sky i see theres no trace of any ash? Im NE uk?Also ...15 April? isnt that a significant date? sure i read somewhere here on ATS?

[edit on 15-4-2010 by jazz10]

[edit on 15-4-2010 by jazz10]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
A lot of French airports are closing down too tonight at 10pm.... It fascinating watching www.flightradar24.com... and for the first time seeing no yellow planes over the UK.... and less and less planes over western Europe as the time ticks on...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join