It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked police film shows Mexico drug war

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Just wait until this makes it way across the border into Texas, or even further into the US.

I have a feeling a lot of people in the US would also sympathize with these people, believe it or not.

How would you feel about THIS kind of "War on Drugs"?

[edit on 15-4-2010 by bsbray11]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The American DEA has done a great job setting up these guys with a very profitable business. They systematically removed all the non-violent drug sellers from the market. They all make massive amounts of money now and no one is allowed to compete with them.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

I honestly can't help but think that the Mexican government at least is perpetuating this war, if not US interests.

Why?

Because they still haven't legalized the drugs.

Seriously, nowhere NEAR this amount of death and destruction would occur from people legally smoking pot, even in the worst imaginable scenarios of people getting baked out of their skulls and driving around all over the place missing stop lights and other careless things. Even THAT would not be as bad as this drug war is! And if they legalized it and started bringing in a massive legitimate market to shops, this would get rid of the illegal trade and drug war faster than anything else, and not only that, but could generate millions in tax revenue.

So since they have not chosen this ridiculously obvious route, I can't help but think someone powerful WANTS this war to continue, and I'm not just talking about the drug lords themselves.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Just wait until this makes it way across the border into Texas, or even further into the US.

I have a feeling a lot of people in the US would also sympathize with these people, believe it or not.

How would you feel about THIS kind of "War on Drugs"?

"Just wait until this makes it way across the border into Texas, or even further into the US." ...uhh man the US got the highest amount of drug addicts in the world...the druglords have been in your country for a while now...waky, waky...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

From the video it looks nothing like pot but more like coc aine. Last time I checked baggies of white stuff that you put to your nose was not pot.

Legalizing coc aine for anything other than medical use would be ridiculous in my opinion.

But from the video it is obviously not pot so the whole legalize it to keep this from happening is a moot point. Unless of course one is for the legalization of all drugs across the board.

Raist

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
These guys are big, and I mean bigger then any president. They have money in the billions of dollars. You will never be able to take them down unless you strike their top generals and leader all at the same time.

These guys have a well funded organization. They are always in the surplus never negative. I think that the people think they are hero's because they know how to spread the wealth, enough to get the people to be on their side. Whereas the government's money supply is limited, and their army is only as good as the weapons we give them, which they sometimes lose to the cartels.

We actually need to do something about this crime syndicate. The government is claiming the taliban and Al Qaeda are a threat to your liberties? These guys are the real bad news. I don't understand whether the government is incompetent, or this is deliberate to install more strict security measures.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the CIA has had a hand in helping these guys. I would be surprised if there was no politicians helping these guys, in turn, returning a big investment percentage on their buck.

This world today I tell you, it is all going to hell. Sometimes I wonder when people will realize that this is just ridiculous. We are being sandwiched in by the government and the drug/terrorist cartels.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
reply to post by earthdude

Seriously, nowhere NEAR this amount of death and destruction would occur from people legally smoking pot, even in the worst imaginable scenarios of people getting baked out of their skulls and driving around all over the place missing stop lights and other careless things. Even THAT would not be as bad as this drug war is!

I find that unacceptable!

Do you relish the idea of legal drugs so much that you'll accept traffic fatalities from it?

Scenario, someone runs a light because they are under the influence and kills one of your kids, or your spouse, or your parents.. your just going to shrug it off and say "Oh well, at least the drugs are legal"?

I think not. Legalising drugs will do nothing more then make it easier for people to be sheep.

Look at the drunk drivers we have.. It would get alot worse if we allowed drugs.

not to mention people at work. Relish the idea of your brain surgeon having baked himself silly the night before, and your his first surgery bright and early.. Hope he didn't bake his med-school classes away last night.

People are already dumbed down enough in our society, we don't need legalised drugs unless perscribed by a Dr.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Double post.. apologies

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Cygnis]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Oh yeah no doubt those guys are armed to the teeth. I have seen pictures of the scenes after shoot outs down there where the cartel members dropped/died with m4 with ACOG and 100 rnd C-mags. Question is whether or not they'd be able to use them worth a # when highly trained warriors who fight for country and justice are laying on the triggers on the other end.

As for your other comment....you must be blind man. The RPG-7's and frags are on isle 14...right next to the 40 mike mikes and AT-4's...you'd think a man had never been inside an American walmart

Those fools might get some ammunition and weapons from the US...but they certainly have other means as well, as you have pointed out.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
you guys in the USA have gun rights yes ????

arn't they there to protect you from invaders ???

i'd say this warrants having a gun just in case one of these militia groups ever venture across the border....

Just shoot em first.....

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
From the video it looks nothing like pot but more like coc aine. Last time I checked baggies of white stuff that you put to your nose was not pot.

Legalizing coc aine for anything other than medical use would be ridiculous in my opinion.

But from the video it is obviously not pot so the whole legalize it to keep this from happening is a moot point. Unless of course one is for the legalization of all drugs across the board.

Just because the guy is doing coke doesn't mean that's where all their money is.

Pot is grown all over Mexico and harvested and sold and probably makes these guys far more profit than coke does. For one thing the market is larger.

But either way, coke can be legalized too. What you're seeing now is exactly what happens when you try stomping it out the way you're talking about. Is it working?

[edit on 16-4-2010 by bsbray11]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

You would be wrong in that assumption. Marijuana certainly brings some money into Mexico, but a majority of pot in U.S. is grown domestically, and a higher percentage of pot comes down from Canada than comes up from Mexico. The Mexican cartels make most of their narcotic money transporting coc aine, heroin and methamphetamines. This is a proven fact, and makes perfect sense when you consider the value of a pound of heroin or coke versus that of a pound of crappy-grown Mexican bud. All the coc aine manufactured in central and south american countries needs to find its way into the U.S. market place, which has a higher demand for coc aine than the rest of the world combined. With air trafficking nearly impossible and the coast guard cracking down on the waters, Mexico has provided the perfect smuggling route for the billions of dollars of narcotics that come from south of our border. In fact, it is part of the reason the cartels have become so powerful, and has allowed coke to run through mexico like it was robert downy junior's nose in 1990.

I've known people that have transported lbs domestically, believe me, there is not THAT much money in even 200 lbs of marijuana to justify the type of investment the cartels have made in security and transportation.

On another note, I agree completely with your sentiments on "the war on drugs."

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You have not lived in the U.S. long have you? Or are you just being gullible? Here in the central U.S. there are tons of plants grown year-round. More money in pot than coke? You are kidding right? Really anyone can grow pot it is not that hard. It takes knowledge though to refine coke, heroin, or even produce “decent” (if that word can be used) methamphetamines.

The bag alone that the guy in the truck has should tell you that is a sample of their transport. That looks like one of those gallon freezer bags. Do not be fooled the cartels down south while they might have their hands in pot it is certainly not their major income provider. Again any john doe can grow pot plants; the stuff is like a weed in most areas it grows anyway. The real money has always been with the refined and manufactured drugs.

Raist

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84
The Mexican cartels make most of their narcotic money transporting coc aine, heroin and methamphetamines. This is a proven fact, and makes perfect sense when you consider the value of a pound of heroin or coke versus that of a pound of crappy-grown Mexican bud.

What you say could be correct as far as I know, but it could also be disinformation to dissuade the obvious "just legalize it" solution. I just can't imagine reliable ways to see how much heroin or meth is being consumed all over the country compared to marijuana or any other drug, as even with police busts they never know how much is still "out there." I don't doubt those substances are more difficult to come across (which is partly my point) and are worth more, it would just also be very easy to say that those are most responsible for the "drug war" and that the cartels are all biggest into these most nasty things.

In either case legalization of at least marijuana and amounts of coc aine would curtail things greatly in favor of ending the war, so there is really no excuse for not doing that already.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by bsbray11]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

you would be wrong in your assumptions again

I am a huge proprietor of Marijuana. Talking about drugs is generally against ATS protocol (a rule which I do not support nor do I understand)

If you read the end of my post you would see that I am all for the legalization option, and believe it would yield a critical new source of income for the country on all levels; as well as taking a critical source of money away from many violent and ignorant individuals and organizations.

as for the cartels' choice to transport coke:

1 pound of coc aine: $27,000 in the United States
Once in the United States, the pound of coc aine is cut (diluted) five or six times and is worth about $150,000 when finally sold on the street.

1 pound of Marijuana: Depending on the quality/strain can sell for between 2000 and 5000 dollars (unless you are getting ripped off).

Not to mention 1 lb of marijuana takes up the physical space of 10 lbs of coc aine. It is easier to detect and gives off a stench, regardless of a vacuum pack.

Just trying to inform you as to the situation in Mexico. I advise you to not buy into the "disinformation agent" panic that is sweeping ATS. People should not be afraid if these agents do exist (though I believe they most likely do not), as information is something that is verifiable by the recipient. The only thing to fear is the "sheep" syndrome, where you take another's word as fact without validation through self-intitiated learning.

*edit*

Saw you are a fellow Virginian, so trust me on my word as such if necessary brother.

Jay Bergman, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration's Andean regional director has been closely watching the expansion of Mexican cartels in the regions.

"With the dismantlement of the former Colombia cartels and the retraction of these cartels from key geographic locations outside of Colombia, the Mexican cartels have filled the vacuum first by assuming supremacy of the coc aine distribution market in the United States and in recent years in a much broader global context," he said.

That was illustrated in a case that unfolded late last year in which a consortium of Mexican drug cartels were busted attempting to smuggle 1,200 tons of coc aine into the United States from Colombia. That case demonstrated how Mexicans, including the Beltran-Leyva and Sinaloa cartels, were in charge in major drug shipments from Colombia to the United States, with Colombians assuming a diminished role.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
i don't think everyone on this sight see's the whole picture! the whole picture is mexico has had a loss of jobs for numerous years now, and the only means to make a buck is drugs! observing the way in which these trained militants moved and took care of business, i am absolutely sure that these men are highly trained from either mexico or U.S.A. Which leads me to beleive that if our government doesn't stop the real war on terror that is waging each and everyday on our border of Mexico, we are going to have one hell of a mess on our hands! rrr, cannot beleive this asinine lunacy that goes on a day to day basis here in the states

after my lil rant sorry guys!
how long will it be until most of us in the states our fighting for our very lifes while our troops are fighting terrorists over seas???

[edit on 22-4-2010 by allprowolfy]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Wow the DEA has done their job too well... Here are some inconvenient truths for you with sources cited.

"In sum, there is little evidence that decriminalization of marijuana use necessarily leads to a substantial increase in marijuana use." - National Academy of Sciences, Institute of Medicine (IOM). 1999. Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base. National Academy Press: Washington, D.C., 102.

"The Law Revision Commission has examined laws from other states that have reduced penalties for small amounts of marijuana and the impact of those laws in those states. ... Studies of [those] states found (1) expenses for arrest and prosecution of marijuana possession offenses were significantly reduced, (2) any increase in the use of marijuana in those states was less that increased use in those states that did not decrease their penalties and the largest proportionate increase occurred in those states with the most severe penalties, and (3) reducing the penalties for marijuana has virtually no effect on either choice or frequency of the use of alcohol or illegal 'harder' drugs such as coc aine."
- Connecticut Law Review Commission. 1997. Drug Policy in Connecticut and Strategy Options: Report to the Judiciary Committee of the Connecticut General Assembly. State Capitol: Hartford.

"There is no strong evidence that decriminalization affects either the choice or frequency of use of drugs, either legal (alcohol) or illegal (marijuana and coc aine)." - C. Thies and C. Register. 1993. Decriminalization of Marijuana and the Demand for Alcohol, Marijuana and Cocaine. The Social Sciences Journal 30: 385-399.

There is no compelling evidence that marijuana contributes substantially to traffic accidents and fatalities. At some doses, marijuana affects perception and psychomotor performances- changes which could impair driving ability. However, in driving studies, marijuana produces little or no car-handling impairment- consistently less than produced by low moderate doses of alcohol and many legal medications. In contrast to alcohol, which tends to increase risky driving practices, marijuana tends to make subjects more cautious. Surveys of fatally injured drivers show that when THC is detected in the blood, alcohol is almost always detected as well. For some individuals, marijuana may play a role in bad driving. The overall rate of highway accidents appears not to be significantly affected by marijuana's widespread use in society.

Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse. “Legalization: Panacea or Pandora’s Box”. New York. (1995):36.

Swan, Neil. “A Look at Marijuana’s Harmful Effects.” NIDA Notes. 9.2 (1994): 14.

Moskowitz, Herbert and Robert Petersen. Marijuana and Driving: A Review. Rockville: American Council for Drug Education, 1982. 7.

Mann, Peggy. Marijuana Alert. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1985. 265.

I'm sorry but your argument holds no truth in the real world.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join