It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked police film shows Mexico drug war

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Leaked police film shows Mexico drug war

www.guardian.co.uk

The footage, apparently filmed by a police surveillance camera, gives a rare – and terrifying – glimpse of the impunity with which the foot soldiers of Mexico's warring drug cartels are able to operate.

Around 30 gunmen are seen arriving in SUVs at a crossroads just outside the town. The images come from a massacre occurring on 15 March in which eight people were killed. They included a 14-year-old girl shot dead inside a different house from the one attacked on film.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
A lot of people are under the misunderstanding that these cartels thugs are just a couple guys maybe high who like to shoot at things...

well that is very far from the truth... many of their solders are just that, ex military and in platoon like strength.
frightening to think the cops watched all those people killed and did nothing... well not entirely true... they got their asses kicked... damn near killed

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This is really getting out of hand from what Ive been reading.
Proper Mercs employed to do the work of drug lords, who value money above their morals.
If anything, they should turn their weapons on their employers.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

Remember their boss is seen as a national folk hero...with a kind of Robin Hood reverence
go to any bar down in Mexico and you'll hear the "El Chapo" song played many times before the night is done... their not about to turn on him

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
id seen the vid before but didnt realize it was from a police station. with police officers in it no-less.

the mexican police, military, and prison systems dont seem to be any match for these guys. mexico has already fallen, and this particular cartel has proven to be pretty crazy, obviously ignoring the rule of never getting high on your own supply.

so what do we do about the crazy drug induced narco-insurgents below us?

option a) go over there, and take em out.

or option b) wait untill they come over here, and take them out.

both options seem undesirable but i assure you one of the options is unavoidable unless the other is chosen.

this is classic divide and conquer. This same tactic brought down Nazi Germany, they spread their troops across russia so thin (scorched earth) that they left their mainland open and vulnerable to outside invasion.

and did russia even really matter at that point in the war? no.

we have our entire military across the world fighting opponents that dont strategicly matter. and now we are completely vulnerable on our homelands southern front. Meanwhile, somebody(venezuala) is supplying them(insurgents) with the capabilities of overthrowing the mexican government, and invading our southwestern states.

i predict everybody will sit around worrying about Iran, ditteling their dicks, untill Mexico is overthrown.

then the de facto government will, strongarm the populas into joining the revolution, and attempt to take back what was once mexico.(southwest)

and all we will have to protect our citizenry is unorganized militia and state guards. if they can storm military compounds, police stations, and prisons....i think were gunna need more than that.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Yeah. that whole situation is not looking good.
I'm hoping that el chapo is not another santa anna.

And guess what folks. the government doesn't care about national security.
at least not if the danger is from mexico.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
can we stop this madness and legalize drugs yet? Or are we going to keep wasting billions of dollars giving violent criminal thugs an exclusive monopoly on substances which millions of people evidently want to use.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

Funny thing is I was wondering if I should open a web site so folks could donate their surplus ammo to those of us living on the border...

Maybe shoot an email off to all the arms makers and tell em we'd happy to test their latest offerings under a real world environment???

the sad part is thanks to Washington turning their backs on the problems, we might soon need every round and gun we can get our hands on

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

A Robin Hood figure... Who isnt to 'politically' correct in preying on addicts for his cash for his hash.
Weirdly though, and way in the realm of conspiracy/skunk works, since he can get mercs, defeat police easily, is it possible a Coup may be on the cards? Or would that make the C.I.A intrested? Unless they all ready have a piece? Bit off topic.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
can we stop this madness and legalize drugs yet? Or are we going to keep wasting billions of dollars giving violent criminal thugs an exclusive monopoly on substances which millions of people evidently want to use.

The only way we'll beat the narco armies is the above option at the same time we'll stop our societies drifting the same way take the cash flow away from the criminals, with the added bonus of cheap clean drugs for the users who no longer feel compelled to steal my stuff just to get high, selfish *****.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
What we need to do is send a few dozen special operations forces operators from the U.S. down there with full tactical and intelligence support.

Operators from our own JSOC would have these murderous cartel thugs droppiing their weapons and urinating themselves or dropped like a sack of potatoes when the lead starts flying.

I'm peaceful in nature, but what the Mexican Cartels do to other human beings warrants the most violent and aggressive action possible. I look forward to the day when these drug cartel punks witness the violence of action that accompanies a group of SEALs, army operators or any of the other capable and highly trained special operations units from our country.

Imagine a drone catching these dirt bags doing what they just did. Launch some hellfires and send in the operators to clean up. Live it up now you Cartel sheep, I hope I see on the news one day where 100 of your boys are laid out lifeless on the street.

At least they would probably get a proper burial, unlike the thousands the cartel crams into barrels and chemically dissolves.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

A Robin Hood figure... Who isnt to 'politically' correct in preying on addicts for his cash for his hash.
Weirdly though, and way in the realm of conspiracy/skunk works, since he can get mercs, defeat police easily, is it possible a Coup may be on the cards? Or would that make the C.I.A intrested? Unless they all ready have a piece? Bit off topic.

You could be very right there bud..
Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán, Mexico's most-wanted drug trafficker and whose estimated net worth of US$1 billion makes him the 701st richest man in the world, according to Forbes Magazine...
we all know money is power and billionaires are very powerful people...

add to that when H Clinton went to Mexico last week it was to tell them the US is cutting back funding... just over 300 K and no money for weapons or aircraft...

Could be the TPTB are already thinking about president "El Chapo"

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

I agree with the legalization of drugs. If someone is dumb enough to get hooked on heroin or pcp or any of the extremely harmful and "hard" drugs...well, natural selection you know.

Our government would make money, Drug cartels would lose millions and violence would be curbed, if only a little bit.

These cartel thugs would inevitably find other ways to do dirt though. They don't value human life and don't understand the concept of making a good honest living.

I think we should murder, not just kill, but brutally murder every cartel member we can realistically find, from the top down. I still think SOF is the way to go, as they are incredibly adept at finding targets that don't want to be found and assaulting, killing, blowing up and otherwise pissing on those targets shortly there after.

Sh#, I'd be first in line to re-enlist and go through AIT, MOUT, JS, DS, RS, sere etc etc again if they would guarantee me that I would be operating in Mexico dropping cartel members like they were hot.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

Amen brother
there no diffrent than a rabid animal...
just posted another story about a little girl her mom getting out of school just a little while ago when they were gunned down along with three others
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Followed your link to the post....

I'm glad you are on top of the latest sh# shows that the cartel puts on.
Makes me sick that these fools can operate with impunity like this.

The Mexican government/military/law enforcement is obviously unable to handle the cartels without assistance. It's most likely due to a lack of funding, corruption and the general lack of a spine that seems to be characteristic of those in the position to fight back. I can't say I blame all the street-level authorities, as it is them and their families that end up being slaughtered by the cartel.

I would pay to run into 20-50 of these "mercenary" foot soldiers emplyed by the cartels with some of my old crew from the stan. Even without any ass we would have been more than happy to light up these toy soldiers given the chance. I'm a firm believer that once those mexican cartel mariposas run into a wall of 5.56 and 7.62 coming from properly trained individuals, they might start to see a drop in numbers. Not just those that would be wasted, but those that would drop their weapons and start digging in like a 6'6 afghan named Osama afterwards.

Stay frosty down there on the borderline. I'm fortunate enough to be over in VA, but if sh# hit the fan I'd love to dust off the old AR and pitch in brother.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

you reminded me of two points... the first is there better armed than most think... that baby girl and her mom were staffed with AK 47 fire... earlier in the month when the cartels attacked the army posts the did so with RPG-7's and hand grenades...

and that brings us to point two...
The gun grabbers keep saying the cartels are getting all their weapons from the US...
well brother I have been up and down every aisle of my walmart and I have yet to find the section that sells RPG-7 and handgrenades! maybe I'll check an see if 7/11 caries them on my way home today?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well this is a easy one...if your governments wanted to hold the border...the border would be safe today...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

and did russia even really matter at that point in the war? no.

Look up the Battle of the Hurtgen Forest ... 2 entire US Army infantry divisions were rendered combat ineffective for the rest of the war. Take the Battle of the Bulge and Operation Nordwind as 2 other examples. We thought they were spent and the final push into Germany would be easy going ... we found out otherwise - the hard way. Never under estimate your enemy ... ever.

I'm fortunate enough to be over in VA, but if sh# hit the fan I'd love to dust off the old AR and pitch in brother.

I think that is what is going to eventually happen. The federal government shows no sign of doing anything to protect our borders and before you know it the cartels are going to be pillaging some town on our side.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Hey Chris
I'm in Albuquerque so we're a good distance away but on the main route to elsewhere... My sister however is down in Deming 20 miles from the border ... the wife and I begged her to bring the kids up here, but she's afraid they'll burn her house down if she leaves...

every day I check the border news cause everyone knows that first attack on an American town is an, any day now, thing

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I know I would feel a lot safer if we had U.S. troops securing our southern border. The U.S. Government chooses to ignore the issue though and I believe it's only a matter of time before this becomes an everyday occurrence in the United States.

Don't worry though because all of the U.S. citizens protecting their families and property will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law if things turn violent

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join