It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Roads Gridlocked As Police Launch Surprise Drill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Israeli Roads Gridlocked As Police Launch Surprise Drill

www.haaretz.com

Roads across Israel were gridlocked on Thursday as Israeli security forces launched a nationwide drill at the height of the afternoon rush hour.

The comprehensive exercise included all arms of the security establishment: Israel Police, the Israel Defense Forces, firefighters and Magen David Adom emergency service.

A police statement issued Thursday said to expect major traffic delays and road closures and asked the public to be patient.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Drill??? RED ALERT!

I want to post this as own thread just to be noticed. Active threads witch I am also supporting from latest turns and headlines from "Scud Crisis " is available here:

"Hizbullah confirms report it received scud missiles"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I already can hear sirens...

Very concerning news has come out from Iranian PressTV - where they have confirmed that occupied areas will be secured by Hezbollah and Peace process is in dead-end by words of top palestinian negotiator.

- Evacuation of Sinai
- Both Olmert and Netanyahu has stayed in country
- Gas masks are given to population
- New bunkers are operational
- Gaza and West Bank are sealed

And now this - when "Scud Crisis" is developing in moments and White House gave 12 hours ago highest concern from developement and Russian flag ship went to Syrian port...

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Personally if anything kicks off at least Northern Europes radars will be quite free right now, lots of eyes looking for the unexpected

Silly remarks aside, I really hope nothing does happen to anyone... just as I am sure my hopes will be dashed..

I dread to think where we are heading.. I have hope this will all amount to nothing and be no more than a breif distraction.. but also recognise we sit at a similar cross roads that existed in the preWW2 era.

thanks for all your threads

[edit on 15/4/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Wow another escalation.

I wonder if the Israeli's got to try out there new gas masks. I have to say that was some excellent foresight on their part to supply their populace with masks and run those drills last year. They should be in good stead for any SCUD chemical/biological attacks if it comes to that.

This is certainly starting to be very alarming with all these evacuations and warnings I really think conflict is very near.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Surprise police drill paralyzes nation

Unannounced security forces' exercise creates huge traffic jams across nation; police set up roadblocks on major roads, including Tel Aviv-Jerusalem Highway. Eyewitness: I've never seen anything like it

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Oh dear. You always think the end of the world will be tomorrow
You never expect it to be today. I'll tip a glass just in case. Cheers.
And I'll begin searching for any new info as well.

This thread needs more attention. Let's hope it all simmers down.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
www.jpost.com...

according to the Wall Street Journal, the IDF came very close recently to attacking a convoy carrying weapons from Syria to Lebanon, but at the last moment decided against it.

According to the Kuwaiti daily Al-Rai, Israel sent warnings to Syria through Turkey and Qatar that it would “bomb Lebanese and Syrian targets in case the missiles crossed the border and reached Hizbullah.”

In related news, Col. Ronen Cohen, former head of the Northern Front in Military Intelligence and the current chief intelligence officer for the IDF’s Central Command, said in a research paper that an Israeli bombing of Lebanese national infrastructure would likely unite the Lebanese people behind Hizbullah and its leader, Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Police drill 'largest in Israel's history'

Major terror drill that paralyzed traffic across nation Thursday crucial, police say; exercise involved top secret police units, simulated various terror attacks, hostage-taking scenarios

www.ynetnews.com...

new topics

top topics

join