It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it me, or are there a LOT of us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Am I the only one who seems to see a LOT of people getting interested in
"conspiracy" type information?
Doesn't it seem, of late, that a lot of people are discussing a lot of the things we find discussed here, at ATS?
The meteor thing, for one.
End of the world scenarios, for another.
Google the word "conspiracy", and you receive 3,890,000 hits.
Google "conspiracy sites" and you receive 1,460,000 hits.
Go to Overture Search Term Suggestion Tool and key in the word
"conspiracy", you'll see that for the month of April 2004, alone, there were
20,010 searches for that word.
There are, currently, over 17,000 members at ATS, and this is only one site.
Maybe it's just me, or my perception, but it seems that more and more people are concerned with not only the current events, but those to come.
How do the rest of you feel?
=====================================================

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
yeah i agree, the most annoying thing is, there are a lot of very intelligent and logical people that are jumping on the bandwagon and making irrational debates about ludicrous stuff, without no fact or evidence at all, Pretty annoying how many hoaxes are cropping up, and people blindly believing it, Really frustrating, wheres the intellectual and fact finding discussion there? there isn't! seems people are so bored of their lives that left unchecked and unchallenged are allowed to create this fantasy world , and people just believe it at face value! now this is not aimed at the majority of people, it is just the deluded minority that is spoiling the community and putting ufo and genuine paranormal communities back years.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkRain
Google the word "conspiracy", and you receive 3,890,000 hits.
Google "conspiracy sites" and you receive 1,460,000 hits.
key in the word
"conspiracy", you'll see that for the month of April 2004, alone, there were
20,010 searches for that word.
Maybe it's just me, or my perception, but it seems that more and more people are concerned with not only the current events, but those to come.
How do the rest of you feel?
=====================================================

It"s true DarkRain, I think the underlying reason for the newly generated interest is the generally accepted idea that not all is quite right where 9/11 is concerned. That single event, should the truth ever see the light of day, could completely undermine world politics. It appears to me that it has made the general population rethink what it "knows".
The irony (if I'm using the word correctly) is that now more than ever we question the information we are fed by the White House's media disemination centre known as CNN, we question any information given to us by the authorities but in the end we find any conspiracy theory hard to accept until those same authorities admit that any given one is true.
And worse yet if they ever did come clean a whole new round of theories would evolve explaining that the admissions are disinformation to sheild us from another even deeper darker secret.

Ok I'm really dizzy now, I need a nap.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Yeah there seems to be thats why I joined this site lots of people are getting intrested (plus this site is awesome) and it gives for a lot of very good debate and sometimes, stress on the sometimes, gives us great theories and rational ones that are very possible.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegreat59
gives for a lot of very good debate and sometimes, gives us great theories and rational ones that are very possible.

Exactly these are the very reasons that make this board a cut above the rest, don't let the other sites GLP etc leak onto this board for gods sake,

top topics

join