It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to "Un-ignore" someone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I ignored someone awhile ago-someone who's posts I now want to read. Is there any way to "Un-ignore" them?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by HugmyRek

I've not got someone on ignore so I’m not 100% sure but try clicking on member tools.

Then Click on "ATS Account Settings" and on the left hand side look for "Manage Ignores" (you may have to scroll down a little bit)

Click delete next to their name and they should no longer be ignored.

Hope that's helpful.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Takes me several months to ignore someone..I like opposition, I become amused at "dumbtalk", and only after really exausting myself reading someones former posts, see if there is a endless trend do I finally choose such a measure. Some people are just trolls...they will never further an argument, they will never acknowledge facts, etc...

So, to the ignore they go.

In a year, I have found 3 people total that deserves this "honor".

I reckon however, I am ignored by 1/3rd of the board

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Takes me several months to ignore someone..I like opposition, I become amused at "dumbtalk", and only after really exausting myself reading someones former posts, see if there is a endless trend do I finally choose such a measure. Some people are just trolls...they will never further an argument, they will never acknowledge facts, etc...

So, to the ignore they go.

In a year, I have found 3 people total that deserves this "honor".

I reckon however, I am ignored by 1/3rd of the board

I have two people in my ignore list.

I also like opposing views but some people are so ignorant that I swear they can only see their own posts or their views are so diametrically opposed to my core beliefs that they disgust me.

There I said it...

Luckily out of all of you lot, I've only come across two people like that, which is a testament to the quality of people that frequent ATS.

Peace Out,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I've got nothing but trolls on my ignore.

Troll don't deserve my reading their continual crappy same old same old.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

There I said it...

Couldn't have said it any better.

I still won't ignore anyone as i feel that everyone has the potential to produce quality posts but i do agree with you guys still.

Some purposefully post nonsense for some reason. (it seems)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Uh, ok, I'll try that.
Thanks for all your help and feedback, guys/gals.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
"Ignore" is the root of the word "ignorance". In that light I see no real place for it on a site like ATS, and I commend you for trimming your list.

Logically debate; and, if need be, simply agree to disagree.

CX

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I must admit it's the one function on ATS that i do not and will not ever use.

I think you can sometimes learn something off even the biggest bad mannered troll if you give them a chance.

They might behave attrociously when it comes to one topic for example, but in other areas be very helpfull.

I would advise people to let the staff look after what we can and can't see on here, and don't miss out on something because you clicked ignore.

CX.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

I've not got someone on ignore so I’m not 100% sure but try clicking on member tools.

Then Click on "ATS Account Settings" and on the left hand side look for "Manage Ignores" (you may have to scroll down a little bit)

Click delete next to their name and they should no longer be ignored.

Hope that's helpful.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Rising Against]

Not on the new set up.
When they don't ignoring you, you can ignore them but now
when they do ignore you you can't stop ignoring them.

edit on 9/17/2010 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Not on the new set up.

I know, when I posted that we was in the old style ATS where what I posted worked.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Not on the new set up.

I know, when I posted that we was in the old style ATS where what I posted worked.

I didn't do any ignore yet only a subscribe and that worked OK.
A little window pops up.
Perhaps when an ignore button is pressed the options show up.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by HugmyRek
I ignored someone awhile ago-someone who's posts I now want to read. Is there any way to "Un-ignore" them?

Nice to see that almost everyone ignored your question and just debated whether or not to use the ignore feature. Fat lot of good that does you if you cannot manage an existing list.

I keep asking but so far no response from the management.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Nice to see that almost everyone ignored your question and just debated whether or not to use the ignore feature. Fat lot of good that does you if you cannot manage an existing list.

lol

I figured it out.
just click on the ignore button for any user and you will get a popup with a link to manage your ignore list.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
When I think of using the ignore button, I think of someone sticking their fingers in their ears...Na na na na
I wanna here the good, bad and ugly, so I won't ever use it.

I really care about what people have to say, I just don't care for the people saying it.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pickme

Originally posted by pickme
I figured it out.
just click on the ignore button for any user and you will get a popup with a link to manage your ignore list.

Thanks, pickme. I thought about trying that but was afraid I'd add another person to my unmanageable list.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hi.

I can't find the 'ignore button' anymore.

Where'd it go?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Originally posted by justadood
Hi.

I can't find the 'ignore button' anymore.

Where'd it go?

It seems to have disappeared with the "Friend" and "Foe" buttons. I've lost interest in keeping up with the changes but fortunately I was able to fix my "ignore" list before the facilities disappeared.

top topics

join