It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low solar activity link to cold UK winters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The UK and continental Europe could be gripped by more frequent cold winters in the future as a result of low solar activity, say researchers.

They identified a link between fewer sunspots and atmospheric conditions that "block" warm, westerly winds reaching Europe during winter months.

But they added that the phenomenon only affected a limited region and would not alter the overall global warming trend

Link

I posted this after a search for the title from the new story so my apoligies if someone has already posted it.

I liked the idea that they have seen a link bewteen sun activity and earths climate but what bothers me is how in the second paragraph they claim it only effects local weather not global.

It does give an explination of why this could be but my question would be how can the colder weather in Europe have no effect on Global weather.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
my question is how proponents of global warming could miss the giant volcano that is melting glaciers and spewing ash and particulate in the air (blocking sunlight)

TIRED OF CONTROL FREAKS

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Lower solar activity but is it the 'calm before the storm'?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

You mean "The Sun" has an impact on Earths climate!!!!!! come on man.... get with the game.

Can't believe anyone is researching this, it's common sense.....

Next somebody will be telling me It dark on a night because The Sun is on the other side of the planet.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Very True, Look at the Sun Spot prediction chart here link Right on track for 2012..

It's all just part of a Cycle, I believe that cycle is 3600 years, thats to make the full turn/360 degrees. In 2013 when Planet X comes from under The Sun, you can clearly see the rise in sunspot activity on that chart. However if you don't believe Planet X, cool speak no more of it, don't read further than this!

I personally have remote viewed the events of 2011/2013 and a little of 2014, it certainly isn't the end of the world and defiantly not the end of humanity. Planet X will hit the MSN around mid 2011 maybe a little before, the truth will be out there, as the public have more power over media since Social Networking kicked off.

The only evidence at the moment is from Ancient Text, Samples taken from Earth (Ice,Crust,Tree). They are a few pics knocking about of Planet X, but to be honest them pics will not convince people Planet X is real, but they soon will. The only physical evidence we have is the changes we are having on Earth and in our Solar System at the moment, Rise in Earthquakes, Rise in Volcanoes, Strange Weather patterns, Strange Auras, Spirals, Rise in Solar Activity, Bright and Dark spots on other Planets, comets flying in to The Sun more often.

Very soon within months... some really good pictures of Planet X are going to emerge. This will changes the opinions of many. Once planet X hits the News in mid 2011 there is going to be huge public unrest, but the powers that be in most countries have prepared for this. The best we can do is stay calm, running around with our heads up out asses won't solve jack.

I am in no way trying to convince anyone Planet X is real, when the pictures are released in the upcoming months "Remember what I said" then choose to believe me or not.

new topics

top topics

join