It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Gunshots Fired In Immediate Aftermath Of Polish Plane Crash

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Do you speak Russian? I asked for confirmation, are you able to speak Russian and confirm it's not what is being said? I doubt you are able too since you didn't say what was said if that was not it...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
i can speak Russian and the only things said at that point are:

WOOOOwoooooooooooooo Woooowoooooooooo

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Chemical Oxygen Generators exploding?

Happens during plane crashes.

[edit on 15/4/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Well you never said you spoke Russian so...

But anyway I just saw this comment as well, I'll need confirmation from someone from Poland that this is true...

0PinkGlasses0 forgot to mention: This exact footage has been shown on the polish news all the time on several channels I'm pretty sure if the gunshots were there and if they are gunshots they woul have adressed that. The audio has been removed, allright but that's probably due to what that man is saying I imagine there's a fair chance he's cursing, I can't tell for sure though, I'm polish but my russian is really bad

What I find interesting in this comment is that he is saying the audio was removed from the video on TV - therefore no one can hear the gunshots. Why remove the audio if the man is not cursing (since yzzyUK claims he speaks Russian and he doesn't hear anything at all)? Also, I really don't know how you think he is only saying "Wooooooo" or whatever, he clearly speaks multiple words at the end of the video, I believe your translation may be wrong considering that most people when reacting to gunshots or something traumatic sound the same, obviously they may speak another language but their breathing/reaction sounds like "Woha" are something you'd hear that's basically the same. Correct me if I'm wrong though...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
i can speak Russian and the only things said at that point are:

WOOOOwoooooooooooooo Woooowoooooooooo

Then listen to the whole thing again...perhaps put headphones on or turn your volume up. Even I with weak desktop speakers and low volume can hear people in the distance talking, but can't speak Russian or Polish. I don't think they meant at the exact time the train horns were going off.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Sorry I thought you were referring to 48 - 55 seconds... we may have crossed lines heer.

And yes a couple of peopel say 'kurwa' which is to my ears very rude... oh and I am a she

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Sorry I thought you were referring to 48 - 55 seconds... we may have crossed lines heer.

And yes a couple of peopel say 'kurwa' which is to my ears very rude... oh and I am a she

The guy I quoted replied and reposted the correct times for his translation although I still can't confirm if that's what they're saying. And sorry, I have no way to tell who is a man or women, I even checked your profile.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
As a long time hunter and someone who as experience with the sound of cooked rounds, I can confirm that these are actual gun shots.

When a bullet is fired from a gun it has a very distinctive sound created by the sound through the barrel. Its a loud "crack" with a certain echo that is easy to hear. A cooked round has a much different sound, since the bullet does not reach the speed of sound. Its a much more muffled sound like fire crackers.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by krunchy
As a long time hunter and someone who as experience with the sound of cooked rounds, I can confirm that these are actual gun shots.

When a bullet is fired from a gun it has a very distinctive sound created by the sound through the barrel. Its a loud "crack" with a certain echo that is easy to hear. A cooked round has a much different sound, since the bullet does not reach the speed of sound. Its a much more muffled sound like fire crackers.

Exactly. I could tell just by the sound myself from experience shooting outdoors that it was definitely a gunshot. Thanks for adding your info on the cooked rounds theory, because I haven't been around that before, but I have been around fires and the sounds explosions as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

I can see how you could mistaken the sounds of gunshots and the oxygen tanks, but listen to the video you posted and the one in the OP - there is a definite difference in the sounds. The video you posted the explosions sound like very light gunshot sounds compared to the ones in my OP which are actual gunshot rounds going off.

Edit: Wanted to add, I just saw someone comment on the youtube video, and they made a good point...

If you watch the footage all the way through you will notice there is basically NO FOG at all... just smoke! I thought the crash was related to the FOG?! And this footage was taken, obviously, directly after the crash... explanations are going to be needed here.

[edit on 15/4/2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Also, I work with 2 Russians so I will ask for their translation as soon as they get in the office.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by krunchy

I was going to say, gunshots and cooked rounds won't sound the same. I don't know about warning shots- whoever said they would be fired into the air; I certainly hope you're wrong. That exceptionally dangerous - what goes up must come down. I would hope the authorities would know that.

Also, I don't think flare guns sound anything like actual gunshots.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by ShadowArcher]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I dont hear the word "kurva" at anytime on the tape.. Kurva is a common word in Russian, Rumanian etc.. it means whore, prostitute, or f*ck, but i still dont hear it??

If it was ammo cooking off why only one shot at a time, as a clip would probably go all at the same time or with only seconds apart.

A sinlge shot "coup de grace" would be notice on the bodies, even burnt ones.
Maybe they where shooting at wild animals trying to get to the bodies...the woods there are full of wild boar and wolves and foxes.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowArcher
reply to post by krunchy

I was going to say, gunshots and cooked rounds won't sound the same. I don't know about warning shots- whoever said they would be fired into the air; I certainly hope you're wrong. That exceptionally dangerous - what goes up must come down. I would hope the authorities would know that.

Also, I don't think flare guns sound anything like actual gunshots.

No flare guns do not sound anything like a gunshot, they make more of a 'pop' sound compared to a gunshot. And warning shots were not something I thought of, but I did comment saying that if there were warning shots, they'd be shot into the air. And actually, it's not dangerous to shoot bullets into the air at least it's not an issue about them coming back down from the sky and killing someone, just google it.

Originally posted by andy1972
I dont hear the word "kurva" at anytime on the tape.. Kurva is a common word in Russian, Rumanian etc.. it means whore, prostitute, or f*ck, but i still dont hear it??

If it was ammo cooking off why only one shot at a time, as a clip would probably go all at the same time or with only seconds apart.

A sinlge shot "coup de grace" would be notice on the bodies, even burnt ones.
Maybe they where shooting at wild animals trying to get to the bodies...the woods there are full of wild boar and wolves and foxes.

I think we need a new translator, the one in this thread I don't believe speaks any Russian, and if so, is not good at it. Not to mention there are words spoken at the end of the video that are clearly Russian - we need an accurate translation, anyone?

[edit on 15/4/2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The train... the train noise ..

I hope someone can translate for you... I clearly can't speak English either! lol

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The train... the train noise ..

I hope someone can translate for you... I clearly can't speak English either! lol

Well why did you say you can speak Russian, and say that what I posted was definitely not what was being said, when obviously you cannot confirm or deny anything at all?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Ok, I googled it. Other than my 'what goes up must come down' being berated in the first, I was right:

How stuff works

SciGuy Blog

Wikipedia

iansa

There you are. It disturbs me a little that someone who is supposedly so familiar with guns doesn't realise that bullets kill people. Air resistance does not change this. The likelihood of death is lowered a little, that's all.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
animals?

are you serious?

ive scared away mountain lions and brown bears from just walking through bush's too loud, im pretty sure an airplane crashing into the ground would scare away any animal within a few miles.

also animals arent attracted to fire, smoke, or debris. or poeple with cameras and guns for that matter.i cannot imagine a scenario where there would be wild animals of any kind approaching the scene for at least a few days, not right after it happened.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
most interesting!

their is deffinitelly a few bangs, they sure sounds like guns, but their Is fire, and guarenteed their are some pressurized containers on the plane that would pop in a fire! has anyone ever put a can of beans or deoderant in a fire..

could it maybe be bullets firing off as they are close to or in a fire?

(just being objective, im open to anything, but we cant see the bangs, we can just hear a sound and sounds can be deceptive as many things can sound like other things when we have no concept of where the sound came from)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

hi - i can explain the ` railway caps ` - they are tied to the track about 1 km rom the scene of major works - and several more are placed nearer

thier purpose is 2 fold

1 - to alert the driver that he is approaching track works - yes he should have read the days bulletin and should have seen the signal - but the caps are the ` last warning `

2 - they are t alert the rail track workers - the cloasest caps to them have 2 or 3 set just a meter or so apart - and if they hear the sudden report of the last line of caps going off - its thier cue to drop everything and vacate the track

hope that helps - as i have not been able to watch the vid on this connection - so i cannot comment on what the sounds may have been

but hopefully that explains how / why rail warning caps are used and when

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join