It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Says Walnuts Are Drugs and Doritos Are Heart Healthy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
So, if it's a drug now, then are they going to remove them from the store shelves? Only sell them to folks age 21+? Maybe I should stock up....I don't want to be out hustling the streets trying to score a dime bag of walnuts!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

lmao! I'm sorry for the shortform but that truly did have me laughing. On a related note I say the solution is quite clear. We all stop listening and over-grow the government. I have recently started taking gardening seriously and though I have limited space I have managed to suplement my food intake with a garden of vegetables. It saves me about $200 over a summer and I get fresh non-gmo vegetables without all the irradiated pesticides.

If a government, through ts laws or actions, prevents a person from enjoying a freedom that infringes upon no other, than the most honourable course to be taken is one of non-compliance.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD
reply to post by Northwarden

So it doesn't matter what they put in the foods just so long as they don't make medicinal claims about it. So feel free to market poison as a by-product in our food just don't suggest it's good for anyone and the FDA will spend its time splitting hairs with admittedly healthy products - just not "as" healthy as they claim. got it!

I think you nailed it! i'll add that the court case that would find the various leaders guilty for their crimes against humanity under just law would see so, so many of them imprisoned for life, even though they perhaps deserve death by other nations laws. But "they are" the law, so we have to let their corporations clutch us by the throat if we speak out.

Geneva is the UN, supposed high upholder of human rights in the world we live in. Then you come across a headline like the next one, not something you see everyday outside a sci-fi magazine. Who cares if it's only millions?

"Just what is this mysterious Codex you speak of?" ask the people.

Billions of People Expected to Die under Current Codex Alimentus Guidelines

Your right to eat healthy food and use supplements of your choice is rapidly vanishing, but every effort has been made to keep you in the dark about the coming nutricide. Codex Alimentarius is scheduled for full global implementation on December 31, 2009, and not a word has been spoken in main stream media about this threat to humanity. Yet, according to the projections of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), a minimum of 3 billion people will die from the Codex mandated vitamin and mineral guideline alone. As the clock ticks toward this irrevocable deadline, the Natural Solutions Foundation (NSF) and its medical director, Dr. Rima Laibow, are feverishly working to change Codex guidelines. They need your help.

Former Nazi is father of contemporary Codex

www.infowars.com...

Here's the official Codex site.
www.codexalimentarius.net...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
There's hope and an action plan in there. We who care should sign the Citizens Petitions to legally defend a WHO country against the Codex.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowArcher

dont you mean brazil nut's?

they we banned form being sold in the uk, with shells on for a while

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well, I'm gonna' run out and buy some walnuts and Doritos, roll up the walnuts and smoke 'em and have the Doritos as munchies.

[edit on 4/15/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden
There's hope and an action plan in there. We who care should sign the Citizens Petitions to legally defend a WHO country against the Codex.

As a citizen, you have "privileges" in place of "rights".

Since having agreed to accept privileges in place of your rights, it goes without saying that, as such, you have very limited power to change anything nevermind something of this magnitude.

Put it this way: as a citizen you are nothing more than a tax paying peon who is otherwise completely worthless to the corporation who owns you.

Signing petitions won't do anything.

TELLING PEOPLE what is going on will, however. I have spoken to a number of my friends and family regarding this issue and have been met with eveything from outright denial to mild interest.

Codex is real and it is happening all over the world right now. Different countries have different laws in various stages regarding this systematic assault on our health.

Vitamins being declared "drugs" in Europe so you have to get a doctors prescription to get a bottle of Vitamin C... it has gotten completely out of control.

Lookup the "Trilateral Cooperation Charter" - another "clandestine agreement" between Canada/US/Mexico.
This all flows backasswards to the UN anyway so all these policies floating around designed to kill us always end up back there,
but interesting the amount of LATIN used in these policies hmmm? [food for thought]

Sorry. I'm not ripping on your post but this situation goes way way past what any petition could possibly achieve.

This isn't high school anymore. It's WAR. And like the saying goes "KNOWLEDGE IS POWER"

So get out there and talk to your friends and family about these issues.
Some of them will think you're crazy.
Some of them will be too busy withtheir lives to give it any thought.
Some of them might actually get angry because they will see you as a threat.

But.... if even one person takes the time to ponder on what you have to say both with their heart and mind, and takes the time to do a little investigation on their own on these matters - THEN you have effected change. REAL change.

Change happens with BELIEF, not a signature on a piece of paper.

peace

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have lived all over the country, and I have noticed a few things while grocery shopping.

Just this last year alone, I lived way up north in the US, close to Kenosha, Wisconsin. Now mind you, this was in the middle of winter, and surprisingly the grocery store where I shopped had at least a quarter of the store devoted to fresh produce. Amazingly, I could get everything from fresh avacados to zucchini, resonably priced - well, at not as shocking as I expected in the middle of winter.

A move back down to the southern states shocked me. Perhaps 1/10th of the stores down here have decent produce. I also like to keep on hand a wide variety of frozen vegetables, and always make them the bulk of most meals with meat, and grains the sides. Sadly, I walk down the aisles where there are hundreds of pizza choices, but can't find a freakin bag of vegetables for soup, or a decent bag of chopped broccoli.

I also eat a lot of nuts, throwing down of handful of walnuts in the morning with fruit, and a handful of almonds for a snack. I was raised to do this, and so were my children. We have always known the benefits of these foods for lowering cholestoral, and the other nutritional values for energy, and such.

This is a conspiracy, whereby if people don't ask, they won't get. I'd love to know why produce is so readily available up north, when the people who live in the south can't get everything from "soup to nuts," and they grow most of it.

I just purchased a lb. of walnuts, that were almost $8.00 for the package. Now that would buy a few bags of dorito's, wouldn't it?

People need to be further educated on what is healthy for them...versus what thier dollars can buy.

Thank you for your topic, because sadly, people do not take the time to realize what their body needs to keep on going, versus what is on the shelves at the grocery store.

Sadly, I can see a great divide between the north and the south in this aspect. They raise and grow a lot of the food this country eats, but the good stuff is shipped to the north, where people really appreciate it's value.

There are differences in this country, just come on down south, where people "fry it on up," and have the rear ends to prove it.

The standards are not the same, and until people are trained to think healthy, and learn to appreciate the taste of something over a Dorito or Twinky, they will be suckered into thinking a handful of Dorito's is healthier than a handful of walnuts.

I went to a street fair in Picayune, Mississippi last weekend, and the vendors were selling deep fried Twinkies and Oreos...........and there were loooooooong lines for them! Oh yeah, there was a vendor selling corn on the cob, those were $4.00 a pop! The healthiest thing around!

Sad. Very sad.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This isn't a change of the "walnut" and it isn't new or uncommon. I don't like the FDA that much either, but they have done similar things with Cheerios (who eventually won) and others.

The issue is with marketing a health benefit from your food. Seems ironic, since you could take a walnut, and turn it into a "supplement" and bypass the FDA by selling it as a Holistic medicine?

Anyhow, the laws are extremely flawed, but then again, we need someone verifying these claims, because if no one is fact-checking, then pretty soon you have Coca-Cola claiming to be a "Healthy Alternative" to Pepsi, because of 2 fewer calories, or some other off-the-wall claim.

I do see a slowly forming agenda against Organic foods though! It will probably take years, but eventually Organic foods will be looked at like Chiropracty or Accu-puncture. At the same time, they are stripping the foods of their nutrients and GMOing the seeds, and killing off the bees, so in the end, it probably won't matter, we will get their food one way or another!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Considering the "other" things that are accidentally put into Diamond walnuts, I would never eat them anyway. I worked for Diamond and I've seen things and been told to ignore things that make me gag.

The entire facility in Stockton, CA is dirty and they have a rat problem. They employ mostly Mexican and Indian workers and work them 7 days a week for minimum wadge. They clean the floors with air hoses that shoot everything that is on the floor into the different machines that crack, sort or pack the products. I've seen workers accidentally dump floor sweepings into product bins to be packed. When I would tell the foremen about it, I was told to not worry about it and basically made to feel that I should pretend it never happened. But it happens often. I've seen product bins get tipped over on the floor, shoveled back in the bins then packed and shipped.

Then there is the basic hygiene problem with workers. I've seen people go to the restroom and straight back on the sorting line without washing their hands. Fingers in noses then put onto product. Well just a lot of "yuck."

The bins that they store products in are never washed clean unless the bin is to be used for a different type of product. Considering the number of bins that are storing walnuts in the warehouse, it isn't too far fetched to believe there are bins with walnut residue that is years old. The oil from the nuts gets on everything and the only time anything is ever really cleaned is when it is being inspected which isn't that often.

There is one main conveyor belt that feeds into the three main sorting lines. When I first started working there, I noticed that there was a big clump of what looked like dryer lint dragging over the walnuts that passed by. It was never cleaned off and when I asked if I could clean it (even though it wasn't my job) I was told not to worry about it. It was never cleaned.

When you get hired you are made to believe that cleanliness is paramount but after working there for a while you learn that productivity is more important than absolutely anything. I ended up quitting because of it.

Sorry to be off topic but I felt the need to vent.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by janon

It'a lovely that you are telling all of us on ATS about this, but who else have you told?

So, is it better to eat walnuts with lint on them, or a bag full of chemicals that are called healthy that are not natural?

You should report this to some place where it would matter, not a conspiracty website. Heck, even use your name! Whistle blower laws are to protect you, or are you a disgruntled ex-employee?

If I eat a Diamond walnut and there is something wrong with it, I hold you as responsible as the company......because you are telling us, but, what else have you done?

Telling us, and actually taking actions for the conditions you witnessed does not make a walnut bad in itself!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

It's obvious now, that we have gone completely off the cliff of any and all rational thought and logic, and "those" making determinations such as this are simply NOT HUMAN.
Call me crazy but they cant be, human, not even a little bit.

Main Entry: 1drug
Pronunciation: \ˈdrəg\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English drogge
Date: 14th century
1 a obsolete : a substance used in dyeing or chemical operations b : a substance used as a medication or in the preparation of medication c according to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (1) : a substance recognized in an official pharmacopoeia or formulary (2) : a substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease (3) : a substance other than food intended to affect the structure or function of the body (4) : a substance intended for use as a component of a medicine but not a device or a component, part, or accessory of a device
2 : a commodity that is not salable or for which there is no demand —used in the phrase drug on the market
3 : something and often an illegal substance that causes addiction, habituation, or a marked change in consciousness

Main Entry: food
Pronunciation: \ˈfüd\
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: Middle English fode, from Old English fōda; akin to Old High German fuotar food, fodder, Latin panis bread, pascere to feed
Date: before 12th century
1 a : material consisting essentially of protein, carbohydrate, and fat used in the body of an organism to sustain growth, repair, and vital processes and to furnish energy; also : such food together with supplementary substances (as minerals, vitamins, and condiments) b : inorganic substances absorbed by plants in gaseous form or in water solution
2 : nutriment in solid form
3 : something that nourishes, sustains, or supplies

I believe it's time to begin removing anyone and anything thing that is a threat to and has contributed to or will continue to contribute to the destruction and elimination and sickening of humans.
Period.

Main Entry: 1purge
Pronunciation: \ˈpərj\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): purged; purg·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French purger, from Latin purigare, purgare to purify, purge, from purus pure + -igare (akin to agere to drive, do) — more at act
Date: 14th century
transitive verb
1 a : to clear of guilt b : to free from moral or ceremonial defilement
2 a : to cause evacuation from (as the bowels) b (1) : to make free of something unwanted (2) : to free (as a boiler) of sediment or relieve (as a steam pipe) of trapped air by bleeding c (1) : to rid (as a nation or party) by a purge (2) : to get rid of

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by janon

It's not off topic is it? It's Diamond Walnuts, and what you just shared, although its a little gross, is typical, everywhere.
In the future when I reach into that bag of walnuts for a handful, I will have the vision of a glaze of booger and lint, that's for sure,
but by the third handful I'll be well over it.
"shiver shutter" eewww.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
i don't think the FDA are saying "walnuts are drugs", i think they're saying that they are being promoted as a drug. if diamond are making more of the supposed health benefits of walnuts than they are of the taste, then i agree, they are marketing walnuts as a medicine.

Advertising on known science, is done by many companies, for they do know what is good, and not, and if its truthful is information we need.

How soon before you will not be allowed to list what foods and nutrients are good for you and which arent attempting to LOOSE this body of public knowledge?

This is censorhip and promotion of disease, injury, death and pharma (socery) pheuticals!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

It's interesting that you think I hadn't reported it.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I just want to point out that If you eat healthy then you lower your chances of heart attacks, cancer, and depression.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
If the FDA are saying that walnuts should be classified as drugs because they're being promoted for their health benefits, then all fresh fruit and vegetables should get the same classification.

This is nuts (literally!). to quote Jake Green *Nuts*.

We should be fighting back against this kind of nanny state lunacy. when the FDA allows Aspartamine that's been shown worldwide to be a leading cause of cancers, and allows High Fructose Corn Syrup in pretty much every single processed food in the store, and subsidizes farmers for growing corn and soy for food additive and fuel uses instead of growning fresh fruit and vegetables, they have become non effective.

The FDA has been bought lock,stock and barrel by the large food companies, and has no responsibility left to protect the consumer.

Unfortunately, due to the lathargy of the sheeple in North America, it's highly unlikely that any sort of protest of the size needed for true changes to take place (ie a revolution) will ever take place.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by js331975
reply to post by Jenna

I just want to point out that If you eat healthy then you lower your chances of heart attacks, cancer, and depression.

Be careful with that. that very nearly sounded like medical advice and you don't want to get slapped with a nasty-gram from the FDA. Are you qualified to make such an assertion?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Ya know, it's the plain truth, on both your parts. What is healthy eating? When my father grew up, it meant eating everything coated it butter, and lots of things like cake, because you were rich enough to afford such foods.

Heck, with the way the econonmy is growing, walnuts might become as precious as gold.

I think this person was speaking on a common sense basis, not touting what they meant as medical advice.

If anybody questions what a healthy diet is, then they should research it. Not going by anything the FDA says, because if we all ate what they recomend for grains alone, we'd all way a couple of balloons.

Do your homework, people!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join