It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor/Fireball - Howard County Sheriff

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Had this been a real impact there would have been a crater in the ground. No crater and no outward blast of the soil in the crater formation which would likely be deadly.

And you are certainly correct it would have been a race away from there for the hikers had this been a real impact.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Here's a couple of good clips (within a single video) of the fireball
Wednesday night as it appeared from Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
www.cnn.com...

With an escalation of Earthquakes and now Volcanoes and a
Fireball, could these be signs that 2012 just might be a
catastrophic year?

-cwm

[edit on 15-4-2010 by carewemust]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Here's one of my favorite impactor sequences, courtesy of the BBC...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d59a3841582.gif[/atsimg]

That's from the BBC Horizon special End Day, a 2004 docudrama concerning 5 possible ends of the world.

As luck would have it, I had never seen nor heard of this film until I groggily awoke at around 3:00 AM once and caught the mock-news reports that Berlin and surrounding environs had been flattened by meteor strike — estimated 10 million dead.

I was in stunned shock for a few moments. Then it finally dawned on me that this was a BBC special (and a fantastic piece of work it is). I composed the GIF and added the little BBC test pattern at the end.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

With an escalation of Earthquakes and now Volcanoes and a Fireball, could these be signs that 2012 just might be a catastrophic year?

There has been no escalation of earthquakes. On an average year there are over 1.3 million earthquakes a year. There are just under 2000 large quakes a year - on average. Volcanoes happen all of the time. Indonesia alone has 12 active volcanoes on average each year. Fireballs are not rare. So nothing unusual is happening.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tanga6005

Green on the bottom.
Perhaps red on top:

Yeah this sort of thing has been denied before.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It was amazing I admit !!

But the guy posting that he reads this site to keep up with Special Ops activity ,has to be the funniest thing I have read in a loooong time

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFwife
It was amazing I admit !!

But the guy posting that he reads this site to keep up with Special Ops activity ,has to be the funniest thing I have read in a loooong time

Do agents post the ufo video or do random people.
Agents would be assigned exact locations and times for the 'events'.
Thus when random youtube posting grow lean there is denial work to do.
Going to youtube and seeing the agents work is a gem.
Berating some poor kids video of a ufo.
Until finally the video is taken down.
Gee must have been a important video or just some dumb workout.
The unknown craft has been around long enough to know its a secret.
But who's secret.
Follow the thought and we all might find out.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tanga6005

So, was the park closed or not?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Don't think so. I was a Geology major at Memphis State University and never once studied anything that lead me or anyone in my classes to believe that there are that many large earthquakes yearly. That's hogwash.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Thanks for the response. I looked up earthquakes stats at the USGS.
USGS earthquake stats

Here is what I said:

There has been no escalation of earthquakes. On an average year there are over 1.3 million earthquakes a year. There are just under 2000 large quakes a year - on average. Volcanoes happen all of the time. Indonesia alone has 12 active volcanoes on average each year. Fireballs are not rare. So nothing unusual is happening.

And the USGS says 1.3 million magnitude 2-3 quakes each year. Looks like I got that part right.

Skipping over the 143,000 3-5 earthquakes we get 5-whatever is 1500 a year. You are right. It is not just under, it is well under 2000, but way over 1000 a year.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by stereologist]

[edit on 16-4-2010 by stereologist]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
@stereologist

Actually, I have been charting the earthquakes over the past year or so and there have been some strange patterns emerging recently. Particularly since Feb 27th this year. April 5th had an enormous amount of daily earthquakes over 750 in one day as measured by USGS. Admittedly most were small but there are also some days when the percentage of large earthquakes is far more than normal.
If you cannot see the image below, this is the link to it) www.pelicanbill.com...

There have been 1800 earthquakes over 4.9M as reported by usgs between 18th april 2009 - at least in their 7-day text file that they release to the public which is where I get the data from.

Anyway, getting back to the meteor, at least two news stories say that the fireball/meteor came from a different direction than the predicted meteorite shower came from..

[edit on 17-4-2010 by qmantoo]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
That's interesting that you are plotting the numbers. If you look at your plot it shows what appears to be noise over the course of the time frame.

An important thing to remember about earthquakes is that the number of quakes is not as important as the energy of t he quakes. According to the USGS there are 1.3 million quakes on average in the 2-3 range. I bet that the released energy from all of those quakes does not come close to the largest quake of the year. So simple numbers of quakes does not tell the story. It was once thought that smaller quakes could release the built up energy and prevent larger quakes. That's can't be true if the sum of the energies of smaller quakes does not add up to the energy of a larger quake.

I would suggest that to state that something interesting happened, you'd need to look at data across a longer time frame, maybe 10 to 50 years of data. You also need to make sure that what you are researching is an important indicator.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join