It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Try to Quit Nicotine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a woman i work with,also stoped smoking,and she is a great woman! she thought me everything i know at work. she was always kind to me,exept that one time when she wanted to brake my fingers but thats another story XD
the guys who smoke on the other hand,usualy dont have money,and borrow ciggaretes from one another like poor smooches...pathetic...thats like FAIL.
so dont worry about weight,bro your body will adjust to normal
WIN!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Wait, Wait, .... whats all this about cigaretes being dangerous !!!

Who has done more research than the good people at the American Tobacco Association. They say it's harmless, why would they lie ???

If your dead, you can't smoke !

- Roy Munson

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Hi all!

Just wanted to give a little update;

It has been a while now and I am still clean as a whistle (at least when it comes to nicotine, ehe!).

Hung out with a chain-smoking friend the other day; took a walk, went to a couple of bars, sat at my place...he smoked...I didn't!

I even managed to sit through a whole movie (at the cinema) and endure a 2x 2.5hrs bus ride without snus!
That even impressed me, myself! Usually I get all crazy-legs when I need to sit still for prolonged periods of time without "sedative".

This might be the beginning of something big here folks!

(However, the better I am at staying clean, the lousier and more boring this thread gets! I guess you win some and you lose some...)

Peace, and all the best!
/Raud

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
All right you all convinced me that it can be done! This morning I smoked a couple cigs so I say today does not count. Tomorrow will be "The Day" I will keep you posted on how it is going.....

I know it will not be easy since I am a heavy smoker 1 to 2 packs a day......

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by St-Patrick
All right you all convinced me that it can be done! This morning I smoked a couple cigs so I say today does not count. Tomorrow will be "The Day" I will keep you posted on how it is going.....

One of the most useful tactics when a craving hits is to take 3 or four slow , deep breaths . Breath in slowly filling your lungs , hold a few seconds and then slowwlly release , relaxing your muscles as you do. Most smokers only take deep breaths while inhaling smoke , so this helps .

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

I support you!

Feel free to post in this thread (or start your own)!

You can make it! You deserve to make it!
This is the beginning of a....ehm...new beginning!

Say no to the evils of this world! Be strong and independent!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
All right guys! This is it! I am going to bed smoking my last cig right now as I write these lines......

Please help me !!! :bnghd:

[edit on 29-4-2010 by St-Patrick]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

You are on the right track!

Accept the challenge!

Show the world that you are a HUMAN, not a FISH!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2

Originally posted by St-Patrick

One of the most useful tactics when a craving hits is to take 3 or four slow , deep breaths . Breath in slowly filling your lungs , hold a few seconds and then slowwlly release , relaxing your muscles as you do. Most smokers only take deep breaths while inhaling smoke , so this helps .

Excellent tip , but it can be taking one step further, learn meditation(it takes approx 20 minutes to learn, learn the breathing meditation technique.
Basically concentrate on your breath as it enters your nose and feel it turn around in your chest/lungs and feel it as it is exhaled through your mouth.
Just concentrate on your breath if your mind wanders with thoughts about anything else other than your breathing just bring your mind back to your breath.
This is a crude description ,there is an excellent free Buddhist Mp3 site ....just google the forementioned and you will find it , from that site you can download for free "the mindfulness of breating meditation technique" it will blow you away and help you focus your mind on your goal to quit smoking by developing your focussing.
Dont ever look back mate, Iam areformed smoker who gave up eight years ago.
Iam approx twenty grand better off ...OK Iam now fifty stone and need a crane to take the roof off when I leave home to visit the obesity clinic.
But on the whole it was worth it

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
We're checking iiiin!!!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Yo!

Just wanted to keep this thread updated.

The weekend was pretty harsh.
Hung out with my original best buddies...all three of them are on snus and two of them are smokers... The preassure was enormous!

I managed to stay off it though. Much thanks to not drinking alcohol (which in turn is because of my hernia)...

Today is a slow day at work...ain't nothing happening...I would sooo like to have some nicotine...just to kick back for real...

...but we all know that's not gonna happen!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Been cigarette free since March 18th. Yeah for me! Kudos to all my fellow non-smokers who are hanging in there. You can do it!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Keeping thread updated...

It's been quite some time now since I stopped with the nic'.
Still wondering when the morning urge will go away!!!

My girlfriend told me something motivational once that I'd like to share;

When you say that it would be a perfect opportunity for a smoke (or snus), like when having a beer in the summer sunset, or a snus as you sit and watch a movie...isn't it kinda unnessecary?
I mean, if the situation is so good anyhow, why the need to "perfect" or "enhance" it? Why can't it just be the situation itself that feels good?
The risk is that you take away the magic of the moment when all you think of is "man, a smoke right now would really be the cherry on top". Maybe it's the sundae itself that is the wonder...the cherry is just superficial (and it's really not that tasty anyhow).

Keep it up!
Non-smokers are the coolest people on earth!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
[wrong thread]

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Raud]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Bumpin'

Soo...has it been three weeks now?

I think the immideate urge has let go off me.
But I am aware that it comes and goes...

It feels like it would be more of a loss than a relief if I had some nicotine now.
I really think I'm gonna make it this time!
Yay for me!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Eeeeeh...

Up until yesterday evening I stayed clean.
Then I had a smoke.
And one more.
Then, a thrid one. I don't think there was a fourth, but I'm not sure (yeah, there was some drinking involved).

The first one was real nice.
Perfect evening in the setting sun. Warm and damp atmosphere. A cold summer lager. A great friend who I haven't seen for far to long.
He had a pack of smokes.
I took one...

The second one didn't taste as good.
By the thrid, I was wondering why the hell I started smoking in the first place.

I don't think I'll smoke again, at least not for a long time.
Let's face it; it's totally overrated.
Besides, my hernia started acting up. I thought my throat was on fire there for a while.
Mouth went dry and the taste is really like if I had inhaled dust.
Yuk!

And the general smell that got into the skin of my hands! It just doesn't wash off! And to think I used to walk around like this, for years??!!
Just what the hell was I thinking???

At least I now know that I am on the right track.
I'm done smoking that crap!

For all of you are in battle with the nico-demons; don't give in!
Smoking sucks!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Holy MACK!
I thought I quit nicotine in April this year but dang it; it was April last year!

I must admit I do have a smoke every now and then. Maybe once every two months? Sometimes the urge is severe and that usually happens during tight stress, something I always try to avoid.

Yet, every time I do "treat" myself to a cig, I tend to think: "man, this stuff really tastes like hell!"
I wonder why I still do it, then...
Seems probable that the addiction will never leave me alone. But at least I can handle it. When I read my OP I can't even remember that it used to be so hard to stay without. When I talk to people about when I quit snus, or "dip" or whatever, I always say I quit straight off and that it was no problem at all

I think I'll keep doing that. It makes me sound like a hard-ass guy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join