It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chicken or egg, which came first (I KNOW)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I’ve always wondered about that question: (chicken or egg, which came first)

I think I just figured it out! And I AM the first: The chicken was first!

The reason I present as so to you is as this: the chicken is the factory it can reproduce the egg many times over again, and like a factory it has the necessary tools to care for the egg, till it’s time to hatch. If you say the egg comes, first fine! But if the egg comes first then what can keep the egg safe and warm so the chick inside can grow and finally hatch? Nothing!

Although some of you may argue that the egg will hatch a chicken which is able to reproduce the egg, it still goes back to what I said the egg would’ve never been able to hatch in a world without first being nurtured/protected.

Which strange enough while writing/typing this makes me think of God and the Big Bang theory.
Guess what I AM thinking!!

**which by the way all man did was replace God with a pea sized thangy magigey that just exploded and created everything we know. Same story just replace the source.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Valid point, but how about this

What if the egg was ready to hatch the second it was created.....

Lol time to go back to that drawing board

[edit on 15-4-2010 by bluedrake]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
wikipedia

The modern chicken was believed to have descended from another closely related species of birds, the red junglefowl, but recently discovered genetic evidence suggests that the modern domestic chicken is a hybrid descendant of both the red junglefowl and the grey junglefowl.

Assuming the evidence bears out, a hybrid is a compelling scenario that the chicken egg came before the chicken.

[edit on 15/4/2010 by Daniem]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

a paradox indeed! to the OP, nice thought though! Quite honestly, i've never really pondered that question and it is the first i've heard that theory lol. Not a bad attempt though. But not exactly correct either...S&F!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

To many shortcuts, because that means there was a chick inside the egg fully grow ready to hatch!

So what was the egg shell for? When the question is presented it is assumed and agreed on that the egg is the begging of the stages of growth of a soupy mess of life not yet completed inside the egg!

But nice it did make me think.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigami

You was building my ego/hopes up and you shot it down all in the same post!
Thanks anyhow

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The Egg came first. Birds are descendant from dinosaurs (which also laid eggs)... ergo the Egg came before the Chook.

IRM

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daniem
wikipedia

The modern chicken was believed to have descended from another closely related species of birds, the red junglefowl, but recently discovered genetic evidence suggests that the modern domestic chicken is a hybrid descendant of both the red junglefowl and the grey junglefowl.

Assuming the evidence bears out, a hybrid is a compelling scenario that the chicken egg came before the chicken.

[edit on 15/4/2010 by Daniem]

That's all fine and well - but the problem is the definition. If two "jungle fowles" did the dirty deed and a fertilised egg is laid, isn't that egg a jungle fowl egg? The "bird" that came from the egg was a "mutation" i.e. a chicken - and if it laid an egg it would be a chicken egg... Thus the chicken came before the chicken egg...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

haha your welcome. Peace and Respect and keep on thinking!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

All thought you present a species “chicken “and its origin. It’s not meant like that!

IF a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it does it make a sound? That type of question.

Plus do you “KNOW” this information or truth or was you feed this information?

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Sippy Cup]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I can see this is going to be a VERY long thread lol

BTW an egg is and egg regardless of what is inside
No-one said there cant be a fully grown chick in the egg...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
The Egg came first. Birds are descendant from dinosaurs (which also laid eggs)... ergo the Egg came before the Chook.

IRM

i wish I could witness this, A dinosaur layd an chicken egg ?

Is that why the dinos died out ? They started to lay chicken eggs instead of Dino eggs?

Like the Crockodors came from Dino eggs etc...
All dinos made kinder eggs with surprises in it : Oh look, a chicken and a crock..

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Alright then, which came first? The chicken or the guy that suffered from premature ejaculation?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluedrake

BTW an egg is and egg regardless of what is inside
No-one said there cant be a fully grown chick in the egg...

The definition of "egg" in the question is very important. If it's just "egg' in general then the answer is simple. But if the question is "chicken egg" it makes the answer a bit more complex.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Similar "Q" Did Adam have an naval

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I can't believe we are discussing this.

However, since it was brought up, and I'm bored I will add my $3.75 worth to the discussion. I think your question is a charade. Did you stop to think YOU came from an egg? So do most living things. There are eggs released most every month by most female humans. There are also species that release multiple eggs each month.

Of course, these are all internal. The standard accepted theory is that through evolution, certain animals that had internal eggs mutated or progressed..however you want to look at it, into laying external eggs.

The chicken and egg question has basically a dilemma that has been debated since ancient times. It is generally considered a parable for a lot of other things. Basically what happened was a mutation that became mutations in multiple animals over time creating a new species.

This can be extrapolated out further, and farther back, but I'm not even gonna go there.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Yeah thought of that too, but I would've calle it a belly button
come on man I just broke one give me some time!

**a little note, the more and more you think about the question the more you begin to find different branches.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
After consulting many women on the subject, the general consensus would be that the rooster probably came first.

(just barely PG-13 on that one)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
Similar "Q" Did Adam have an naval

Naval what? Noah had a navy, but it was just one boat and he was known to exaggerate...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The Consensus of What came first
The Chicken or the Egg.

Lets Dissect this for a bit:

What Came First?: As in what in time was present before the other in question form.

The Chicken: A Domesticated species of fowl That lays eggs.

or: an introduction of two possibilities

The Egg: The round or oval female reproductive body of various animals, including birds, reptiles, amphibians, fishes, and insects, consisting usually of an embryo surrounded by nutrient material and a protective covering. Internal or External forms

Gallus gallus domesticus or the common chicken pre-dates domestication 10,000 years ago. it is a hybrid species of bird (as noted in above post).

The Egg, has existed since the first forms of life as one method of reproducing.

So logic dictates that The Egg in the Question
What Came First? The Egg or the Chicken; did in fact come first.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by IchooseFreewill]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join