It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does this mean??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I don't know if you believe in God, or free will, destiny, or just coincidence or what...but I have been having some VERY UNUSUAL things happen to me in the past few weeks...

Well when I was young, I used to always notice how that if I desired something with a positive attitude...I'd almost always see it happen within the next few days.

IE I used to like this girl in 7th grade (but I was way to self conscious to talk to girls back then) but every time that I really wished I would get a chance to talk to her, I would always find myself walking next to her or sitting next to her in the coming days.

I used to always think about old re-runs of cartoons I had seen, and within a weeks time I would be flipping the channel and low and behold- the episode would come on. I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about...almost psychic like abilities but almost meaningless stuff. Well...

As of late, I had an epiphany of sorts and became an extremely happy person for a while...I was being nice to everyone, talking to anyone I passed at work or school, and just in general living a happy life for once. And here are some of the things that I noticed happening to things around me:

One day my Dad came home and he told me how he used to be great at composing music when he was younger and always wanted to be a musician. This coming literally days after I started producing my own tracks at home.

My Mom, not too far after this day, always told me how she wanted to be a writer but just never got around to it. This comes a few weeks after I start outlining a book that I planned on writing.

I never talk to my parents...I don't even know how they met, we have a very distant and uncaring relationship, so this struck me as odd as they would tell me these things and they would be spot on to what I was currently doing.

I was talking to a girl about 6 months ago when we got into a really bad fight and she has since that day, completely hated my guts.
Well after not talking to her for 6 months, I suddenly start to miss her, and wish that I could get a chance to talk to her again (I thought about her right before I fell asleep)
Well a few days later I get missed call from her on my phone, and so I text her to see what she wants.

She told me that she didn't call me, and that I called her 10 minutes earlier and I told her that I was drunk and loved her. Obviously thinking she was lying, I looked at my phone and thought maybe I had mistaken the missed call for an outgoing call and was so drunk that I forgot calling her....but nope I didn't even have an outgoing call to her. I even had a trusted friend confirm for me that she had received a call from my phone.

This one is another creepy story of a dream that I had. I woke up one day at exactly 11:11 am (late for class)...and I remember dreaming about getting a text from a famous dead musician (B.I.G. if your interested) and I remember the text saying something like:
"I thought your a** said you would never fall to the rap game"...or something like that and I remember the text saying 11:11 on it.

This is also a few weeks after I started composing rap songs along with my usual rock genre...and I was always heavily against listening to rap because I thought it was just repetitive and unimportant trash.

Well I fell back asleep for about 30 more minutes, and then I woke up and checked my phone which said I had 2 missed calls. One from my friend...and one from an unknown California area code at 11:11 am (the same time I woke up, and the same time I saw in my dream). I try to call the number back but it said that the number didn't exist. So I went online and find that it's in the same exact area code where the musician was shot and killed, almost 13 years ago.

And the collection of all these things started happening...It was like I suddenly was in control of my life. It was almost scary. And then I hit a roadblock when my grandma died...and I went into about a month long depression. And during that depression everything seemed to fall apart...No one called me anymore, I was sleeping all day, losing touch with reality, and just worried that something was wrong with me.

Well I finally lifted myself up today, got out of the depression slump, and just returned back to a normal neutral state I guess you could say. And then I started thinking...I wonder what my parents used to be like when they were my age, I have no idea what their past was like.

So instead of asking them (because that is just a no-no in our family) I figured I would ask one of their friends that come over to the house a bit about them. And low and behold she came by tonight...and directly came to my room to say hi (which she never does).

Now I'm being 100% honest about all of this...I haven't been on any drugs, and unless my whole life has been a hullicination, these things are as real as anything I have ever experienced. And right now I'm just looking for answers. I'm actually starting to believe in God, and just the word "belief" itself.

And if God is the thing that connects all of us, like you guys seem to think, it would make sense how this power can be harnessed into realizing your dreams. I'm just kind of freaked out by it...It seems like everytime I'm happy or excited, things just go my way (I have even gone out with models during these excited moments...I've won state titles in high school) and there are times when I'm depressed...and not even people on the internet like talking to me.

I'm just going to keep writing, keep making music, because it would be silly to ignore these "signs". I'm just seeing that if anyone else has EVER had an experience like these.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nostradumbass

You, sir, are becoming subconsciously correct. The subconscious is the key link to all memories, desires, and outcomes. It is the actor that acts out your conscious mind's true beliefs without being noticed. It also causes things to surface without conscious recognition. It acts without thought, a key reason to why hypnosis works so well at auto-suggestion.

Two books I believe you would enjoy

The Power of the Subconscious Mind - Dr. Joseph Lee Murphy

Psych-Cybernetics - Dr. Maltz

Anymore questions, feel free to ask, and best of luck to you.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It is kind of freaky but this stuff happens to some people. I've had those kind of things happen all my life.

One thing that I have noticed with absolute certainty is that these kind of activities are frequently accompanied by electromagnetic phenomena. Cell phones are often effected. Tv's sometimes get a "buzzed" image that lasts for about 1 second (not normal digital signal loss or distortion, if you've seen it you will know what I'm talking about). Electronic door locks in cars sometimes trigger themselves. In old homes, intense "psychic" (for lack of a better term) activities can cause electrical problems. I had one house that the fusebox melted down during such activities. Sometimes wall plug units will begin malfunctioning. Extreme circumstances can cause melted plastic corners and such.

But anyhow, ya... I believe there's something, whatever one deems it, that when in contact, causes a great deal of electromagnetic phenomena. Man, I've had lots of issues with cell phones over the years, with calls (though you got me on the texts, haven't had that happen).

I can't say with any certainty what it is, if it is caused by individuals with particular brain wiring, whether it's caused by outside forces, whether there is a god,... I don't know. But there is something.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by pirhanna]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
+1 subconsciously - tried to edit previous post and add this but hey, it didn't work haha.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subconsciously Correct

You, sir, are becoming subconsciously correct. The subconscious is the key link to all memories, desires, and outcomes. It is the actor that acts out your conscious mind's true beliefs without being noticed. It also causes things to surface without conscious recognition. It acts without thought, a key reason to why hypnosis works so well at auto-suggestion.

Two books I believe you would enjoy

The Power of the Subconscious Mind - Dr. Joseph Lee Murphy

Psych-Cybernetics - Dr. Maltz

Anymore questions, feel free to ask, and best of luck to you.

I like the username

But as far as being "subconsciously correct", is that a good thing? It worries me that some of these things are so perfectly connected and that I'm literally in control.

And how many people would you say are "subconsciously correct"? All successful people, all happy people?

And pirahanna...try this "electomagnetic phenomena" on for size. If I get too close to a certain type of person, I can often feel an energy current between our closest body parts(like a repelling force). I've even seen people's leg twitch whenever I intensely focus on the energy.

I've always wanted to see if I could do the same thing during sex...but no avail so far. That would be experience the girl would never forget

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
wow that is very interesting. what happens to me is like when I'm outside at the mall, I see people I'd least expect to see. it's like things happen when you don't expect them, and when you do expect something, it doesnt happen. ¿has this ever happened to anyone?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlyer96
wow that is very interesting. what happens to me is like when I'm outside at the mall, I see people I'd least expect to see. it's like things happen when you don't expect them, and when you do expect something, it doesnt happen. ¿has this ever happened to anyone?

Yeah, that happens all the time. But it happens depending on my mood. Like if I'm depressed and really want to see somebody, I will usually never see them. But if I'm happy and think about them...then they will somehow appear. i don't expect it is probably the reason it happens...I just wish I guess you could say.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
My friend you are experiencing the 'awakening' that people have been talking about for decades. The realization that YOU are in control of YOUR universe and therefore responsible for it. Follow the rabbit and see how deep the hole goes. The only thing your have to fear is NOthing!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I like hearing that you are questioning whether or not God has anything to do with what you are experiencing,but the only way to know is to ask HIM!

You can start by saying,"Lord,if you are real and trying to get my attention,you've got it! Please open my eyes and my heart to your ways and lead me in your truth. With just this little faith I am asking,believing that if you are indeed God that this will be possible."

If He is knocking at your heart,invite Him in! (Then try to listen,and to do that,you have to pick up a Bible,start out just opening up the New Testament,and you'd be surprised at how alive His word becomes when we ask Him to make things plain.)

This happens for me all the time. He knows your needs before you do,but it is up to you to humble yourself before Him.

Back in 2001 or 2001,I began seeing "11:11" all the time,too,and never understood it. It went beyond any "coincidence" I have ever had. Two years ago,when reading a certain Bible passage,I had what could only be described as "a religious experience"...I won't go into the details! This is that passage:

"Concerning this salvation,the prophets,who spoke of the grace that was to come to you,searched intently and with the greatest care,trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the suffering of Christ and the glories that would follow." 1 Peter 10-11....!!

It goes on to say,"It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves,but you,when they spoke of the things that have been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things!"

Now,this may not relate to you,because if God is speaking to you,it will be unique and personal. I'm just telling you my experience. For one thing,after that,I never see the "11:11" like I used to,and for me,the mystery is solved! Not because of just that one passage,but in so many other ways I could not begin to tell you,but it has all been good,I guarantee it!

Beware though,"With much knowledge comes much grief".(Ecclesiastes 1:18)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I star you.

I flag you.

Redbarron called it. You have begun your spiritual journey into the mystical realm of quantum manifestation. You have established your connection between the rhythm of the time and space around you and synchronized yourself with the universe on a soul level.

I can tell you from personal intellect that you have successfully begun your communion with the "creator", or, as I see it: everything that exists in the form of one being. This is due to you seeing the numbers 11:11. It may sound outlandish, but you will fully appreciate the opportunity after experiencing more situations and signs.

It is hard to describe the concept in words, but I like to say it is just a "feeling" that I get when I see the numbers. It is a feeling of acknowledgment by the "creator". Many times I can distinguish the "message" delivered via the numbers due to the feeling. Even the numbers 1:11, often times manifest this same feeling within me. If the numbers suggest a few digits off, such as 11:12, or 11:10.. etc, I can recognize a feeling of being on the right track, but there is something I'm forgetting about in order to be completely in synchronization with the trail to my destination. The numbers often show up in the most unexpected places, and not always as the time of the day. This allows you to see it numerous times throughout the day. You may start to feel like you're seeing the numbers quite often; this is good. Enjoy the opportunities to converse with the entity of life! Take every chance you get to further your understanding of the power of consciousness and manifestation. While in synchronization with the universe, take time to thank it for it's harmonious participation with your soul.

Personal meditation, and time for contemplation is key. A good time is when lying in bed. The thought that provokes a manifestation is when you make yourself experience the feeling you would feel after whatever you manifest is already manifested. That may sound confusing, but it's easy. Say you wish you could find a dollar on the ground. In order to manifest that, you must focus and meditate on the feeling you would get when you actually do find the dollar, and keep repeating that feeling in your head, while visualizing it and analyzing every aspect of it. The more detailed of a feeling you can project in your mind is the more power of your manifestation.

There are an infinite number of possibilities that form after awakening your soul. Take the knowledge you have and put it forth to let it bloom in beauty.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayan_Soul
I star you.

I flag you.

Redbarron called it. You have begun your spiritual journey into the mystical realm of quantum manifestation. You have established your connection between the rhythm of the time and space around you and synchronized yourself with the universe on a soul level.

I can tell you from personal intellect that you have successfully begun your communion with the "creator", or, as I see it: everything that exists in the form of one being. This is due to you seeing the numbers 11:11. It may sound outlandish, but you will fully appreciate the opportunity after experiencing more situations and signs.

It is hard to describe the concept in words, but I like to say it is just a "feeling" that I get when I see the numbers. It is a feeling of acknowledgment by the "creator". Many times I can distinguish the "message" delivered via the numbers due to the feeling. Even the numbers 1:11, often times manifest this same feeling within me. If the numbers suggest a few digits off, such as 11:12, or 11:10.. etc, I can recognize a feeling of being on the right track, but there is something I'm forgetting about in order to be completely in synchronization with the trail to my destination. The numbers often show up in the most unexpected places, and not always as the time of the day. This allows you to see it numerous times throughout the day. You may start to feel like you're seeing the numbers quite often; this is good. Enjoy the opportunities to converse with the entity of life! Take every chance you get to further your understanding of the power of consciousness and manifestation. While in synchronization with the universe, take time to thank it for it's harmonious participation with your soul.

Personal meditation, and time for contemplation is key. A good time is when lying in bed. The thought that provokes a manifestation is when you make yourself experience the feeling you would feel after whatever you manifest is already manifested. That may sound confusing, but it's easy. Say you wish you could find a dollar on the ground. In order to manifest that, you must focus and meditate on the feeling you would get when you actually do find the dollar, and keep repeating that feeling in your head, while visualizing it and analyzing every aspect of it. The more detailed of a feeling you can project in your mind is the more power of your manifestation.

There are an infinite number of possibilities that form after awakening your soul. Take the knowledge you have and put it forth to let it bloom in beauty.

Crazy because I literally see 11:11 at least once a day, for the past few months anyway...and suddenly I started picking up 11:10 during my depression, but amazingly it appeared again tonight. I have a clock right next to my computer, and visually the 11:11 is probably stimulating to the eye...but when I'm facing the complete opposite direction and then turn around to look at something, and it's staring at me...thats when it sort of hits home.

Thanks for the support guys. Instead of seeing it as a "pre-determined" future, it's not so much predetermined at is a controllable future.

And On the Edge, I usually pick one Bible Verse at random at night, and then use it as a horoscope type thing for the next day.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
"And On the Edge, I usually pick one Bible Verse at random at night, and then use it as a horoscope type thing for the next day."

That's good. So if you are experiencing "an awakening",you are already a willing conduit!

Keep your heart and eyes open! As you know,these are no ordinary times we are living in!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I had a job once, and it was about filing stuff. And a file fell behind a cabinet and when I puilled out the cabinet there was this little door. No #. Like a half a door, but more like a midget door.

So, I went in there and whoosh I was looking out the eye holes of John Malkovich. No kidding. And he was like checking his mail and stuff.

I don't know. Life can be pretty freaky.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nostradumbass

But as far as being "subconsciously correct", is that a good thing? I

It is a natural feeling to be a little scared of the idea of it all at first. It is such a simple idea yet so powerful. That is the next step towards your enlightenment, letting go of all fear. It is hard, and a lot of times it brings you to past issues that are hard to let go, but it's all part of a grander scheme. The subconscious mind is powerful, and I believe it is the link between our physical realm and the spiritual realm. Dreams are formed in the subconscious state. Trance involves lowering conscious levels and reaching higher subconscious levels. This is why most dreams and really deep trances are either hard to recall or almost impossible to recall. They have no conscious thought, therefore to try and process and remember these things while consciously awake is hard to do as well.

Originally posted by Nostradumbass
And how many people would you say are "subconsciously correct"? All successful people, all happy people?

Great question. This is like everything else in the world, cyclical in nature. Subconscious thoughts enhance how we think consciously, yet changing our conscious thoughts can reshape our subconscious thoughts as well (the latter goes along the lines of your original post).

This brings me to the point of answering your question. Successful people may not always be happy, so it depends as far as that goes. Also, all happy people may be naturally happy due to their subconscious thoughts, which therefore makes them consciously behave in a more positive and happy manner. On the other hand, some people may decide they want to consciously make the best out of anything they approach in life, and this will in turn change the actions the subconscious carries out. These will be underlying and happen what seems like out of nowhere (such as the "lightbulb effect." ) This paragraph illustrates the points made in the previous paragraph. One does not only affect the other, but they both interact with each other. Changes to one affect the other.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Subconsciously Correct]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You are adept at creating reality out of your own intentions. Be careful what you wish for because it sounds like you WILL get it. Put no Intention behind any negative thoughts that you have or you will attract the negativity back to you. We all can do this. You are just very,very good at it. Hopefully you are a light and love kind of dude. Imagine...(if you will)intend a new world...peace...love... no greed....everyone is a King or Queen...we treat each other as if they are the dearest thing to us. Everyone has what ever one needs...all shared...what we imagine, manifests...creation. When you intend always preface it "if this is correct with the highest good. Another words you don't want to do what is against the Divine plan or it will bite you in the rear end big time. I am jealous and so very happy for you! You are very loved and protected, know this, feel this!

Love, light, peace and all the wonderful things that you can imagine to you my brother.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
S&F! Finally some one who can relate to my entire life.
Seriously.

These "Speak of the devil" instances have happened to me since I can remember, sometimes more than others and some days so many that I get put into this weird daze where nothing seems real, where reality seems artificial somehow. I find it highly interesting that you mention the positive aspect of this because now that you mention it I think back on more significant events and sure enough they happened only when in a very positive or happy state of mind. I am completely honest and think there's something to this, even though I don't know what.

I've been trying to figure out what this stuff is forever! I went to see a medical intuitive once and she said it's a way of seeing into the future and that if you can learn to practice and use the experience that you can see future events. I don't know how true that is but it is definitely interesting nonetheless.

Every thing you said jives with what happens to me except for the text message thing. Haven't had anything like that yet . lol

I currently think our state of mind, attitude and conscious approach contribute to these kind of things happening. Basically we are molding the universe in our favor by the power of thought. After watching some documentaries such as "The Secret" and "What the Bleep Do We Know" I have kind of thought this way and further reinforced my views on the power of belief or faith as some religious would know it.

Belief is extremely powerful, that is for damn sure. I have done some personal experimenting and would love for you to try it out for yourself also and it goes like this.

When I really want something, a new car, a liked girl, some kind of situation, I really focus on it and think about it religiously at times during the days. However in my mind I naturally admit defeat and don't believe I will obtain it or don't give that focused thought the power of "it can happen".

However, when I accept that I might not obtain it with a positive attitude instead of a defeated approach but still continue to focus on it, it seems to manifest but only when I have this "positive acceptance" mindset as compared to a negative "it won't happen mindset.

I don't really know what it is but when these "speak of the devil" events unfold continuously and over and over again through each day I can't help but pay attention to them and try to examine them.

Consciousness molds the world around us and by the power of thoughts, properly controlled, with the proper attitude, we can manifest just about anything no matter how ridiculous it might seem to us personally IMHO.

I still wonder though, did the event happen because my somehow focused thought sent out the right vibe or did I see something before it happened...?

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Crossfate]

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Crossfate]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I think we all have moments like this, we all have the feeling...people just don't know how to quite put it into words. And that is one talent I've always had...expressing myself in words.

You say your not sure if you saw the event before (like in a dream or in a subconscious thought) or if people just picked up on your vibe. Well that is where you have to believe what ever you want, to get you through it.

Like if you believe your seeing the future, then you could be the next Nostradamus...but if you believe your sending out the right vibe...then everyone you meet will be attracted. That is why they say time and space is an illusion...because your beliefs are NOT limited to your 80 something year life span(if your lucky).

Language(talk of the past present future) , clocks(the linear movement of things) are all man made. And anything man made is a limited truth.

It's like when your old...you don't die because "it's time"...you die because your subconsciously ready. When you have nothing to live for, when you can no longer convince your conscious mind that your useful...pop goes the plug. Of course age also brings on a lot of negative thoughts, so immortality is impossible...but with a strong mind I would bet humans could live for CENTURIES.

All you have to do is believe, and as long as you truly believe in something, then you will get it. But if you over think that theory too much, you start worrying or questioning it...then you won't have the power to truly believe anymore.

It goes back to days that I am on cloud 9, where nothing can touch me and I feel like a king...I had MODELS giving me their numbers, no lie. But days when I'm depressed, I worry that I'm not good enough for them, and then they avoid me.

This is the way I look at it:
They say that mentally retarded people are the happiest people in the world.
If no one ever told you that there was something wrong with you...then wouldn't you rather be retarded than normal?
Just something to think about....opens your eyes to how there are really no bad or crazy people in the world, just misunderstood.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Reality often unfolds, like an oragami...my best states are when I'm centered, relaxed, and not focusing on anything in particular. If I try to consciously think something specific, it's like collapsing the wave field, and my state goes away. Our subconscious and unconscious are very powerful, and it takes time to develop these abilities. I'm reminded of a pitcher who tries too hard to hit the catcher's target to the millimeter. If you stay right on the edge and let it happen you will have great control. If you try to hard to aim the ball, you don't have a chance of hitting any kind of a target. I think you can bring your thoughts into reality, but be careful, as they say, of what you wish for. Meditation is a wonderful tool, and the idea is total relaxation, just getting conscious thinking out of the loop. If our heart and Spirit are pure, any number of great things are possible.

new topics

top topics

join