It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll Take the Mutant Trout please...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Coming soon to a dinner table near you?

URI researchers see food boon in their super trout

SOUTH KINGSTOWN — Researchers at the University of Rhode Island say they have bred a form of super trout with oversized muscles that offer more fish flesh to fillet.

The animals are not available commercially, and any plan to grow and sell them would need to first be approved by the Food and Drug Administration, which is wrestling with how to best regulate genetically engineered foods.

They have a pic on the link which is unsettling, I'll have to take a pass on this one

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
We need to stop that before Mutant Trout makes it's way to our Tables and Plates!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I swear to God, if one of those things hops out of a river and beats me with my own fishing rod, me and these scientists are going to have a problem

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
If they are not injecting synthetic chemicals, but the fishes own dna, how is this anything but an extreme form of selective breeding, I wonder?

Anyway I agree, that picture disturbs me as well. CuReepy.

I have to admit I am woefully undereducated on this subject, and it looks like I need to bone up pretty fast! I see this type of thing being a huge trend in the near future.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
im all for it!

its just like the muscle cows!

with various contries in the world suffering famine, i dont get why people can be so against things like that! As long as the meats the same, theirs no issue for me, ive been looking forward to the world where we can grow super cows and 5 ft high carrots!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Bon Appetit

I think a better solution is to curb the wasted food, at least in the US, just think how many hungry folks could be fed with what is thrown away daily..

without genetically modified food sources.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
great, super large mutated mercury filled fillet. Yum Yum GIMMEE SOME!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Funny, there was just a story on the nightly news tonight about Mexico refusing a shipment of US beef due to the high mercury content. Of course I am sure there was no problem bring ing it back over here and letting us eat it. After reading about the link between Morgellons and the GM modified corn, I too will pass on any and all modified "junk"! If it ain't broke don't fix it, if they "fix" it, I ain't eating it!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

That's one reason I try to grow as much of my own food as possible, it is time consuming but well worth the effort.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Mutant trout is nothing. 90% of ALL the food sold in America is genetically altered and inhumanely grown.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is just soooo wrong...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I've caught lake trout that would eat that thing for breakfast, and lake trout aren't genetically modified.

Natural or nothing at all IMO.

Besides, look at it. That does not look appetizing nor healthy.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

As do I! There is nothing quite as tasty as a vine ripened tomato or cucumber...a fresh ear of corn, or pan fried okra! Ohhh and squash, and green beans and crowder peas! LOL Herbs too!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

It really depends on where the beef came from. My step family owns a ranch out here in Wyoming.

Let me tell you something about Wyoming first. The moment you first step outside here and you take your first breath, the first thing you notice is the air is clean! So is the water. Very low mercury content which I guess may come from living in the least populated state in the country, added with that fact that I'm up about 6000 feet. I dunno. The water does taste a lot better though I'll tell you that.

Anyway most cattle ranchers that live here, don't inject hormones into the beef, nor do they really vaccinate. Most of the time, the cows are roaming the wilds until round up time and even then only a select few are sent to slaughter and the rest will roam the wilds again the following year.

You can definitely tell the difference from the beef that you get from the ranch compared to the mass produced beef you buy at the store. The ranch beef is leaner and doesn't have that strange aftertaste that most of us don't even notice anymore. The cows aren't force fed corn, or grain. They are range fed.

Anyway, I'm not trying to advocate the consumption of beef. I'm just stating that you can really tell the difference when the cows are basically all natural.

The cows are much happier too! Ever seen a cow run and play before? I have.

top topics

join