It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Finds Tea Party Backers Wealthier and More Educated

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by kinda kurious

The problem is you're letting the antics of a few dumba$$es at that ONE Tea Party rally you went to color your opinion of them all.

You're smart enough to know better than to make blanket generalizations, yet you insist on holding onto this one for some reason.

If I take a swig of milk and it tastes bad, I rarely take a 2nd.

As far as all the bigoted signage, shouting and slurs etc., I don't blame the tool, I blame the carpenter.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

From the same container, yes. But does that mean ALL milk is bad and thus you swear it off from that point on?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

If I take a swig of milk and it tastes bad, I rarely take a 2nd.

Most people don't. They throw that jug out and get a different one. They don't just swear off milk forever.

Ouch, see what I mean? Nice come back! Touché

Unfortunately, I've become lactose intolerant.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
why do recent surveys show the vast majority of Tea Party Members view Bush favorably while thier views of Obama...well we know the answer there.

I wouldn't call 57% a vast majority, it's a slight majority sure but not a vast one. There are multiple reasons why people might still view Bush favorably that really have little to nothing to do with the tea party movement. Not to mention they only polled 1500 people out of the hundreds of thousands who showed up at tea parties across the country, thus pulling too small a sample size and thus their study was flawed before they even began. But all of that belongs in the other thread here dedicated to that study, not in this one.

It is the discord between what they claim to be and what they are.

You mean the discord between what the tea party movement is about and how the MSM portrays it.

Ditto with financial regulatory reform...they are against it...

They are against expanding the federal government. Giving it more power than it already has would be the complete opposite of going back to a smaller federal government. Is it really a surprise that the people against expanding government are against a bill that will expand government?

I haven't read this particular bill so I don't know the details of it and will refrain from giving my opinion of it. Suffice it to say nothing that comes from Washington ever works as intended. This bill will be no different.

Before you echoe the GOP rhetoric that the bill "permanentlt institutionalizes government bailouts"...know that this rhetoric was carefully calculated and wholey untrue.

Why would you assume that I would echo anything that comes from the GOP that I can't prove to be true on my own?

Also see here..Freedomworks creaed and paid for the Tea Party Express

Yes they did. They took the tea party name but that doesn't make them part of the movement. The tea party movement is a bunch of people across the country volunteering their time and efforts to organize and attend protests while coordinating with other volunteer groups. The tea party express is a for profit money maker brought about solely to take advantage of the movement and funnel money to the GOP and conveniently hidden behind a not-for-profit organization.

Is it really all that surprising that people are wanting to take advantage of and make a buck off the tea party movement? Did you see how quick t-shirts, bumper stickers and signs went up for sale once the word about planned tea parties got out? By the end of the day places were selling all kinds of tea party stuff. The tea party express is no different.

How did a group that was principally Anti Bush and Bailouts...become Anti Financial reform and Pro-Bush? Seriously...They were hijacked.

Freedomworks and Dick Armey

Perhaps Freedomworks was hijacked, I don't know. I'd never heard of them until last year so I honestly have no clue how anti-Bush and/or bailouts they were before.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Ouch, see what I mean? Nice come back! Touché

Unfortunately, I've become lactose intolerant.

Good thing there's soy milk and lactose free milk then, huh? There's a milk out there for everyone.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Originally posted by maybereal11
Perhaps Freedomworks was hijacked, I don't know. I'd never heard of them until last year so I honestly have no clue how anti-Bush and/or bailouts they were before.

Star from me for tone and honesty.

Freedomworks...

I'll be blunt...As long as Former House Majority Leader and Lobbyist, Dick Armey is running Freedomworks and Freedomworks is running the majority of the tea party via funding and organizing almost every one of thier protests, issueing talking points and flyers, then the Tea Party Movement will continue to be a tool for the GOP and corporate interests.

I wish it wasn't so, but that is the fact.

See Open Secrets...noticce the DLA Piper overlap with Freedomworks.
DLA Piper is a Lobbyist firm for Insurance and Phamrmaceitical companies as well as an Iranian political faction.

www.opensecrets.org...

www.blogforarizona.com...

www.opensecrets.org...

[edit on 20-4-2010 by maybereal11]

[edit on 20-4-2010 by maybereal11]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join