It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Finds Tea Party Backers Wealthier and More Educated

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
I question the 47% number, as that seems AWFULLY high. 47% of Americans households paid no federal income tax?

47% Pay No Income Tax

Oh, and our taxes went down last year.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

The TEA PARTY EXPRESS!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

"The Tea Party Express national bus tour will host a series of tea party rallies all across the nation"

That's not an organization or any official representation of the TPM. It's a BUS TOUR, kind of like a CONCERT but with talking heads instead of singing heads. I'm sure they WANT TPM'ers to come out and hear them.

Don't you get it yet? You're example, saying the TP Express represents ALL TPMers, is like saying the Gaither Vocal Band which is making a tour across America represents ALL of Christianity!

You're funny. Still grasping at straws, but funny.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
And since we have slight diversion in topic, may I add:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd8bbc824e45.jpg[/atsimg]

Source

President Obama is diligently digging us out of a big hole left by his predecessor. Mr. Mission Accomplished.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Oh, and our taxes went down last year.

Surprise, surprise, surprise. Because you're special, I'm sure.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Yeah - since you're big to point out that Fox News is biased toward conservatives, how about posting a source not created by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?

The data I posted was from the Bureau of Labor Statistics and seems to run contrary to your data. I wonder which is right? LOL

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

The Tea Party Express IS the GOP. Of course they love Palin, Beck and Bush.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am surprised to see that they are more educated, though... That's a puzzler.

[edit on 4/16/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

The Tea Party Express is the "Kleenex" of the TPM. It is merely a brand name used used by MSM to paint a broad perspective of the movement as a whole. The core sector of the movement does not agree with the methods employed by the Express. Furthermore, this same poll found that roughly 41% of the TPM members consider themselves to be Independent and 5% Dem. and yet You are inferring that the tea party is the GOP. That is not true. Share all of the facts with your devoted fans please.

You are deliberately interchanging the Tea Party Express with the general TPM to advance you stance when the two are clearly different. It is all detailed in your article.

Tea Party Express’s high profile has angered tea party leaders who are suspicious of its big payments to Russo Marsh, view the bus tours as distractions from meaningful grass-roots organizing headed into the 2010 midterm elections and say the Republican ties of both the firm and PAC are wrong for a movement that has prided itself on independence from the political establishment and has fiercely rejected what it sees as GOP efforts to co-opt it.

“We’ve worked hard to distance ourselves from the Tea Party Express because of their close affiliation with the Republican Party, the Republican establishment and their PAC,” said Debbie Dooley, a national coordinator for the Tea Party Patriots, a national umbrella group of local activists. The Patriots have supported a strict nonpartisan posture but also have struggled to raise money, and Dooley contends that’s partly because of Tea Party Express.

“When people donate to Tea Party Express, they think that they are donating to a tea party, because they don’t read the fine print at the bottom of their e-mails that says it is a PAC,” she said. “And that hurts the local grass-roots tea party organizers, since a lot of that is actually taking some money away from them.”

www.politico.com...

[edit on 16-4-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Fair enough. I accept your criticism of my original source. I will strive to do better.

Increase in March Employment Shows U.S. Recovery Is Broadening

Source: Bloomberg

It's Official: Obama Is Creaming Bush When It Comes To Jobs

Source: Business Insider

Bureau of Labor Statistics Fact Cheched

[edit on 16-4-2010 by kinda kurious] edits for fat fingers

[edit on 16-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Thank you. Those are better sources. But, one question. In the Business Insider source, did you catch this paragraph?

Now, whether this was the result of Obama's and Bush's policies... or whether it's just a matter of timing, is obviously open for debate.

We know what Speaker Pelosi would have you believe.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
The Tea Party Express is the "Kleenex" of the TPM. It is merely a brand name used used by MSM to paint a broad perspective of the movement as a whole.

Hmmmmmmmm. So did the "MSM" paint this name on the side of their bus?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b4b8331239b6.jpg[/atsimg]

Sounds like you are implying it is a faction within a faction. Who's fault is that? That they allowed themselves to become marginalized will yield their own undoing.

Will the REAL Tea Partiers please stand up.

So Tea Party Express = Tea Party Lite?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Of course I did. I'm fair and balanced.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by jibeho
The Tea Party Express is the "Kleenex" of the TPM. It is merely a brand name used used by MSM to paint a broad perspective of the movement as a whole.

Hmmmmmmmm. So did the "MSM" paint this name on the side of their bus?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b4b8331239b6.jpg[/atsimg]

Sounds like you are implying it is a faction within a faction. Who's fault is that? That they allowed themselves to become marginalized will yield their own undoing.

Will the REAL Tea Partiers please stand up.

So Tea Party Express = Tea Party Lite?

That's the Celestial Seasonings bus and that is the image and the specific group that the msm has been playing with because it is the most visible.

The marginalizing of the movement was inevitable. Everyone who has something to gain or protect has been trying to get their claws into it. How do you stop it when one faction clearly has more clout and financial backing than the other?

The only good to come of all this nonsense is the overall message that people have reached their limits and that our govt. is reaching too far into their lives and pockets.

These feelings will continue to fester as more details emerge from HCR and in the notion that "Cap and Tax' legislation is soon on its way in addition to the financial reform crap that is on the table right now. Step by step...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I am surprised to see that they are more educated, though... That's a puzzler.

That puzzled me when I read it too. There's the possibility, of course, that many really are well educated and well connected and are simply playing the "common folks" in order to achieve their objectives -- more money, less taxes for them, and a continuing stranglehold on the power structure in America.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Celestial Seasonings has a bus??? That's a real puzzler!

[edit on 16-4-2010 by sos37]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I would love to know what the Tea Party stands for and I want details. Please for the love of FSM, do not say "smaller govt" and "lower taxes". I want details!

What is the TPM stance on the war? Defense? and Spending associated with it?

What EXACTLY does smaller govt mean? Smaller federal govt? Smaller State govt? Smaller local govt?

With regards to lower taxes, How low? What programs will be cut from lowering all of these taxes?

I recently heard that of each dollar of federal taxes, about 50% is medicare, medicaid and SS. And about 20% is defense/military spending. of that 70% what would the tea party cut out? The remaining 30% represents all other govt agencies and spending. What would the TPM do with that 30%? What will be cut?

What is the TPM stance on financial regulation?

What is the TPM stance on campaign finance reform?

What is the TPM stance on the war on drugs?

What is the TPM stance on public funding for roads?

What is the TPM stance on public parks?

What is the TPM stance on public libraries?

What is the TPM stance on public funding for police?

What is the TPM stance on public funding for fire depts?

What is the TPM stance on public funding for first responders?

I can come up with more questions but this is just a start.

I am not kidding I have been asking these questions over and over whenever i can to posts online or when speaking to people who support the TPM and not once have I received any intelligent responses. They just repeat the Sarah Palin-esque responses of "smaller govt", "lower taxes", etc.

Will someone who supports the TPM, please answer these questions and show me where the TPM has put any of these answers in writing.

I have been to several of the so called "official" TPM websites and not one has an actual mission statement that declares where they stand on any of these issues. They just repeat, "smaller govt" and "lower taxes".

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

The Team Party Movement doesn't have a leader, or a headquarters. There's no official logo. There's no one organization representing it, so I'd be interested to know who you think "they" are.

The TPM is just what it says - it's a MOVEMENT - an ideological movement BY THE PEOPLE toward a common goal.

I would love to know who "they" are, and what they stand for.

So its a political movement, without a leader. How exactly do they plan on accomplishing anything? Do they have anyone running for office? What is there common goal and how can they reach that goal? You do realize that you have to actually do something besides protest if you want to accomplish anything. They need to have a leader, every org needs a leader or spokes person.

I really want to know what their "goals" are and how they intend on reaching these goals without a candidate or leader or platform for doing so.

Can you answer any of these questions?

[edit on 16-4-2010 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
From what I understand, they are just a bunch of right wing nuts getting a lot of coverage by Fox. They don't seem pertinent or in touch with reality.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by rizla]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
People, just need to believe,

I think this is the current event in question..

I think what is broken, is the people..

believe.. Be ready to sacrifice, to make a $.
be ready to push envelope to the next level,
enough of the oh poor me,
ENOUGH.. It is time to step up all people, ]
its time to deal with the cards we are delt...

No more pity party's want your taxes to go down, lets get to work...

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Any Tea Party Members care to answer my questions? I posted some legitimate questions with regards to where the TPM stands and apparently it has killed this thread.

Someone? Anyone? Care to answer my simple requests. I'm only asking what you stand for in detail. This is usually a pretty easy thing to answer.

I want details. Feel free to pick and choose any or all of my questions and provide some intelligent detailed answers to where the TPM stands. And if possible cite some sources to these answers. Does the actual TPM address any of my questions on their respective websites?

This should not be difficult. sos37 claims they have goals and I would like to hear in detail what these goals are and how they plan to achieve these goals. Are they running any candidates this fall? Do they plan on accomplishing these goals through physical force? Who are the TPM members planning on voting for? I keep seeing signs and statements that say, "vote them all out of office". But thats not how voting works, we dont vote people out, we must vote new people in. So, who is the TPM planning on voting in this fall?

And could a supporter of the TPM address the issue of Dick Armey?

Secrets of the Tea Party

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

Great questions.

I, too, have wondered exactly what the Tea Party stands for and it seems like what they want are all negatives. No this and No that. Reminds me of the GOP, the party of No.
But wait, isn't the TPM against Republicans, especially those they call RINOs?

I have heretofore assumed that my questions haven't been answered simply because, in my left-leaning world, I haven't had enough contact with them. But maybe I really do have an accurate picture.

If someone would enlighten me as to what the TPM is FOR that will go a great way in persuading me of their cause.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

I'm still waiting for any TPM supporters to answer any of my questions. Still no responses. I have posted my questions in this thread as well. Not one person has taken the time to address my questions.

I understand that many TPM are frustrated and angry but they dont have any solutions except we dont like _______. All they talk about is that Obama is ____ist/ism. Yet they cant provide any actual examples of this.

I dont get it. I'm asking very simple questions and not one TPM supporter will even take the time to answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join