It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we can all agree on the same "Internet" (www) than why can't we agree on anything else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
With all the "New World Order" talk, and information as of late, I was thinking, haven't we already come to world agreement on one thing. " The Internet " no disagreement's there, it was invented, we all accepted it, and no one stood up to say, "oh that's fine for Europe, but here in China, we'll come up with our own idea".

It is after all universally accepted by all nations, no matter what one's political, ethnical, or religious belief's are, with no disagreement's, or stipulations of any kind. Here it is, we all use it, and it seem's to work for everyone, "what a concept".

Now if we could just find other ways to supersede our often violent disagreement's, yet we press on with, I'm better, no I am, and that works for you, but we want it this way type of thinking, and Yes, we are all guilty of it, and we all believe our position is justified somehow, either due to our upbringing, our learning, or simply our way of life.

There are those who say, we will alway's agree to disagree, yet there is one thing we all accepted, with little or no protests whatsoever, simply because it allowed us to be connected to each other, kinda funny don't you think, that the main reason one thing was accepted World over, was so we could talk to one another, in better faster way's, very ironic if you consider all our disagreement's only succeed in refusing to talk to one another. We choose to hate, and stand up for our principles, for what we believe to be the way, or path. Yet flock to the only Worldwide way to love and have companionship with one another, through the web.

Although this is in the "New World Order" thread, it really has nothing to do with the subject, with the exception that while all the PTB are trying to find a way to unite the world, unseen under their noses the World already has been United, in a fashion, through the creation of the Worldwide Web.... www.whatever you wish to put after it, has brought us all together, if not in principle, at least in a sense.

Just my thought's tonight, as we face so many unknown's, at the beginning of a new decade.... Peace Y'all

[edit on 14-4-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The same can be said about medicine....

It's relative to everyone's personal gain, has nothing to do with differences.

That's like saying, oh I agree with TV because it displays images.....well, almost everyone can agree on that, however, saying hey join my religion because it's cool ya know brah, that's not so agreeable.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Understood, and a good point, I suppose I could have said everyone agree's on coffee, yet some only drink tea, perhap's if we took the stipulations out of so many thing's we disagree on, than they wouldn't cause so many people to draw back from them, as in: if we all used the same currency, but it didn't require every one to start from scratch, so we switch to the new form of legal tender, and everyone in the world get's say 100,000 of them whatever they may be called to start with, and we zero out the book's and go from the beginning.

Yeah, your right, too much to wrap your head around.....

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The art of "listening first" and "respecting" is the key to have better exchanges either on a forum like ATS or "live" (one on one). What causes disagreements between people is the emotional factor involved. Humans are like radars when it comes to detecting emotions within someone's message. If we could keep an objective attitude (no emotions involved), the exchange would be far more constructive. Another factor is the egoic impression of truth, and trying to have others see things our way.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lagenese

Also true, the internet succeed's by merely allowing all on it, to express themselve's freely, without concern over another's point of view having to become their point of view, thereby allowing user's to voice emotion during conversation, without fear of retribution, or causing another to feel alienated, it is emotionless conversation to some extent, although one can obviously allow emotions to become involved if one wishes, yet still retain the ability to leave the conversation, by simply signing off.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
What are you talking about? The internet is a collection of servers. It's a technology. There's nothing to agree on. It isn't a bunch of ideas or beliefs. Tech is accepted everywhere and by everyone. Everyone except people who shun all forms of tech and like to live in the woods. It's not like you can argue weather the internet exists or not because it does. Everyone knows that. It's like saying the sun doesn't exist. People don't agree on things because not everyone holds the same beliefs. It's one of those "Your word against mine" situations. All the internet is the same, thus there's no argument. Plus a casual search on the internet will show you that even though we all use it, we still don't agree ON it. So I must ask, what is your point? You have no argument and frankly you don't make any real sense.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Truth818

Not trying to have an argument, which is along the line's of my point, and I do not need to make sense here sir, as you can clearly see if you take the time to peruse the variety of nonsensical threads availible here, as well as sensable one's. I'm merely questioning the World's ability to agree on one internet, without discussion or dissent from anyone on the matter. Why didn't Russia say "No, we will not use this internet, we will create our own, that is far superior to yours". Or some other nation cause a big fuss over the protocol language involved, believing that they had a better plan.... and so on

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

That's because you can't create a "new internet". But, let's say for the sake of argument that you could. The tech didn't exist at the time and still doesn't today. You would have to come up with an entirely new way to share and transfer information. Think about it. The entire basis of the internet relies completely on the existence of computers. Without them, poof. No internet. So unless you can invent something better than the computers, I think everyone will continue to use it with no objections. Good job adding yourself to that "nonsensical threads" list.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by The_Truth818]

[edit on 14-4-2010 by The_Truth818]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Reply to post by freetree64

Great thread. I think internet is the begining of evolution into a united society where we seeach other as equal and stop all the mindless wars. Thanks

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by The_Truth818

See I see it as an essential thread. Why would u say dat? Embrace ignorance bro. Internet is evolutionary.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Reply to post by The_Truth818

His point is that we all embraced internet naturally as if there's a natural tendency towards collective consciousness

join