It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lt Col. Larkin 'reassigned' for challenging Obama-it begins!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

No charges yet for surgeon demanding eligibility proof

The U.S. Army says a surgeon who has publicly refused to follow any further orders until he sees documentation that Barack Obama is eligible to be president is being "reassigned" at Walter Reed Army Hospital after he refused to deploy to Afghanistan as scheduled.

While there have been reports Lt. Col. Terry Lakin is facing an imminent court-martial, Army spokesman Chuck Dasey told WND today that Lakin is only "under investigation" at this point.

A spokeswoman for the case, Margaret Calhoun Hemenway, told WND that whatever the "assignment" amounts to, Lakin's access privileges were revoked, his computer was confiscated and he "is not permitted to support his Hippocratic oath … and take care of the troops as a doctor and a surgeon."

Source posted tonight at 8:35 E.S.T: www.wnd.com...

Let me translate that last one: We have begun to put the screws to this guy...

All for a piece of paper the Commander-in-Chief should be more than happy to allow unfettered access to so that NOT ONE of his soldiers (or citizens) could /would question him again and could focus on the main objective(s).

Get this over with Obama. I am not a Birther but I am a realist-I can go get a copy of my birth certificate in about 10 mins-the original (a copy of course). The Govenor stated she has seen the long form herself-but can't release it without Obamas permission. so...

Good luck Lt. Col. Larkin.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
What begins?

I suggest you re-tool the title to...

"... it continues!"

frankly this WHOLE partisan dance reminds me of a real bitchy, period inflicted gal
who will say anything to create drama at all costs.

Wait, change it to a "real bitchy, period inflicted,
corporate lawyer gal..."

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Did you do this to any other president ? No - only the black one. Americans are so racist it is incredibly depressing.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

Ummmmmm, naw, I won't go there....

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

I had thought about the title but it is honest. The re-assignment is the first official action they have taken (to include not letting him treat/work on soldiers/staff etc-guess he wasn't enough of the Cpt Hassan type).

Anyway, the title stays as is. Thank you for your input.

To audas: Now that the BC thing is an issue, every POTUS should have it fully certified-so this doesn't happen again. And, I am not a racist. I don't care who they are anymore-if it says you must be American born, prove it or you don't get the keys to the White House.

I posted this because I feel the others were a lot of hype-due to no official action being taken (until this event)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas
Did you do this to any other president ? No - only the black one. Americans are so racist it is incredibly depressing.

Yeah we just wanted to see the last one and his cabinet go to prison for war crimes and treason.

Really, I don't care if he was born here or not, why do we have to "just trust him" or anyone else in government when they repeatedly lie to us?

[edit on 14-4-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
1. BC? It's already been shown

2. He should be court-marshalled for refusing to follows orders, not relocated. Which is looks like they're looking into doing.

There, summed up the facts for you. Now let's hear all the partisan bickering and unfounded arguments

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Am I the only one that thinks the ATS webpage should be in color? Wait, what is that? I only see things in black and white?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
IT will be a few weeks to see if he will face court marshal, maybe.

If somebody with military experience could chime in and maybe give us a run down of what the procedure usually is that would be helpful. I would think if they were going to bring him up on charges then he would have already been put in the brig waiting for his court date. I could be wrong though.

I thought refusing orders was a pretty serious charge. We'll have to see what plays out.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
He was awarded the CMO. That alone gives him the right to question anything he wants. Release your records Obama and all this goes away.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by killuminati2012

Am I the only one that thinks the ATS webpage should be in color? Wait, what is that? I only see things in black and white?

Racism is black and white - but thanks for the condescending hyperbole.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

Yeah we just wanted to see the last one and his cabinet go to prison for war crimes and treason.

Really, I don't care if he was born here or not, why do we have to "just trust him" or anyone else in government when they repeatedly lie to us?

[edit on 14-4-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

What ? This has nothing to do with trust - it is about whether or not he is American - no one would question whether or not he was American if he was not black - this is the first black President America has ever had and the first time the Birth Certificate has come up - get it. Its a BLACK THING - not a question of his integrity - thats POINT of the whole thread.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Ya know, this whole "if you don't like Obama you're a racist" s**t is getting really old. No matter the topic of a thread, if Obama is mentioned here comes the same group of members throwing out their same old one line post calling everyone racist. Do all of you do it in the hopes that calling someone a racist will scare them into being quiet or changing their minds? Were none of you paying attention when we wanted Bush and Cheney brought up on war crimes?

Seriously, can't ATS do something about all these posters that have nothing better to add to a thread other than calling anyone that disagrees with Obama a racist?

As for us not doing this with any other president isn't even an issue. No other president to my knowledge has had such a mysterious past that involved living in another country.

To tell you the truth, I don't even care anymore if he's a natural born citizen. The problems in our government don't stem just from Obama, they stem from the whole crooked lot of them!

As far as the article goes, I wish the LTC luck, he's going to need it. I don't see what's happening to him as retaliation against him as much as he should have followed the order put before him.

I'm not sure if the conscientious objection defense will work or not for something such as this.

What ? This has nothing to do with trust - it is about whether or not he is American - no one would question whether or not he was American if he was not black - this is the first black President America has ever had and the first time the Birth Certificate has come up - get it. Its a BLACK THING - not a question of his integrity - thats POINT of the whole thread.

Wrong yet again! If Obama was white you would still see the questioning as it's about his being legally eligible to be POTUS, not the color of his skin as he's biracial and not black. McCain is white and he was questioned. GET IT?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
For those who see only Black and White......... here is some color

A white guy?

en.wikipedia.org...

During the 1880 U.S. presidential election a New York attorney, Arthur P. Hinman, was hired to explore rumors of Arthur's foreign birth. Hinman alleged that Arthur was born in Ireland and did not come to the United States until he was fourteen years old. When that story failed to take root Hinman came forth with a new story that Arthur was born in Canada. This claim also fell on deaf ears.[2]:202–203 In any case, Arthur's father was not naturalized until some years after his birth, resulting in Arthur having dual citizenship, a fact he later covered up.[6]

John Mccain

another white guy?

www.washingtonpost.com...

One person who disagrees with that premise is New Hampshire resident Fred Hollander, who has filed a suit in U.S. District Court claiming that the Republican candidate is "not a natural born citizen." In an attempt to prove his argument, the 49-year-old computer programmer filed a subpoena last month seeking McCain's birth certificate.

The Department of Homeland Security, which oversees citizenship services, declined to hand over copies of the document, saying the subpoena was improperly served.

This was just one suit filed there were others. But Mccain eventually provided his original long form. This also went to congress for a vote.
However, in the courts he would likely lose.

Not to mention both of these guys were/are republicans. John Mccains problems arose before Obama's, and obviously so did Chester Arthur.

There was also some question regarding Romney's place of birth as well, at least I think it was Romney, could be wrong on that....

So please , for the love of god................ get over the black / white thing

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I knew he would be either "Re-assigned" or his orders rescinded - as was the last case. A Courts-Martial would launch a court proceeding involving discovery which would put all of Obama's secrecy at risk, and he certainly couldn't risk that.
This is becoming a quick and easy ticket out of the war zone. The Coward-In-Chief will NEVER release his BC, ever!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

It is a racist thing - just because you don't like that being the case does not mean it is NOT the case. It is. Deal with it.

America history is almost entirely one of extreme racism - from its roots as a slave nation, to its civil war - racism.

The idea that somehow a black president not bringing up the emotional core of Americas entire heritage - i.e. extreme racism- is just laughable. The idea that raising alternative issues to mask the idea that this is all about racism is also laughable. It is.

The fact that there are OTHER issues regarding the role of government - on going issues is pertinent - however that is NOT what is being discussed here. It is the fact that people are questioning his country of origin - despite the fact that his certificate has been cited - it goes on. Along with the issue of his name.

To say it is not about racism - in the MOST RACIALLY driven nation in the history of nations - is utterly absurd.

Perhaps you would do better to acknowledge the entrenched racist outlook of America, the embedded core of your American psyche and stand up to it - rather than attempting t5o dismiss the issue because it gets in the way of your MORE IMPORTANT issues - such as how you hate having to have any social conscience - and how you feel it impinges on your right to be a sociopath.

Questioning a BLACK PRESIDENT about his country of origin - when no modern President has ever been questioned - even remotely - about this issue - is entirely and completely a racist thing.

This has NOTHING to do with all the other issues of government - that is a DIFFERENT THREAD!!!

BTW - You will find McCain was only questioned BECAUSE Obama was being questioned -

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

garbage - America is founded on racism, has racism at its heart and is to the CORE racist. This is plain as the nose on your face - the whole world knows it. The Obama BC issue to the rest of the PLANET is nothing less than that - ok - got it. EVERYONE knows what it is - except you. Why - because you do not even know what racism is -...the certificate HAS BEEN PRODUCED and cited - however the lunatic fringe insists that every person who wants to see it should see it - what ?!! It should be produced for the pertinent legal official to sight it - AND IT WAS - not good enough - garbage.

You have cited a legal challenge to the origins of an irishman from the 1880'S as a demonstration that Obama - 2010 - is not racist - you know anyhting about the Irish race relations in America there noob ! You know how many Irish Catholics have been President - thats right - one - he got shot. All your point does is reinforce the racist undertones of Americans.

Then you raise McCain - its just ridiculous.........let me set this straight for you - Black people are beating in custody in Australia - its a racist thing - white people are beaten and its not - its a police corruption thing. Do you understand what racism is ? Do you have ANY IDEA that it is implicitly about white supremacy over non-whites and not simply a division between any two races - clearly not. It is a cultural institution - it is a creation -

The Obama issue IS A RACIST ONE - try and deal with that. I know these things are hard - but at least try and get on the page.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

It is a racist thing - just because you don't like that being the case does not mean it is NOT the case. It is. Deal with it.

No it is not a racist thing, it might be through your eyes, but McCain's eligibility was brought up in front of congress, with Obama on the panel. It is documented that Obama lived in Indonesia for a period of time. It is also documented that Obama's father was a British National due to him being born in Kenya at the time it was a British colony. I also do believe it is documented that Obama's mother was close to giving birth to him while she was in Kenya. Obama's father didn't like America and on and on.

I don't see what the big deal is with asking the President of the USA to prove he is eligible for office. I don't see anything racist about it either. It happened to McCain. So you might as well put that race card back in the deck.

America history is almost entirely one of extreme racism - from its roots as a slave nation, to its civil war - racism.

Uhh, every country in the entire world practiced slavery at the time America was created. In fact there were white slaves, Arabic slaves, Irish Slaves, etc. In fact there were even some Black slave owners. The slave trade still goes on to this day. Racism is even more prevalent in other countries. Have you been paying attention to what has been going on in Africa?

The fact is, none of the people that have tried to challenge this in court has had anything really serious happen to them that has derived from this situation. We have the lawyer that is being investigated by the bar for misconduct, the reservist that lost his DOD job for refusing orders, and the rest were deemed to have no standing. Other than though, nothing nada zip.

Obama is hiding something with him not wanting this to go to court, because if he had proof there were a few cases that would have been allowed to proceed to end the issue once and for all. With serious jail and career damage due to it.

The facts speak for themselves.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
if he doesn't prove his nationality, does that mean he's a foreigner?
no. but to paraphrase colin powell, "what if he is?" imagine that...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

While I'm sure there are people out there that don't like Obama because of his skin, his being legally eligible to be POTUS has nothing to do with race. Just because you want it to be about race doesn't make it so.

Perhaps you should study the CW a bit more. The civil war wasn't about race. It wasn't whites against blacks and was about much more than slavery. In my opinion the only reason Lincoln freed the slaves was so they'd fight for the Union army. Lincoln wasn't as noble as you'd like to believe.

The idea that raising alternative issues to mask the idea that this is all about racism is also laughable. It is.

I'm sorry, but it's laughable to believe that it's about race. Like I said, I'm sure for some it's only about race, but they aren't the majority of those wishing to know.

It is the fact that people are questioning his country of origin - despite the fact that his certificate has been cited - it goes on. Along with the issue of his name.

And neither one of those has anything to do with his race now does it?

To say it is not about racism - in the MOST RACIALLY driven nation in the history of nations - is utterly absurd.

Most racially driven nation? We are a nation of people from every race and culture in the world and unless something has changed we all have the same rights and privileges regardless of race, sex, age, or religion.

Perhaps you would do better to acknowledge the entrenched racist outlook of America, the embedded core of your American psyche and stand up to it - rather than attempting t5o dismiss the issue because it gets in the way of your MORE IMPORTANT issues - such as how you hate having to have any social conscience - and how you feel it impinges on your right to be a sociopath.

Questioning a BLACK PRESIDENT about his country of origin - when no modern President has ever been questioned - even remotely - about this issue - is entirely and completely a racist thing.

Powerslave and myself have already show you that a "white" president and candidate has been questioned.

This has NOTHING to do with all the other issues of government - that is a DIFFERENT THREAD!!!

This, we agree on.

BTW - You will find McCain was only questioned BECAUSE Obama was being questioned -

I'm not sure who's citizenship was called into question first, but considering both were questioned,it shows you that it isn't about race.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join