It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second police officer suspended in videotaped beating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Second police officer suspended in videotaped beating

www.news.blogs.cnn.com

A second Prince George's county, Maryland, police officer has been suspended in the case of a University of Maryland student whose beating by officers wielding nightsticks was caught on video, officials announced Wednesday.

The Prince George's county police department had announced the suspension of one officer on Tuesday, and more suspensions are expected soon, according to polic Lt. Andy Ellis.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Another case of police brutality, at least these guys got caught.

I'm glad to see that the officers got suspended instead of just ignored.

We should require all police officers to wear cameras, that these sort of things won't happen.

It's a sad state of affairs when the police are worse than criminals.

www.news.blogs.cnn.com

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

The thing that i find most sickening about this is that they continue beating him once he is unconscious... they then go on to lie in their report... makes you wonder how often this sort of thing goes on!!

S+F

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
What the hell? He's been ``suspended`` ? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

PUT THAT SON OF A ***** IN JAIL RIGHT NOW UNTIL HIS TRIAL.

If convicted, SEIZE HIS PENSION FUND AND EVERYONE ELSE'S WHO COVERED FOR HIM AND PARTICIPATED IN THIS.

Either the law is equal for everyone, or we are lawless. *

* I know we are lawless but this could be an example to the contrary...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Actual link to news story

Yup, before the BADGE KISSERS come out with the "its a few bad apples", or they were under "duress", I want to get out that it looks like it's time for some new apple trees.

These guys are begging for the sheep to start fighting back. Are the police completely ignorant of the whole Rodney King thing? It only takes one event that touches off the powder keg that these corrupt bully cops are propagating. It seems that every day we are seeing more and more of this brutality. It seems reasonable that the police should be required to video tape EVERY interaction with EVERY citizen.

A few bad apples indeed.

..Ex

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

You know, it makes me sick how police act high and mighty when they have the badge on. They feel they can talk and treat you in any way they see fit. I made a real stupid decision in the past to shoplift a USB stick, and after I got cuffed, I was punched in my testicles twice. Yes, Punched, after i was cuffed. Punched in my testicles twice for doing nothing but complying to every demand I received. Then, on the way to the station, turns up rap music loud as hell, and slows by to check out girls walking by. Imagine if i mouthed off to this guy. People make mistakes, its the reason for life, to learn from them, not get treated like a roach by someone who makes the same mistakes when the badge is off.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
All I know is that if a group of "regular civilians" treated a policeman the way those policemen treated the civilian, they'd all be sitting in jail right now, with their 'evil-doing' faces plastered all over the news...

[edit on 14-4-2010 by alaskan]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

We should require all police officers to wear cameras, that these sort of things won't happen.

www.news.blogs.cnn.com

If the government had really wanted to keep the Homeland Secure, this should have been the first purchase of the stop terrorism spending spree.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Despicable, but not surprising at all. These are your American Police today and this is how they act in almost every American city in the country. Only when they're caught red handed do their leaders distance themselves like we see here.

Notice that as usual the pigs charged their victim with a felony in order to cover up their dirty deeds. Had these pigs not been exposed in the recording his life would of been ruined with a felony conviction and he would of been abused by the system and the jailers.

Again, no surprise here and I expect the pigs to get away with a loss of a job at the very worst, anybody else would be doing 5-10 years for such behavior.

top topics

join