It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could karma be real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
hello ats i am a skeptic and i want to know what you think of karma, i like to do good things and i notice sometimes good things happen to me im leaning on coincidence but what do you think?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I feel it has come round on me before even tho i feel wot i did was minor compared to wot hapend in return, "however" it has not seemed to visit people who clearly deserve a visit.

So i'm going to say no for now

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

thats what im thinking but there are instances when people do get wat they deserve but it could be coincidence i mean if your a nasty person than someone will want to off you in a nasty way

im looking at logic in one hand and the possibility of karma in the other but logic is heavier as of now

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I believe in it, but I don't really like the word "karma."

There are two other sayings that I know of along this line of thinking. The bible says "Whatsoever you sow, that also shall you reap" and the other one is "What goes around comes around."

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hi,
I think we misunderstand Karma completely to start with. For me it is only a 'mechanical system' and not the value/moral judgement system everyone believes it to be.

What I see is that we start something in motion, through words, thoughts and actions, and it automatically flows to a natural conclusion over time. I do this.. and it becomes that.

So I don't believe in good or bad karma, but I do see a karmic flow to everything we do.

Funny how we all want people who have done negative things to us to get their just rewards.. and we want to see them get it. This says a lot about how pathetic we are in that we can't just let a thing go and move on without wishin harm to anyone that hurt us.

Also, I don't think there is anything called "coincidence". For me, everything happens for a reason, whether we see or understand that reason or not.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

i like the ideaof karma as a mechanichal flow sounds less mystical interesting thoughts

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I would say yes. Metaphysically, and literally.

All it is is cause and effect, and, well, thats pretty well established.

Cause and Effect, plus the idea Dependent Origination(or pratityasamutpada) explains mostly everything pretty well.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
In my understanding, karma is the result of a carefully prepared program, otherwise known as astrological program. All the experiences we have are programmed in advance. As long as we remain in the illusion of free will, we remain in a "state" of karma. Once we discover how the program works, we can start breaking the code of this program and ultimately, set ourselves free from this program. I see the program as a form of domination, but it's a normal process for the soul's evolution.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by lagenese]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Very good question. The recording artist Sting once stated in a song (Shape of My Heart) "The hidden laws of a probable outcome..."

I think that there are certain laws that govern us all, such as gravity, not being able to breathe underwater for extended periods of time, natural disasters, etc. No matter what color you are, what social status bracket you may be in these laws affect everyone.

It seems to me, just as religion and spiritual points of view, tend to be limited and not deal with everything..just the same as science and quantum physics seem to not tell a complete story, I think that there are "universal laws" that haven't been fully realized of researched yet.

Such as the "veils" that the bible speaks of that prevents us from seeing the angels that God has placed around us as a religious definition. A scientific explanation for that same example might say the different "frequencies" that other beings/entities exist on that we cannot see or hear or feel, because of the limitations of our senses. Dog whistles are tuned at frequencies beyond our hearing, night vision allows us to see infrared, light levels amplified that we cannot see with our normal eyes.

My point being is to just ask.. what if there is something else beyond the laws written by man? What if there is something else beyond everything that we think that we have "figured out" regarding science. The truth is, is that we don't know everything.

So what if there are a whole set of laws that we are unaware of? Laws perhaps forgotten over the ages? Laws perhaps hidden from our present civilization many, many moons ago in fact to keep us from learning these laws. Our nature seems to challenge and break any rules or laws that are in front of us.

This "conscious mind" that seems to be running through everything in this universe, this "intelligent design" that is seen everywhere, we truly do not understand all of that even for we are just babies in the face of other beings that have obviously displayed technologies far advanced beyond our own.

So to answer your question, can Karma be real? I think sure why not? The truth is almost anything is possible. Scientist cannot seem to explain ghost, just as many religious people seem to not understand or even acknowledge ET's as anything but evil.

"Creation vs Evolution" that argument, well it's seems not be one or the other but a combination of both some evidence seems to point to. The point being there is room for more information there as well.

They say what goes up must come down, if there is smoke there is fire, if you think negative thoughts, negativity will come and find you. Just as if you think positive thoughts, positive things tend to be drawn to you. Thoughts often become words, our words that often become actions, and so on and so on. These things tend to be very true.

Karma for me just tends to be one of those laws that you really can't explain , very often you can see it in action though. Though not every good deed seems to be rewarded, not every wrongful deed seems to get punished. Then again where are we to look for these rewards and punishments? In this life on this side of the fence? Or in an afterlife if you believe in that on the other side of the fence?

Often no one knows but that individual, and most will never talk or tell.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Lol It better be for all the good, i been doing latley.

Second line.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
May the sound of this bell bring you peace and tranquility.

A absolutely phenominal video. the Great Bell Chant

Peace to all who enter herein.

vimeo.com...

I don't know what more to enter herein, it is this phenominal.

My only "agenda" is that this gives you as much tranquility as it did me.

Peace & Unity of and to all humanity.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by ofhumandescent]

[edit on 14-4-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbstatz

I think that there are "universal laws" that haven't been fully realized of researched yet.

Such as the "veils" that the bible speaks of that prevents us from seeing the angels that God has placed around us as a religious definition. A scientific explanation for that same example might say the different "frequencies" that other beings/entities exist on that we cannot see or hear or feel, because of the limitations of our senses.

The universal laws have not been researched yet because we've lost our connection to the universal circuits (intelligence). This disconnection is called by some "the original sin". The veil over human consciousness exists to protect the ego, in order to benefit the experience of the soul. If a man would have that veil removed, without preparation in life, he would go completely insane or loose his spirit. There are many invisible forces involved in the evolution of mankind.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

could karma be real?

It would help if you explained what exactly you mean by "karma."

It might be suggested that karma is simply Newton's third law. "For every action there is an equal an opposite reaction."

It's useful to understand that "equal and opposite" is not quite the same as "identical." If a pebble is dropped into a pond, the pond reacts with ripples. It does not throw the pebble back out, nor does it drop a pond on the pebble. Similarly, if you "do something harmful" to someone, yes there will be results, but those results need not necessarily take the form of you receiving the same manner of harm than you gave.

"As you sow, so shall you reap." If you give seeds to the earth, you will not receive seeds in return. You'll receive full grown plants.

Karma is simply a way of describing the nature of energy.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

i meant karma as in what goes around comes around and people getting their "just desserts" and what not.
but i also mean karma in general as in any form of the phenomenon what so ever

i like your post great job

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Once I learned what "morality plus truth" meant, I understood and began to believe in Karma more than most would understand.

There is something about doing the right thing at the right time because if you are "Choosing" to do right or what is moral then in affect you are fulfilling some better aspect of your life than if you had chosen differently or for the wrong reasons.

Choosing right over wrong and doing so because it is also the truth is an understanding that takes some getting use to, but once you get it, I have no doubt that it will be easier to do the right thing because it does matter and if we don't, we suffer for it with what we call our Karma.

While I am just a single thought among many, I hope you maintain and continue to investigate or educate yourself with Karma. It is much more than just right and wrong and to grasp those teachings will require that you believe in actions called karmic, black vs white, dark vs light, wet vs dry, yin vs yang.

A duality of everything is part of the recipe of what we call Karma and the sooner you begin to see the ingredients to karma, the sooner you can begin to cook up a storm just the way you see it and in the process, discover that you were on the path all along. The correct path vs the incorrect path.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Karma is a tool at this point to give humanity a conscience. With balance the ruling force in the universe we needed something to explain how our actions must be held accountable to this rule.

We ask is it real now. This just shows how small we all are really.

I have used math, observation, predictions, and a clean slate so to speak to test this very question. How you might ask? By watching what happens to others when they purposely hurt me a clean spirit. I will say this I believe in karma very much. Everyone for years now that has hurt me with unjust malice has in just a short time received what most would consider there just.

I have tried to deny it and say it has not even been predicable but I will not lie to myself or you. I can not say i knew what they would receive but I knew how much.

There is a power in believing this with all of your being. Imagine feeling sorry for the poor sap rather than wanting to hurt them yourself. The peace of knowing somehow someone or something is protecting you when you were thought to be on your own.

Did I manifest this spiritual awakening as a way to fulfill my sub-conscience need for success? Always a possibility but I can not deny it and if there is a whole I can find it. Believe me when I say I tried to deny it each time. After a couple times you are wiser and a couple more and you have left little room for denial. From this point you are changed I promise.

Karma is real enough to have changed the worlds perspective by giving hope to the good hearted and fear to the bad. To me this fact makes it very real and undeniable. Proof of karma like everything spiritual is going to need faith in order to hold on to.

new topics

top topics

join