It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Operatives Crash the Tea Party

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

All I see is that the media helped elect Obama, and made sure it was Obama v. McCain. They stayed out of the early primary spotlight so people wouldn't understand how corrupt they are. Politics 101. Obama was grassroots???? Now that's funny.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

You didn't really pay attention at all!

The cliche that the media elected Obama is propaganda to deflect the fact that he was a longshot that made it. If anything, the media was part of the clinton machine.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Removed post. More or less off topic

[edit on 15-4-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
But can the people drive a candidate to office via a grass roots campaign absent any affiliation what-so-ever with the two establsihed parties? That is the question and the next mountain to be climbed.

I actually think Ron Paul had a chance. But he wimped out. He should have gone Independent and REALLY made a push. He won't be able to do it in 2012 because of his past and age.

My issue with the TPM is not neccessarily thier (R) affiliation, but their eagerness to pretend they are something else other than a faction or splinter group of the GOP.

I actually think there are members who do not feel affiliated with the GOP and actually hate the GOP, but they are few and have no power.

Originally posted by Anjin
I can't believe I starred and flagged one of your threads. I guess I should be looking up at sky for falling debris

Thanks. You might be surprised if you really learned my political beliefs. My husband says I'm a "true conservative". That might give you some idea. Don't be fooled by the fact that I voted for Obama and support some of his policies.
Things are not always what they seem at first glance.

I don't know if you posted in this thread, but it's a good one by SkepticOverlord.
The Tea Party is Over - The conspiracy to kill a grassroots movement. My posts in there will give you an idea of where I stand.

Anyway, great responses here!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Well that's more proof that he was not grassroots or a longshot.

He had 13 million email names and 2 million people on social networking sites: I can have this done for myself as they are easily created and fabricated

He didn't accept public money but raised an enormous amount from private sources: Wow, a banker's president...nice, if we were all bankers.

A complete creation by his controllers...I have been paying attention.

I like him as a person...I'd hang out with him...I don't think he should be President...I felt the same way about Bush...except I didn't like Bush as a person.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by ibiubu]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

I contributed a fair amount to Obama. I'm not a banker either.
Why would you imagine that bankers, or any of the PTB would want a President that pro regulation?
These clown cleaned up under the Republican "free market" scam.
Sure, some bankers were contributing, most corporate donors give to everybody under the cover all bases approach, but most of Obama's money was from individuals.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Just a friendly reminder that this thread is in NO WAY about Obama.
It's about the proof that the GOP set out to take over the tea party.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Sorry BH. Of course you're right. I need more coffee.
Went back and edited my post out.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Back to the Repubs.

I knew they would do this, following the pattern of going after the fundie Christian vote. They definatly had a strategy and plan as to how the get that vote, and I knew they would do the same to the TP.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Bottom line...

Freedomworks and Dick Armey...they took over the movement almost immediately.

FreedomWorks is a conservative non-profit organization based in Washington D.C., United States. FreedomWorks trains volunteer activists and wages campaigns to encourage them to mobilize, engage fellow citizens, and influence their political representatives. Several of FreedomWorks' campaigns have been described as "astroturfing," or projecting the false impression of grassroots organizing.[1][2][3] FreedomWorks' spokesmen have denied this characterization

en.wikipedia.org...

Only one month before that populist moment on Capitol Hill, Armey was employed as a lobbyist by leading international "consulting firm" DLA Piper. In that capacity, from 2005 to 2009, Armey promoted the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran, otherwise known as Mujahedeen-e-Khalq (MEK), which the State Department has branded a terrorist group. Armey lobbied his former colleagues on behalf of legislation that would have provided taxpayer support to the MEK.

Armey’s work as a lobbyist—during which time he also served as chairman of FreedomWorks and organized Tea Party protests—is not mentioned in his FreedomWorks biography. This omission can perhaps be explained by the anti-lobbyist sentiments held by so many Tea Partiers. At the first national Tea Party Convention held in Nashville in February, former Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin spouted off on the Obama administration’s failure to eliminate lobbyists and cronyism in D.C. during her keynote speech and the crowd burst into loud applause

www.inthesetimes.com...

Dick Armey..Allegations of Sexual Harassment and Political Infighting
In 1998, during the Monica Lewinsky scandal, a reporter asked him what he would do if he were in President Bill Clinton's position. He replied "If I were in the President's place I would not have gotten a chance to resign. I would be lying in a pool of my own blood, hearing Mrs. Armey standing over me saying, 'How do I reload this damn thing?'"[5] Several of his former female economics students went public with stories of his sexually harassing them — harassment allegedly so severe that at least one student transferred to another school. He would later divorce his wife and marry one of his students

Alleged role in organized disruptions of August 2009 town hall meetings on health care reform

In 2009, FreedomWorks launched a campaign against health care reform proposals, accusing the Obama administration of attempting to "socialize medicine".[13] Referencing a piece entitled "On Private Conference Call, Tea Party Organizers Say No Reform At All is Goal" on Greg Sargent's liberal blog The Plum Line, [14] Rachel Maddow argued in her investigative report entitled "TRMS Investigates FreedomWorks" [15] that the right's strategy was to disrupt and shut down the August 2009 town hall congressional meetings on health care reform[15] by “scaring real Americans with increasingly paranoid and kooky lies about health care and then providing a script for how to express that fear.”[16] At many of the town halls Democratic "members of Congress have been shouted down, hanged in effigy and taunted by crowds" [17] in an apparent organized effort to rattle the congresspeople presiding over the meetings rather than to seek a compromise solution to health care reform.

In addition to being the chair of FreedomWorks, Dick Armey was a senior policy adviser for DC-based lobbying firm DLA Piper, whose recent and/or current clients include "pharmaceutical maker Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, ... health care provider Metropolitan Health Networks, and the pharmaceutical firm Medicines Company," [15] all entities that might benefit financially from seeing health care reform defeated.

Dick Armey's concurrent posts with both FreedomWorks and DLA Piper became particularly controversial in light of the $1,290,000 DLA Piper received in 2009 from the pharmaceutical company Medicines Co.[19] In the report cited above, Maddow also cited the example of The American Council of Life Insurers, which paid DLA Piper $100,000 shortly before FreedomWorks lobbied to deregulate life insurance, as one instance of a possible conflict of interest involving Armey and the two organizations.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

If the "Tea Party" members haven't caught on by now, they never will!

They'll never catch on. Have you seen these people? They're prime examples of "heehaw's". More so then not, what they say is outlandish and ridiculous.

The Tea Party express bus is the equivalent of a mental institutional bus ride. Nothing but wackos screaming hell for no reason.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Just a little bump to continue point out the blatant hypocrisy of the TPM or GOP is a more appropriate acronym.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Olbermann covered this very well.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Repubs and their CON JOB ON THE CHRISTAINS - works wonderfully in obtaining the votes of the non-wealthy, just as planned! The repub supporters are PROS at spreading propaganda and misinformation with their main ammunition being fear. All the repub lies that float around can ALWAYS be proven total nonsense by 5 minutes worth of researching the actual truth of the topic. They will try any attempt to tarnish a Democrat by ANY means necessary. Repub supporters consist of:

1) the incredibly WEALTHY whom would fight tooth and nail against paying a MINUSCULE amount more in taxes (the equivalent of a nickel more a month for a common citizens wealth) for the benefit of improving the hardest working middle class and lower class folks. They hate the middle class and viciously despise the lower class.

2) the FAITH card. To receive the votes of the non-wealthy, they play the Christian faith card. These supporters are the most foolish as NOTHING that the repubs actually do favor any christ-like intentions whatsoever. They use this card for the foolish religious folks whom are mostly middle and lower classes. WORKS LIKE A CHARM!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I pointed this out at the start of it.

I told friends and family that this "Tea Party Express" would hijack/subvert the entire movement. Fox news, Palin, Hannity, and Beck all have a hand in this.

What bothers me, is why did the media take so long to point this out?

This is the second story I have to give Olbermann kudos for(the other for criticising Obama's assassination of American citizens program) and normally I can't stand the guy.

[edit on 16/4/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
What or who is a true conservative?

I know you are asking someone else, but Barry Goldwater was the last true Conservative that this country has seen. Since then it has been a bastardization of the principles...

As for the GOP infiltrating the movement, it happens on both sides. No excuses being made, it is akin to the Democratic party infiltrating the anti-war movement and making it their own when President Bush was in office, but sense have not made a big stink about it....

It is sad that the two parties are using the people in such a way and besides the handful of people here, no one really cares.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
What bothers me, is why did the media take so long to point this out?

I think because they didn't have proof. I also mentioned it as my suspicion a while ago, but this is the first time there's been something solid to back it up.

Karl Rove Helps Advance Tea Party "Grassroots" Fiction And Hide Its GOP Affiliation

As I posted earlier, the Tea Party Express has been outed by Politico as a GOP PAC. But Karl Rove appeared on Happening Now today to further the fiction that it’s a grass roots organization and to obscure its Republican Party affiliation. Host Jane Skinner aided and abetted in the falsehood. To add insult to journalistic injury, Fox News called the video “Tea Party’s True Colors.” With video.

Skinner began her interview with Rove by referring to a NY Times poll indicating that tea party supporters are “wealthier and more educated than the general public.” She did not mention the Politico story we reported on yesterday revealing that the Tea Party Express is a Republican-affiliated PAC raising money to support Republican candidates and attack Democratic ones – as part of an effort to raise its own political profile.

I wonder if they can keep this a secret from the Tea Partiers until November? If all they watch is FOX "News" then they might be able to.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I just posted a thread about a New York Times/CBS News poll of people who associate themselves with the Tea Party.

Surprisingly, they are somewhat more likely to be wealthier and better educated as a whole than their counterparts in other political movements and than their public persona might imply. My impression heretofore has been that they are average middle and working class members.

Not surprisingly, they tend to be overwhelmingly white.

From this it would appear that Tea Partiers have much more in common with mainstream Republicans than perhaps they admit. They are both parties of the rich, by the rich and for the rich.

Ever give any thought to the possibility that the Tea party members are in large part in the 47% that have to actually pay the federal income taxes? Maybe they are just tired of other people living off their dime!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Another sour grapes thread from the left. The TPM is the most successful grassroots movement in American politics for the past 40 years.

Liberals have that constipated look on their face when they discuss the TPM, simply because the TPM stands against everything they stand for. Large government. Government control of all aspects of our society and economy. Being part of One World Government.

I will say this next part slowly, since it hasn't sunk in to some people yet....

The TPM is NOT a political party. It is a very robust grassroots movement made up of a wide spectrum of Americans from Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, moonbats, treehuggers, bible-thumpers and a lot more.

Hopefully as the TPM matures, it will NEVER become a political party. Instead, it will fashion itself after the NRA, which is a GOAL-ORIENTED organization, concerned only with 2nd Amendment issues.

The TPM is NOT part of the GOP (Lordy mama, who keeps tossing that one around?)

The TPM doesn't have a platform, a national leader, or a secret decoder ring.

And citing Keith Olbermann and Politico as info sources on the TPM is downright silly and naive. KO couldn't utter a positive word about the TPM if his life depended upon it.

Now maybe the GOP wants to be associated with the TPM. SO WHAT? It's better than wanting to be associated with ACORN or the SEIU. But that doesn't make the TPM part of the GOP.

Face it. The left is terrified of the TPM, just as they were scared off by little Sarah Palin. And as Obama continues to commit one mistake after another, and the Democrats continue to slide in the polls as November approaches, we can expect more of this panicky reaction from the left.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

This is the face of the TPM that disturbs me...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 17-4-2010 by whaaa]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join