It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious conspiracy possibly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I was wondering if people noticed how certain religions typically target a certain (race) of people. I am curious if the sequence of words, and the way they use the language to portray the religion plays a major role in this? I think language is our biggest barrier. It is so weird how they create these differences between us.

P.S. - I think i am going to take a closer look at how the english language was developed. I also want to take a closer look at our original languages were developed. If that information is available anyway.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Part of the answer is that historical events lead them in different directions.

Christianity began at the eastern end of a great empire, and so naturally spread westwards and into Europe.

Islam started in Arabia and was spread by conquest- westwards into Africa, northwards into Turkey, and east.

Hinduism and Buddhism both began in India, but Buddhism spread on the trade routes to China and other eastern areas.

Having said that, language does help to shape the way we think, and a classic case is the difference between the Hebrew base of Judaism and the originally Greek theology of Christianity.

If you do want to start looking at the origins of the English language, you will find that it is German-based with a heavy mixture of French.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
One important thing to remember is that Freemasons and their little sect are goddless heathens that love devil worship. Freemason Symbolism can be seen in movies and the symbols shown prove the worship Bahamut.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hesphastus
One important thing to remember is that Freemasons and their little sect are goddless heathens that love devil worship. Freemason Symbolism can be seen in movies and the symbols shown prove the worship Bahamut.

Lol, mate are you serious?

Go Google "secrets of Freemasonry".

new topics

top topics

join