It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My favorite "evil" company Monsanto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
If there was ever a company where "every single employee" was headed for the nether regions:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

According to the research, animals fed on three strains of genetically modified maize created by the U.S. biotech firm Monsanto suffered signs of organ damage after just three months.

The findings only came to light after Monsanto was forced to publish its raw data on safety tests by anti-GM campaigners.

The analysis concluded: 'These substances have never before been an integral part of the human or animal diet and therefore their health consequences for those who consume them, especially over long time periods are currently unknown.'

Monsanto claimed the analysis of its data was 'based on faulty analytical methods and reasoning, and does not call into question the safety findings for these products'.

--
The company which brought you Agent Orange & the watered down version Round-up as well as bovine growth hormones to make cows give more (now bad) milk. You gotta love a company like that. All these troubles & still going strong. Can a wooden stake large enough ever be found to put this monster down? Don't think so.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I could be wrong but my concern with fascism has always been that the company superimposes over its employees a "mask" or a parental authority by which they can avoid the responsibilities of being a decent and responsible member of humanity. In other words, you could be a regular dude (or dudette) that would never engage in the diabolical scheming pervasive in modern corporations, on your own. The company, even if subconsciously, absorbs any guilt, misgivings or questions of propriety.

But as only an individual within the great force that is the company, you are less inclined, and often pressured, to not tackle issues yourself because someone else will do it, the government will regulate it or there are higher-ups who know better than you. And on top of that, these days, no one wants to willingly jeopardize their job.

I think about this when I think about companies like Monsanto, in particular. Unfortunately, I think the reality is that the true leadership of this company can't hide behind any mask because they have their own authority and can't legitimately pass the buck.

Not that you or I didn't already know this, but there truly are people who honestly don't care about A) themselves B) their own families and friends C) others D) frightening things like the world's water supply, the content of our collective soil, the destruction of the natural balance of our global agricultural system.

Perhaps the jokes on me, but I wonder what these people think when they take their grandchild to the mall and they want a Cinn-a-bon or something equally nefarious. And they know the grain that produced the flour that's made that dough is unnatural, at best, and absolutely lethal, at worst.

I don't believe in the devil or anything like that, so I can't blame that, but I do not know how these people sleep at night.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I bought some roundup yesterday to kill my lawn. So far nothing's happened and it looks as green and weed infested as ever, even though it says that I'd see results within 24 hours.

Screw you monsanto!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
I bought some roundup yesterday to kill my lawn. So far nothing's happened and it looks as green and weed infested as ever, even though it says that I'd see results within 24 hours.

Screw you monsanto!

Would you put that stuff on your lawn if you had well water?

[edit on 15-4-2010 by virraszto]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto

Screw you monsanto!

Would you put that stuff on your lawn if you had well water?

[edit on 15-4-2010 by virraszto]

I don't have well water. Who does in this day in age? I live in a city and all I care about is killing my damned lawn and all of the weeds in the garden.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by RMFX1]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
There are a lot of people who have well water, including myself. I wouldn't put this stuff on my lawn period. I don't put anything on my yard that will seep into my water, or that could have some affect on toads, frogs, worms, wildlife, etc.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I live in a city and all I care about is killing my damned lawn and all of the weeds in the garden.

I live in the city and hate mowing/watering my lawn. For the last few years I have done zero watering and when I mow, I set the blade as low to the ground as I can get it (I mean that sucker is kicking up dust and rocks). Now, after years of hard work, all the plants in my lawn are native species of low growing forbs...and I might mow 2 or 3 times all year! The only reason I even mow that often is because sometimes I get weeds (a.k.a. grass
) growing and need to kill it off.

P.S. I watched a documentary 2 days ago on the Sundance Channel called "World According to Monsanto"...they truly do seem like an evil corporation...but, then again, what Corp. isn't evil!

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
There needs to be a global ban by every human being
on this planet to not buy anything Monsanto.

"Monsanto foods?" - NO, thank you.
"Monsanto plants" - NO, thank you.
"Monsanto umbrellas" - NO, nice try, but NO.

Monsanto board of directors need to be tracked down
and companies on boards of which they co-reside need
to be collectively banned as well.

GreenPeace needs to put itself together into organizing this action.
Together, plus WikiLeaks, we can make it happen.

This ain't a joke -
Monsanto is evil.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by eventHorizon]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I spent the first 5 years of my life in Anniston Alabama, the most toxic town in America thanks to Monsanto knowingly leaking PCBs into the water table for years. A relative knows one of the lawyers who toook Monsanto to court and got a rather large settlement for the town. Monsanto is truely Evil.

"A corporation, essentially, is a pile of money to which a number of persons have sold their moral allegiance." - Wendel Berry

new topics

top topics

join