It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary: Florida to Use Computers to Predict Criminal Behavior

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Scary: Florida to Use Computers to Predict Criminal Behavior

gizmodo.com

There are no naked pre-cogs inside glowing jacuzzis yet, but the Florida State Department of Juvenile Justice will use analysis software to predict crime by young delinquents, putting potential offenders under specific prevention and education programs. Goodbye, human rights!

They will use this software on juvenile delinquents, using a series of variables to determine the potential for these people to commit another crime. Depending on this probability, they will put them under specific re-e
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
finance.yahoo.com

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Predictive analytics gives government organizations worldwide a highly-sophisticated and intelligent source to create safer communities by identifying, predicting, responding to and preventing criminal activities. It gives the criminal justice system the ability to draw upon the wealth of data available to detect patterns, make reliable projections and then take the appropriate action in real time to combat crime and protect citizens.

Well, like the article says, goodbye human rights!

gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This is technology used in it's infancy as if it had years of evolution.

That is worse than this

No I didn't mean the acting

But the storyline, think of the plot
that is the future with advanced technology to predict behavior
this is in it's infancy

this is worse than really bad

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
geez, this is sad
they are taking out the factor of choice
and inserting their own will into the equation

somebody say
Minority Report

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

i think its a good thing. nothing wrong with advanced security to keep law abiding citizens safe. criminals lose their rights once they commit a crime...because their criminials.

did wish drugs could be tested through the air, having bots on every corner that test would quicken up the process while making it extremely hard to get the drugs, which is the best way to fight drugs. not clog up our system with addicts, but to make sure they aren't addicts in the first place.

and the only way to make people not become addicts is fear.
and the only way to make people not become criminals is fear.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

That's my school! Woohoo! My ex-wife has her degree in criminology from FSU. My current wife has her Psychology degree from FSU!

Believe me, no real work gets done in those departments, it is all theory, and book rights, and publications. The police department doesn't use a bit of it. The law makers might. They are the scary ones!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This will last about as long as it takes for the first smart lawyer to get into court and argue infront of a judge that this is against the very principle of innocent before proven guilty and it will be dismanteled. It may be accurate, however the basics of being human is that the species is totally unpredicatable.

top topics

join