It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worldwide Civil Unrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
so check this out:

Muslim clashes in Jakarta
www.demotix.com...

At least 70 police vehicles were torched by demonstrators during clashes with police near a cemetery outside Jakarta's international port, Indonesia on April 14, 2010. Two people were killed and dozens injured in bloody clashes between security forces and people protesting at the bulldozing of a cemetery containing the remains of a Muslim scholar

The red Shirts step up protests
bigpondnews.com...

Thailand's anti-government 'Red Shirts' have vowed to expand a mass protest in Bangkok as the death toll from the civil unrest rose to 22

New 'no colours' group to rally tomorrow to back government
www.bangkokpost.com...

A new movement claiming not to be aligned with either the red or yellow shirts plans to gather tomorrow in front of the 11th Infantry Regiment in Bang Khen district in a show of support for the (Thai) government

10 injured in Kashmir clashes
sify.com...

Ten people, including five policemen, were injured as protestors clashed with the security forces Wednesday in Jammu and Kashmir's Sopore town, police said

S. African union strike gets violent
www.presstv.ir...

Members of the South African Municipal Workers' Union (SAMWU) have resorted to violent protests in major cities on Wednesday after three days of strikes

Stirrings of less violent protest in Hamas-ruled Gaza
www.google.com...

After years of armed struggle, growing numbers of Gazans are now taking up the kind of "popular resistance" pioneered in the West Bank, where similar weekly protests against Israel's controversial separation barrier have emerged as a central expression of the Palestinian cause

Greeks Strike Ahead of Key Tax-Reform Vote
online.wsj.com...

Greece was hit by a series of strikes and work stoppages Wednesday as various groups protested government austerity measures ahead of a key parliamentary vote on tax reform expected Thursday

Postal workers threaten general strike
www.thinkspain.com...

Almost 5,000 postal workers took to the streets of Madrid today to protest at the planned privatisation of the nation's postal service and have threatened to call a general strike in June if the Ministry of Public works refuses to come to the negiotating table.

is it just me or is there perhaps a rise in civil unrest in the world today? anymore examples? any thoughts? i can also add that here in americana that there be some major marches/protests comin up on the 19th. maybe the leaders of them try to play it down some but ill just come right out and say that they are indeed, anti-government protests. (2nd amendment march/articles of freedom protests)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Perhaps our demonstrations will show some gusto, but I bet they will just be a lot of slogan-chanting and holding signs. Americans rarely riot.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The marches on the 19th could potentially be fairly big, who knows how much media coverage it will get though. As far as the rest of the world I'm not sure if people are truly waking up to government corruption or finally saying enough is enough? Or is it just a standard day on Earth? Too bad not enough people see the power of civil disobedience, TPTB's system doesn't work without willing participants.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

"is it just me or is there perhaps a rise in civil unrest in the world today?"

lol, I would say that is a drastic understatement

the whole world is fighting .... and DYING

from one ill or another

death by a thousand cuts
is just as bad as a nuclear explosion

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I don't think we here in the USA are going to remain on the sidelines for much longer... this entire fiasco that has been slapped upon all of us is a lit fuse...

There are (right now) peaceful protests all over the place and today is no exception to that. But with unemployment at or approaching 20 % total (including all people).. the pressure is building up.

Now with the obama clan putting a special unit in place or training as it were to deal with domestic issues... they had better realize that for every one of the soldiers there with a gun there might well be 10 civilians there as well...
I am not saying that will happen but there is a potential of a disaster being planned into place and the voters or protesters will not have a thing to do with it... but it will be staged. And that very contingency is being waged as well by the very people protesting.

The mid terms will decide a great deal of things and I am thinking that a lot of it is going to hand the obama and his thugs their collective butts and they are going to do whatever they have to to make it look as though those that protest or speak out are either racist or just militants...

also, watch the MSM and their antics... they have lost what little credability they had, and will do damn near anything to place themselves in the good graces of the liberal left... and that means no matter what it takes.

scary times folks.... so if the pricks are gonna open the dance I would suggest that people do any protesting in the most peaceful of manners and do not .... I repeat DO NOT do anything that will cause an incident. To make voices heard there must be a concerted effort to avoid any and all clashes. However if they fire the first shot, it is over for them. The government will topple and it then becomes a blood war.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilwolf
However if they fire the first shot, it is over for them. The government will topple
and it then becomes a blood war.

they're gonna fire the first shot alright
and it is gonna hit their own ranks
and they are gonna blame us for it
and say we started it.
U know just as well as I do
the Gov gonna put their spin
on everything. just hope somebody
records all this. I got a feeling our future
generations are gonna be looking back over
those video clips just like we have for the
past 9 yrs about 9/11.

Gov fired first!!!

No, the people fired first!!!

Look at the video right there, u can see the smoke
coming out of that gun barrel.

No, he was just exhaling a cigarette and it bypassed
the gun barrel, see the blue lighter in his jacket pocket
is still hot with thermate

I can see it now, all the future conspiracies
posted all over youtube

[edit on 14-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

i am aware of that but this doesnt include war. im talking civil unrest.

Disillusioned Kurds warn Ankara of fresh violence
www.thepeninsulaqatar.com... 22142.xml

Leaders of Turkey's Kurds have warned Ankara of rekindled violence as disillusionment descends on the restive community over faltering promises of reform and a massive police crackdown. "There are dozens of arrests every day. I have not seen such oppression since the 1990s," lamented Meral Danis Bestas, deputy chairwoman of Turkey's main Kurdish political movement, the Peace and Democracy Party (BDP).

Kyrgyzstan May Erupt Into Civil War, Medvedev Says
www.businessweek.com...

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said Kyrgyzstan is on the verge of civil war after riots in the capital that left 82 people dead, and could become a “second Afghanistan” plagued by foreign extremists

Car bomb defused outside N.Ireland police station
www.google.com...

The army in Northern Ireland defused a car bomb outside a police station Tuesday, police said, which was planted one day after a blast claimed by dissident Republican paramilitaries.

Special army unit ready to be deployed on American soil just before Nov. elections
www.stumpreport.com...

In October of this year, one month prior to the November midterm elections, a special army unit known as ‘Consequence Management Response Force’ will be ready for deployment on American soil if so ordered by the President.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
You guys, this can all be summed up in one pretty telling word.. This is the COLLAPSE.

Well, It is at least symptoms of the collapse of industrialized civilization, that being we are as a collective in the "anger" phase of the 5 stages of grief.

If you aren't familiar with the writing of names such as Richard Heinberg, Micheal Ruppert, Gerald Celente, Matthew Simmons, and the list goes on, then I'd suggest go out and see what these guys are saying.

They all warned of this YEARS ago. What we are seeing now is only the beginning as people around the globe are getting angrier and angrier as things get worse and worse and our way of life crumbles.

It is hitting the less "developed" and weaker nations first but don't be fooled... It is coming at the West like a freight train and there is no stopping it. You look around and may think this all looks bad, well wait till it hits the West my friends.

You will have your beloved scenario of martial law in the streets, you'll have your revolts and it will be like nothing we have ever seen. Our global economic paradigm is dead as a door nail, only being held up by a paper funny money band aid that is akin to a paper band aid medicated for a shotgun blast to the cranium..

Now I know a the majority here simply love their conspiracies and call "Conspiracy!" on almost everything, but you may want to look into Peak Oil or Peak Energy as a whole.

Wasted blundered and pilfered finite energy is now colliding with an economic paradigm the requires infinite growth and stability to even exist. It ain't working.

"The Party's Over" as Richard Heinberg says! These revolutions and angry as hell protests are the people of the world coming down off the high times of the 100 or so year long party we have all thrown, provided by cheap abundant energy... It's a global hangover now and it's spreading fast

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Nomad451]

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Nomad451]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
If you think there is something with the stars - If your inclined that way, this may have something to do w/ it -

The Aries New Moon

[NM]

The New Moon in Aries, taking place this year on Wednesday, April 14th, is always particularly exciting, since the Sun is in the beginning of the Zodiac. It is an important new beginning in the midst of the new beginning represented by the burgeoning springtime.

This mid-week and mid-month event is typical of the powerful mid-month New Moon lunations of the past few months, which contacted the outer planet energy of first Neptune and then Uranus. This time the New Moon conjuncts Eris, the recently named trans-Neptunian which has a symbolism similar to Pluto and Mars, but of a feminine militarism. Eris represents a female warrior archetype, as befits the imagery of her counterpart in Greek mythology, the sister of the God of War. Eris seems also to represent the struggle for the resources of the natural world, a symbolism quite fitting for our times. We may in these next thirty days see examples of powerful and even combative energy in pursuit of necessary resources, both in our personal lives and in world events, as we have seen already in various manifestations since the time of the Iraq war, when she was first discovered.

This New Moon also kicks off a period of time when Mercury turns retrograde (on the 17th) and when Saturn exactly opposes Uranus near month's end, bringing polarity even more to the fore in our politics and in our lives in general. Then within the very next lunation cycle, at nearly the end of May, Uranus enters Aries and squares Pluto, indicating a time of powerful change for America and all over the world. It's going to be an interesting spring.

Either that, or a lot of people read the newspaper and it's a self fulfilling prophecy ~

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore
If you think there is something with the stars - If your inclined that way, this may have something to do w/ it -

Rare “Cardinal Climax” Planetary Alignment This Summer Puts Stocks at Risk, says Veteran Sky Watcher
Mar 31, 2010

This summer the planets form a rare “Cardinal Climax” alignment, which puts financial markets at risk, says Arch Crawford. Publisher of Crawford Perspectives since 1977, the veteran sky watcher uses a mix of technical analysis and astrology to gauge which way equities and other asset classes are headed. To learn more about this unorthodox investment process, I recently spoke to Mr. Crawford about some of his best calls, what day the Cardinal Climax strikes, and how to prepare for the turmoil he expects. Here is an edited version of our conversation.

Full Text

I don't subscribe to Arch Crawford's service and I don't trade him , but given his successful track record , I wouldn't be quick to fade him either. Perhaps an ATS astrology buff can offer additional input on the looming “Cardinal Climax” ?

TIA

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Ok , call it coincidence...I just located a recent interview dated yesterday , April 14.

GoldSeek Radio: Chris Waltzek with Arch Crawford.

Link

I investigated the Bradley Model a few years ago just out of curiosity and was made aware that Crawford has a large & influential following (kudos from Prechter for example) , but it seems most high profile traders won't publicize their interest in Crawford's methodology out of fear of being branded.

Anyway , fascinating stuff.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by OBE1]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...~y2010m4d13-Special-army-unit-ready-to-be-deployed-on-Ame rican-soil-just-before-Nov-elections&h=fc8a6f4777817f1f1987c7e2729d49c1

renowned political analysts around the world are saying that The Summer of 2010 will be one of change, chaos, false flags, and military strikes against united states citizens rallying against an oppressive facist government.

humanity is becoming restless.
finally people are waking up.
can't wait for this summer!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It seems to me that The New World Order fell behind on their worldwide agenda several year back. Now they are playing catch up and the sheeple world wide are awakening to their efforts thanks to the Internet and Forums like ATS.

I personaly believe here in the united States We are only a few short months away from wide spread civil unrest.

The Tea Baggers are starting to realize their letters, petitions, and rallies have accomplished nothing. I try to tell them if they protest First, they don't need to ask permision by obtaining a permit. Secondly the protest does not end to a result is acheived. Americans have forgoten how to protest.

Also Add the the Fire burning in the Patriot movement The Restore America Plan (RAP), and the Continental Congress 2009 (CC2009) Articles of Freedom.

More on RAP: Provost Marshals to Serve 50 Governors

April 19 1775 transitioning to April 19 2010

More On CC2009: CC 2009 Articles of Freedom

Continental Congress 2009

Now the Media has Painted RAP as "Extreemist" and "Fringe Group", but with nothing else having any effect I think its time to be Bold. As Americans we must exhaust all posible peaceful solutions. In 1176 we had the Declaration of Independence, 2010 we have the Articles of Freedom and the Restore America Plan.

I as most are Skeptical that any peaceful solution will work, but we must try.

April 19th is only a few days away and I ponder what events will Mark that day in 2010.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jackalope_hunter

I posted a thread concerning the same thing a few days ago I believe it fits in here as well.

Special army unit ready to be deployed on American soil

I know it has been in the works for some time but the Team will be operational in a few months and ready for domestic deployment.

edit for spelling

[edit on 16-4-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
All that is needed to start riots up in New Zealand just like the 1930s is the Government with a stroke of the pen to cancel everyone's unemployment benefit,invalid benefit,sickness benefit and emergency benefits.There has been talk lately that cancelling people's benefits or social security can fund tax cuts.If the NZ Government does that they will not just see people going mad but also rioting

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Mr_Alex]

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

All aid needs to be pulled from these muslim countries! Think of the millions of dollars Americans generously gave after the tsunami, Americans gave to help there fellow man. Now we are being told "F*** You! by Indonesians.

www.smh.com.au...

JAKARTA: A mob of Indonesian Islamists waving jihad flags attacked the US embassy yesterday, throwing rocks and bricks, but they were repelled by tear gas and riot police.

indonesia.usaid.gov...

United States Provides $100,000 for Humanitarian Assistance for Maluku Flood and Landslide Victims

7 August 2012 | Jakarta

The United States will provide $100,000 in humanitarian assistance to those affected by the recent flood and landslide in Ambon. The U.S. Agency for International...
U.S. Pledges $2 Million in Aid for Eruption and Tsunami Disasters

29 October 2010 | Jakarta

Jakarta, October 29 – Ambassador Scot Marciel has announced that the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) will provide $2 million in humanitarian assistance in response to...
U.S. Provides Assistance to Indonesians Displaced by Mount Sinabung Eruption

13 September 2010

Jakarta, Sept. 13 -- The U.S. government, through the Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), is providing...
U.S. Provides US$ 300,000 Earthquake Grant

3 October 2009 | Jakarta

Jakarta -- As part of its initial $3.3 million commitment to the Padang Earthquake Response Effort, the United States Government (USG) is immediately providing a...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

I agree.
The US should pull all of its aid from countries who's people are against us (sure their government likes our money)
And the US should remove all of its people from these countries as well, be they red cross, military, religous, charitable.

And use these resources to strengthen the US. Build infrastructure, re-enforce borders. Retrain soldiers to be better prepared to re-enter society as productive members of a new economy.

Aaaaand give it a couple years for these countries peoples to be screaming for help from the US to fix their problems.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

It's hard to establish some trends, because the necessary data don't really exist. The UN can care less, so no one else studies the problem and that means the answer to the question where things are going is anyone's guess.

top topics

join