It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Sign of Empire Pathology More US military personnel have taken their OWN lives than have died in a

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

A Sign of Empire Pathology More US military personnel have taken their OWN lives than have died in action

www.globalresearch.ca

Here is a shocking statistic that you won't hear in most western news media: over the past nine years, more US military personnel have taken their own lives than have died in action in either the wars in Iraq or Afghanistan. These are official figures from the US Department of Defence, yet somehow they have not been deemed newsworthy to report. Last year alone, more than 330 serving members of the US armed forces committed suicide - more than the 320 killed in Afghanistan and the 150 who fell in Iraq (see wsws.org).
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What does it say when it is more dangerous to survive a war than fight it? Or is it really about cleaning up the mess by TPTB? At any rate this is a real wake up call about the state of the empire.What would cause a soldier to fight for their life while deployed then self destruct after their service is complete?Anyone care to venture a conspiratorial positive to a lack of battle trained people in the general pop?
N.

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.of norml
What would cause a soldier to fight for their life while deployed then self destruct after their service is complete?

maybe I'm wrong here but I thought
these suicides happened while they were active duty.
As they are considered civilians and not counted
in this list after getting their DD-214.
Maybe u read it wrong
or maybe I did

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I don't think that TPTB really give a # about these soldiers and consider them cannon fodder to advance their Middle East agenda. Who was it, Kissinger that said soldiers are "dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy." I don't think you would hear too much about soldier suicide rates in the lapdog media, it's bad for recruiting. I almost enlisted in the Marines back in 2004, glad I didn't go. All the guys I know who have been to either Iraq or Afghanistan have come back changed, and not for the better.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well, the big problem is that most civilians don't have jobs where you can get killed.

Not too many burger flippers at the local Mickey Ds have to worry about an IED.

The military is a stressful life, especially now with the wars going on. Guys are going to handle it different ways.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by N.of norml
What would cause a soldier to fight for their life while deployed then self destruct after their service is complete?

maybe I'm wrong here but I thought
these suicides happened while they were active duty.
As they are considered civilians and not counted
in this list after getting their DD-214.
Maybe u read it wrong
or maybe I did

I did read it wrong. The truth is even more disturbing with the number claimed being 6000 suicides by returned personnel.
So we have more suicides than war deaths in country and many times that upon return. Read mistakenly or not the facts are disturbing from either point.
N.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Yeah...
1. Not newsworthy to tell the families of soldiers that the best way they increase the survival of their loved ones, is to make sure they are coping with life.
2. Not newsworthy to let the terrorist enermy know how little they're violence means, and how much it therefore only plays into the military industrial, complexes, microphone hands!
3. As a matter of fact, it's never newsworthy to educate the public know the what is going on. It's only newsworthy to let them know about what's happened, and that way it joins a truth we can, and do forget.

P.S The other warriors haven't sacrificed their lives, defending a "functional" democracy!!!

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I hope I live to see the day when the word PATHOCRACY becomes common knowledge and is used to primarily describe the politics-governments of this era, but that certainly wouldn't be in the world as we know it. One can hope.

new topics

top topics

join