It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does it seem that women rarely believe in UFOs and ETs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Yes but...

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.

I read that in a book once.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm a woman and I believe in UFO's. It took me forever to convince my husband. Our son still don't believe. He calls us crack pots.

QueenBob

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viper2
I have noticed that usually women (at least the ones I've talked to) are very uninterested in UFOs and ETs and simply don't believe either exists. It took me a while to convince my wife that there is almost definitely intelligent life on other planets. Now she believes, to the point that we saw the movie "The Fourth Kind" and she actually believed the movie more than I did, but eventually we found out the whole movie was a hoax.

However, in general it seems that women don't want to believe in UFOs and ETs. Why is that? Why would most of them rather discuss about celebrities, reality shows, gossip, and other frivolous fluffy nonsense instead of discussing fascinating intelligent topics like UFOs and ETs?

Wow, I don't like being dumped in the "general" category. Are most of the women you talk to in a certain age group? Like... young?

I don't mind discussing UFOs and ETs, but finding someone to discuss them with is hard. I don't know if I believe in them or not. Maybe I'm afraid that I'll find out the whole thing is a huge hoax? Then all the time I spent learning, listening and believing would have been wasted, when I could have been learning something else.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well well well.... I am a female and into the sci fi and UFO's stuff. I have seen things that I don't truly understand but hey, I grew up in an era where you didn't talk about things like that or they would send you off to the loony bin! Gee come to think of it I got into sci fi and UFO's at a very young age... the age of 7. LOL Have to admit my teachers did think I was strange and have a vivid imagination.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
I just asked my wife about UFOs, etc. and she said "I doubt it and I really don't care if they exist or not." I guess you are right lol.

Do we share a wife??? That's the exact quote of what mine said!

[edit on 14/4/10 by Insomniac]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
My wife had a casual interest until I told her about a alleged human abduction/mutilation that occurred near where we reside. Now she is all into it (I am doing my own mini-investigation into it for a thread here on ATS-she is my assistant).

Anyway, now when I see a good story or video of UFO's/Aliens, I have to call her in and she reviews and we discuss etc. Our boy had a strong interest but he got a girlfriend and his interest in the whole UFO thing kind of wondered off....

I agree with you though, most could care less. S&F (from my wife
)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
When I came to ATS, I believed whole heartedly in Aliens and UFO's.
Till a man showed me otherwise.

There are UFO's..make no mistake.
But aliens are not flying around in them.

Now wait a minute there AD....

That requires some explanation!

What man showed you otherwise?

and who is flying around in the UFOs?

Topic....my GF thinks there are craft piloted by aliens, multidimensional critters, and demons.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by AccessDenied
When I came to ATS, I believed whole heartedly in Aliens and UFO's.
Till a man showed me otherwise.

There are UFO's..make no mistake.
But aliens are not flying around in them.

Now wait a minute there AD....

That requires some explanation!

What man showed you otherwise?

and who is flying around in the UFOs?

Topic....my GF thinks there are craft piloted by aliens, multidimensional critters, and demons.

Lexion showed me otherwise..here on the boards and discussions off site.
UFO's are military craft...and NO, they are not reverse engineered.
They are also not designed for space travel per se, as much as multi dimensional travel.
Ya'll can contemplate that for awhile.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join