It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does it seem that women rarely believe in UFOs and ETs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I have noticed that usually women (at least the ones I've talked to) are very uninterested in UFOs and ETs and simply don't believe either exists. It took me a while to convince my wife that there is almost definitely intelligent life on other planets. Now she believes, to the point that we saw the movie "The Fourth Kind" and she actually believed the movie more than I did, but eventually we found out the whole movie was a hoax.

However, in general it seems that women don't want to believe in UFOs and ETs. Why is that? Why would most of them rather discuss about celebrities, reality shows, gossip, and other frivolous fluffy nonsense instead of discussing fascinating intelligent topics like UFOs and ETs?

Opinions?

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Viper2]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viper2
However, in general it seems that women don't want to believe in UFOs and ETs. Why is that? Why would most of them rather discuss about celebrities, reality shows, gossip, and other frivolous fluffy nonsense instead of discussing fascinating intelligent topics like UFOs and ETs?

Opinions?

Do you have Kevlar?

You're gonna need it especially on ATS.
I will admit that my last two significant others neither of them had a great interest in the subject but both believed that the possibility of ET was high.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Well, I am a woman and I believe absolutely in UFO's and life elsewhere in the universe... How could one be so arrogant to believe that we are alone?

I read Chariots of the Gods when young, I never read romance novels, it was always sci fi.

I do soooo believe.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I just asked my wife about UFOs, etc. and she said "I doubt it and I really don't care if they exist or not." I guess you are right lol.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Opinions?

Opinion: hmmmm...

In general it seems that men don't want to believe in anything that they can't touch or see. Why is that? Why would most of them rather discuss sports, or work rather than discussing their feelings? Including the physical existence of UFO/ET as opposed to how the reality of exposure would impact them in their soul?

Ok, I can't do this anymore... do you get the point about generalization?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
When I came to ATS, I believed whole heartedly in Aliens and UFO's.
Till a man showed me otherwise.

There are UFO's..make no mistake.
But aliens are not flying around in them.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I believe that women are the most brainwashed, at least in the US. They are targeted by ads that speak to their insecurities and other interests, and they buy the garbage they're fed. I guess I've always considered myself "different". Growing up, I played baseball with my 3 brothers, rode horses, dirt bikes and hung out with the guys. As I matured, married and had my own children, I became more concerned with women's interests, but was never one to be hypnotized by buying into the game. That being said, I never discussed UFO/ET issues until I was forced to become a believer against my will, when I actually saw a craft 21 months ago. That completely changed my life. I've been researching that subject, which of course led to so many more, since then and spend a large amount of each day learning more. I suppose this is my coming out of the ATS closet, since I've been absorbing information from the posters here since September 29, 2008. I only signed up last month, but still have been reluctant to post, because people eat people here, lol. Anyway, that's my little tidbit of insight into the question.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Without a statistical poll concerning your theory on women (and let's face it, all we men have are inaccurate theories about women), I'd say you need some better pick up lines.

Personally I've never noticed a difference of in the number of men or women who are non-believers.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I've never noticed much of a gender divide myself in UFO interest, although it wouldn't surprise me if there was one, since women don't seem to participate in online politics forums, nearly as much as us men. Of course there will always be those that do, but (from my experience) the numbers don't seem to be evenly balanced.
Maybe the answer would help explain why there are few women in Parliament- U.S. Congresss?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Here's a better question, why is it that the vast majority of people who claim to have experienced encounters with extraterrestrials in the USA of a Protestant faith, while American Catholics seem to claim that their encounters with "someone other" are usually described as visitations by either Saints or the Virgin? Kinda quirky, eh?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
UFO's, ET's, and other similar subjects are nerdy. (I am a nerd, so please do not flame. I am just stating the obvious. ) Men tend to be into nerdy things more than women. Ergo, men tend to gravitate towards UFO's and ET's because of nerdiness.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is a sweeping generalisation I see. I am a woman and believe in the possibility of UFO'S more so than my bf, my brother and my dad. It is all circumstantial. I know a lot of the women i talk to would also agree. It just depends who you ask. I would say a lot of men don't believe in the possibility of spirits or ghosts (compared with women) yet a lot of famous mediums and spirit healers are male. I don't think gender makes as many boxes as some would like to believe .

edit for sp

[edit on 14-4-2010 by eyesdown]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well, agreed with the poster above..I think it depends on who you ask.

Im a woman, but I think I am what they used to call a "tomboy"..I always was kind of different than most girls..not into makeup much..and liked sci fi..video games..outdoors, fishing..and I like beer..something MOST women dont like..lol

Im just always wanting to learn..and I have a very open mind..and science has always been my favorite subject..so yes..I think it depends on what woman you ask..some are really girly girls
and some of us dont care to get our hands dirty.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Ok, I can't do this anymore... do you get the point about generalization?

Well some statistics do seem to show men do have somewhat higher belief rates, here's one I ran across recently:

www.marketwire.com...

Those who believe that "alien beings have come to earth and walk amongst us in our communities disguised as us" (20%) are more likely to be men (22%) compared to women (17%)

Fortunately that still shows the majority of both men and women DON'T think aliens are walking among us disguised as humans, but it does show there's a statistically significant difference between the sexes. (anything over 1% difference would be significant with this sample size).

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by godless

Most of these events we read about concerning UFO's here on ATS are somewhat open to interpretation. They are in essence a sort of Rorschach test where the observers subjective bias has as much bearing on the perception as the objective evidence.

For example I remember reading an article where the media stated someone found a woman's pelvis on a roof after the 911 event. You can get some wildly different interpretations about what that was about.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I love all those polls, 30% of women think this 5% of men do that... I've never once been asked to take part in an opinion poll. So i would like to know where they are finding all these answers.

link   
duplicate post

link   
and another one. how do i delete?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
My mother witnessed a ufo through binoculars when I was a baby. She beleives in UFO but sees no point discussing it since it will not change the reality of the thing and concentrate on tangible problems like rents and kids.

Personally I red a lot on the subject in my teen years to mid twenty, went as far as calling a radar station. AFAIK UFO are reals, who controls them are the real mystery. While researching the subject is important, improving ourselves in our day to day life is as important. Truth is there is not a lot we can do get to know the secrets aside destituting US government and opening the archives to the public. But it's not likely to happen anyday soon.

NB. This subject should not be discussed on first date with a girl. Asking about age or weight may be less risky ;-)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hmmmmm........

Maybe.. just maybe... women are secretly aliens.

That would explain why they are so hard for us guys to understand!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join