It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lincoln National Forest NM (MIB)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Is anyone familiar with the military installation / private research complex within that national forest?

Is there such a military base or research institute that conducts weapon testing from within (and over) Lincoln National Forest?

I was driving west to east through NM with two friends, we were quite in the middle of nowhere going on a back road intentionally so we wouldn't have to deal with check points, it was dark out but I am not going to speculate on the hour. We logged all of this down and I'm not going to post stuff that could contradict what we logged.

John (names changed) was driving, we were in the middle of lincoln national forest and John yelled out "did you guys see that?" We asked what, and then before he could explain it happened again. Then again. It kept happening as if on a timer.

What we saw was a red projectile clearly originating from earth (as in the ground) somewhere within this forest trees on by sides of this road, we were elevated pretty good). Anyway, this red light would shoot at 30 - 40 degrees in a perfectly straight line, no arch whatsoever.

This didn't seem that strange to us (myself and 'john' other were active duty Marines not more than a year before), but what was strange was that they would suddenly slow to a stop, then flash white, and then you'd hear a small boom.

It looked like a red laser before it slowed to a stop and exploded, even as it slowed it had no arch, and it slowed at what appeared to be an impossible rate for something moving with any propulsion system I know of.

It looked like a laser, guys, a big red one, except instead of being a long solid line like you'd imagine in the movies, it was a short solid line. Think of seeing a missile in the sky lit the same color as a red laser, that's what it looked like.

We were curious about how this thing was slowing down to a complete stop, then exploding, all without ever being at all effected by gravity, when a man in a white inconspicuous car pulls up, he was also driving from the west and heading east on this deserted road.

He showed up maybe 2 minutes after we got out of the truck btw (yes this weapons testing persisted for several minutes), he was really happy and nice and he asked us why we were stopped, we told him "We see an unidentified flying object over there."

He explained to us that it was nothing to worry about, that "all the residents" already knew it was happening and that it was a standard military test (again, COULD be true but I've NEVER seen this # and because of the nature of what it was (exploding in midair) I really find it hard to believe the military would be choosing the middle of Lincoln National Forest, NM, instead of say, 29 Palms. I mean wtf?

We think nothing of this guy, just that he's a nice dude. But then when he leaves instead of continuing to drive west to east, he turns around, and heads back west.

This was strange for many reasons:

1. Nearest town to the west was like 30 - 45 minutes away and that town is not even big.
2. Nearest town to the east (we found this out in about 10 minutes) was a very short distance way (5 mins, though this 'town' was really just a gas station and some houses spread out alone the side of the road).
3. What is to come next.

So after sitting parked for a few minutes wondering about what we had just witnessed and about this strange but very friendly man who'd drove up to us just to inform us to carry on and that it was just a weather balloon, we started driving east again.

Right before said town in #2, we see 6 police cruisers 3 on each side of the road, all cruisers facing west. All their lights are on and there are no cones or signs or anything designating why they are there, it is however clear that we should not try to drive through them without stopping.

We stop, all of the cops look like military police instead of civilian police (ask a marine if he can recognize marines), civilian uniforms though, armed with sub machine guns.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
They were also very friendly even though they were so heavily armed.

They informed us that it was a DUI checkpoint, didn't ID us, didn't try to determine if we were drinking, and flagged us on. We asked them what the testing was and they told us that it was a research company which did tests in forest. This was strange on its own because its a national forest and it was more strange because the guy that drove up on us and told us that the 'whole town' knew about it gave us a different story completely.

We pulled into the gas station (which WAS open), and asked the lady if employee if there was a military base or research company anywhere in the area and she said she'd lived there for years and that there was no such thing.

Just so you guys know that "dui" checkpoint was actually a Quick Response/Reaction Force (QRF).

That's the real reason all their vehicles were facing East while the cops were armed with SMGs.

This isn't a conspiracy or anything of the sort, by the way, these are the factual events as they occurred while we were driving through Lincoln National Forest. We did see this anomaly, it lasted for several minutes long, this weapon would fire silently, move across the sky at a 30-40 degree angle, perfectly straight and at extremely high speed, and then very quickly come to a complete stop without arching and then flash white and you'd hear a bang after (the assumption being it exploded at that point, each time). Each time the projectiles would follow a very similar path and stopping point, from memory I could not tell you if it followed the EXACT same path though.

Who was the man that approached us? If we had entered the forest to take a closer look (as we were going to do before initial man approached us), would QRF had come and swooped us up? Can they legally detain you for walking into a national forest?

I did some map study of my own and saw Holloman AFB being immediately to the west of Lincoln National Forest. We were near the end of the forest to the east when we saw this, the weapons origin was not more than a few thousand meters to our approximate north, projectile would move from approximate east to west, btw.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by sremmos]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Can you give a road name and/or the names of the two towns you mentioned? I would like to look at an arial shot of the region, even if it will likely not turn up anything.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Good lord that is some strange stuff.

You should try to go back to that exact location soon....and bring a camera.

S+F

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Can you give a road name and/or the names of the two towns you mentioned? I would like to look at an arial shot of the region, even if it will likely not turn up anything.

I'm going to get a hold of the guy who has the map we were using, I was looking myself and determined that it was Lincoln National Forest but I should have waited till I talked to him to confirm. I don't want to pinpoint a location until I'm 100%, I shouldn't have given a location at all yet.

That said, have any of you seen a similar projectile?

Is there any evidence to suggest that for highly classified technology testing, rather than testing on a "secret base", that they would simply have a secret mobile weapons testing program? This would eliminate the risk of people seeing it and then 'coming back later' because later they would be gone. It would explain the QRF with sub machine guns claiming to be a DUI checkpoint too.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sremmos

Actually lasers are used in national forests out West to stop illegal activities -- they monitor the forests against ecoterrorists (i.e. Earth First tree spikers) -- read Chris Maser's book -- or more prominently against

pot growers in the forests.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sremmos

I'm going to get a hold of the guy who has the map we were using, I was looking myself and determined that it was Lincoln National Forest but I should have waited till I talked to him to confirm. I don't want to pinpoint a location until I'm 100%, I shouldn't have given a location at all yet.

Thats crazy, well told as well. But why do you need to reference back to the original map? Why not google it.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by lippJ]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
A DUI Checkpoint and they did not even check your BAC level???

There is a military operation going on there, and thats a cover story.

Perhaps there is a base there. I will be back to this thread in awhile to see what research you guys dug up.

I'd be curious to see what this turns out to be after all.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lippJ

Originally posted by sremmos

Thats crazy, well told as well. But why do you need to reference back to the original map? Why not google it.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by lippJ]

I wasn't driving at the time, and I want the map because we were using bad map practices and were marking it, we definitely marked it when that # happened.

My location choice is based off estimates from memory and geography, I don't recommend going here and looking in the forest though geolocation (fixed link)
drew hempel, can you describe the appearance or behavior of these lasers?

While this object was definitely the color of a "laser", it was more like a giant version of the projectile that shoots out of a gun in star wars (the kind that thee jedi deflect with their light saber). This looked just like one of those in terms of shape, it was much much larger than one of those gun projectiles though.

Do the lasers you're speaking of also lose momentum and then flash white? It's very possible that what we saw was these anti-criminal measures you are talking about, but I'd like to hear a better description than just "lasers" because while what I saw appeared to be out of the movie star wars, from its behavior it's impossible for me to conclude that it actually was a "laser."

Because of the fact that it slowed down, we had assumed it was a projectile using a propulsion system (eg not a laser) of some sort. Additionally, the projectile did not travel at light speed, it was fast but could be followed with the naked eye. we could not see the actual launch site, as there were too many hills and could only see the projectiles ones they gained enough altitude.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by sremmos]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
A DUI Checkpoint and they did not even check your BAC level???

There is a military operation going on there, and thats a cover story.

Perhaps there is a base there. I will be back to this thread in awhile to see what research you guys dug up.

I'd be curious to see what this turns out to be after all.

It looks like there is an air force base directly west of this national forest.

And ya, we were laughing too, after they let us pass by them.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sremmos

Yeah not sure how a laser light would have it's momentum slowed down and then change color -- unless there was refraction and absorption from the medium it was passing through.

Was it foggy?

As for lasers used for security in national forests.... well I couldn't find any more info my original source is Chris Mane's book

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1271289039&sr=1-1

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I wasn't able to find much on the lasers described in that book, but it's a good read anyone. I'm not much of a conspiracy type dude so while I know we saw what we saw, I'm more or less posting it in "Military Projects" because it actually liked like a cool "project," haha.

We initially considered that it was some kind of laser actually intercepting something in the sky, or following something in the sky. Like say, a missile in the sky (obviously an unarmed missile being in NM forest) that was invisible to our naked eyes (night time) that was illuminated bright red the color of a laser because the laser was hitting it all the way until it white flashed and maybe half a second later we heard the bang. Maybe longer than half a second, I know I was trying to gauge the distance based on the thunder effect of the flash, but I don't remember what I found except that it wasn't more than a few clicks to our approximate north. We couldn't see where it launched from the ground but it was really easy to gauge that because of the steady angle that the projectile followed every time it was launched.

The steady angle and behavior (perfectly straight trajectory, or at least 'perfectly straight' to the naked eye) imply that it was light/laser because I've never seen a propulsion system capable of what it did, but the size of the object and the speed of the object indicated to me 'missile' (as a BROAD term I am not saying this was a secret missile! it did NOT have that big of an explosion, just a very bright white flash after which the object was gone, and shortly after which 'thunder' would follow (small thunder not big and just a single "clap" instead of multiple claps).

It was not foggy, we were warned in the previous town (oh # now I know it was early nightfall!) to watch out for Elks. It was still daylight when the drunk guy told us to watch out for Elks and pointed at the lot of ruined cars. It must have been no later than eight or nine pm by the time we saw the UFO(s). Go memory go!

We drove at like 40 - 45 MPH because to us crashing into Elk seemed like a horribly unfun idea, then after a bit got cocky and sped up to 70 - 75 after not seeing any for a while (still going 'slow' for us, haha yes we are dumb).

I'm going back into story mode which isn't my intention, sorry guys, writing it out helps me remember.

P.S.:

I asked my dad if he'd ever seen anything like what I described (he is a Border Patrol agent and has been working in the field, not at a desk, for his entire career (please don't hate on my dad, he is a good man and he is not abusive in doing his work, even now when stress is much higher and 250,000.00 bounties are out on BA heads, and like I said, he remains in the field even though he's like a year away from FORCED retirement. He is a good man so please don't hate on him for his profession. He was also in the Air Force doing radio work. My dad never talks about the air force though, not even to me. He'll gladly talk about # he's seen while working in the Border Patrol but that's it.

He told me that he HAD seen something similar, but that it didn't keep happening. He saw it in California desert, and I don't think it was the same thing because ours was repeating over and over again, rather than a "omg did I just see that?" type of thing.

I wonder if there are any members here from the Lincoln National Forest surrounding area that could comment. I doubt they only tested this stuff once.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by sremmos]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hmm..very interesting indeed, and well said. I myself am a Marine vet, but have never seen anything like that, at 29 stumps or elsewhere. I used to live "sort of" in the area, much to the west though in Deming, NM. If I still lived there I'd have to take a camping trip to Lincoln NF! Anyways, being Hollowman so close, I'm thinking a military contractor of some kind was doing a test...perhaps, just a fair guess I suppose. Looking on Google Earth, about a mile before "Elk"(assuming you were on the road between Mayhill and Elk, on HW82) there is a short stretchs North.
Here I made a map out of it.

Hope my pic works, I haven't uploaded a pic here before.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by JJRichey]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
which way were they really facing ?

west ?

Right before said town in #2, we see 6 police cruisers 3 on each side of the road, all cruisers facing west. All their lights are on and there are no cones or signs or anything designating why they are there, it is however clear that we should not try to drive through them without stopping.

or east ?

Just so you guys know that "dui" checkpoint was actually a Quick Response/Reaction Force (QRF).

That's the real reason all their vehicles were facing East while the cops were armed with SMGs.

the devil is in the details - and failure of internal consistency between post # 1 and two is not a good sign

before anyone says :

its just a simple mistake

just bear in mind that if a person makes such a fundamental mistake , in the space of < 100 words - how many others are there ?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
They were facing westbound, eg, towards us.

I already expressed that I was hesitant to report any details without the actual logs we took in my possession.

I don't expect you or really care if you believe me. I am looking for information on the projectiles I saw that night.

edit:

@JJRichey

Thanks for that map study, some interesting features you found. I don't want to burst your bubble but bear in mind that the map location I gave was just based off of memory and you would have been far better served if I had access to that map (I will in a few days).

I am not sure if that is a road or a dry water feature which you pointed out, but if it is a road and if it does lead to that clearing then I'd say you've made some really good observations. A private contractor would make sense to me, since I know that we do contract out weapons research pretty extensively.

I'm scouring through weapons technology PDFs that I find on Scribd and elsewhere to see if I can find any corroborating technology to what I witnessed that night.

Thanks for your help it is greatly appreciated, I am going to look at your annotations on google maps (and I may try some others, I have a friend who knows how to access civilian public and private sector satellite imaging) and see if I can get a better view on a larger or hopefully higher resolution imagery. Hopefully I can get a time lapse as well, for instance, to see when that clearing came about or if it's just a deceiving natural feature.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by sremmos]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Howdy!

Were you anywhere near Cloudcroft? A team at the Apache Point Observatory has been blasting the moon with laser light in an effort to find the old Soviet Lunokhod reflector kit. They were successful after having been missing for some 40 years or so. The astronomers are trying to test the accuracy of Einstein's gravitational theory. They also use reflectors from the Apollo program.

Here's a link to a story:

www.sciencedaily.com...

Or it might be something else...? I don't know why their high power laser would make any sound!

DE

[edit on 28-4-2010 by desert_eagle]

join