It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrity citation about France.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Mark Twain :

"France has neither winter nor summer nor morals. Apart from these drawbacks it is a fine country. France has usually been governed by prostitutes."

General George S. Patton :

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me."

Jay Leno :

"I don't know why people are surprised that France won't help us get Saddam out of Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get the Germans out of France!"

David Letterman :

"The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris under a German flag."

Regis Philbin :

"The only time France wants us to go to war is when the German Army is sitting in Paris sipping coffee."

P.J O'Rourke :

"The French are masters of "the dog ate my homework" school of diplomatic relations"

Missouri Republican Rep. Roy Blunt :

"Somebody was telling me about the French Army rifle that was being advertised on eBay the other day -- the description was, 'Never shot. Dropped once"

Conan O'Brien :

"You know why the French don't want to bomb Saddam Hussein? Because he hates America, he loves mistresses and wears a beret. He is French, people."

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 06:09 AM
link   
No...don't think so...enough of the Anti-French posts already...

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
No...don't think so...enough of the Anti-French posts already...

Ok, I stay quite...for a little moment.

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Alien, you're giving that warning to a person whose *primary language is French*?...

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm not giving a warning...just saying "Come on...how many piss-takes on the French do there have to be??"

...lord knows that people would foam at the mouth if there were multiple anti-American piss-take threads on the front page, as there are now...

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
Mark Twain :

"France has neither winter nor summer nor morals. Apart from these drawbacks it is a fine country. France has usually been governed by prostitutes."

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me."

Jay Leno :

"I don't know why people are surprised that France won't help us get Saddam out of Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get the Germans out of France!"

David Letterman :

"The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris under a German flag."

Regis Philbin :

"The only time France wants us to go to war is when the German Army is sitting in Paris sipping coffee."

P.J O'Rourke :

"The French are masters of "the dog ate my homework" school of diplomatic relations"

Missouri Republican Rep. Roy Blunt :

"Somebody was telling me about the French Army rifle that was being advertised on eBay the other day -- the description was, 'Never shot. Dropped once"

Conan O'Brien :

"You know why the French don't want to bomb Saddam Hussein? Because he hates America, he loves mistresses and wears a beret. He is French, people."

methinks you've been going... how to say... over the edge lately with anti-French posts(mainly directed at Nans, I believe). Everyone is entitled to their opinion; however, this is a bit far, and as I see it, better to have an opinion and be quiet than not have one(or have a good one) and be a loudmouth.

Although these are hilarious. 'Specially Patton's.

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by High_Lord_Warrior

1) methinks you've been going... how to say... over the edge lately with anti-French posts(mainly directed at Nans, I believe). Everyone is entitled to their opinion; however, this is a bit far, and as I see it, better to have an opinion and be quiet than not have one(or have a good one) and be a loudmouth.

2) Although these are hilarious. 'Specially Patton's.

1) A loudmouth ? Who ? Where ? When ?

2) And why did you think that I used the sign "
" in my post ?

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I agree with Alien, its easy to take the piss out of the french, but enough already.

nans has grounds for her anti american abuse if we keep tearing her country down...

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   

1) A loudmouth ? Who ? Where ? When ?

2) And why did you think that I used the sign "
" in my post ?

lmao...

I'm with Netchicken, nans may have a little bit of a right to her anti-american dribble.... But it's an uphill battle, at least on this MB. Which may be admirable, defending your country against all sorts of abuse.....

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Not to stir the pot, but I believe nans had the whole anti-American before nans got to this board...

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I agree with OXmanK, but I agree with NC, Alien and HLW also.

No more anti-french statements until the next one.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Mark Twain :

That's make me laugh so hard !!! It's really suggestive hum hum xD I'm new on ATS, but after the read of your posts... I notice that there is some.. suspicions to the French people ??

Your ranks were infiltrated by a French... watch you back guys !!

new topics

top topics

join