It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens The Series on History Channel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maskless
I can't remember what I thought of the original ancient aliens show;

You have been granted a great mercy.

I hope you can remember to be thankful for the forgetting of the utterly forgettable.

Harte

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zane Zackerly
Ancient Aliens may be good, but will it have the same scientific approach that UFO Hunters had, or will it just be a bunch of cave paintings with a narrator saying, "Clearly this depicts an astronaut in a space suit."

Haven't you heard? Around these parts, if something looks like an alien or a crashed spaceship or a secret lunar base, that's what it is. No need to investigate further.

It's really quite the time saver.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I don't think they did it for that reason. If your not a stoner or former stoner you won't know what 420 is.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Note... any further posts commenting on personal use of illegal substances will be removed. Members who should know better may be wearing warn flags on their mini-profile and continued attempts may require further actions.

Terms And Conditions Of Use:

2e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities; specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, dicussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

2e.i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The fist two episodes will be shown on April 20, 2010

8:00 PM Ancient Aliens: The Evidence
If ancient aliens visited Earth, what was their legacy, and did they leave behind clues that exist.

Ancient Aliens: The Evidence If ancient aliens visited Earth, what was their legacy, and did they leave behind clues that exist in plain sight such as sophisticated aircraft, complex electrical grids, and intricate construction machinery? Indian Sanskrit texts, dating back to 6000 B.C., describe in varying but vivid detail flying machines called Vimanas. Megalithic stone structures in Egypt reveal evidence of precision saw work. Interpretations of the Jewish Zohar writings offer depictions of a life-sustaining manna machine, eerily similar to chlorella algae processing systems today. Are these examples of modern technology, or is there evidence that these incredible mechanisms existed on Earth thousands of years ago?

.10:00 PM Ancient Aliens: Chariots, Gods & Beyond
What if life on Earth began in outer space? Millions of people accept the theory that inte…
More at link

[edit on 4-15-2010 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
The fist two episodes will be shown on April 20, 2010

8:00 PM Ancient Aliens: The Evidence
If ancient aliens visited Earth, what was their legacy, and did they leave behind clues that exist.

Ancient Aliens: The Evidence If ancient aliens visited Earth, what was their legacy, and did they leave behind clues that exist in plain sight such as sophisticated aircraft, complex electrical grids, and intricate construction machinery? Indian Sanskrit texts, dating back to 6000 B.C., describe in varying but vivid detail flying machines called Vimanas. Megalithic stone structures in Egypt reveal evidence of precision saw work. Interpretations of the Jewish Zohar writings offer depictions of a life-sustaining manna machine, eerily similar to chlorella algae processing systems today. Are these examples of modern technology, or is there evidence that these incredible mechanisms existed on Earth thousands of years ago?

.10:00 PM Ancient Aliens: Chariots, Gods & Beyond
What if life on Earth began in outer space? Millions of people accept the theory that inte…
More at link

Incredible, I thought that they where going to leave the Ancient Aliens History documentary as that just a 2 hr documentary. Something told me that after showing the show at least 3 times last year that they knew that they had something. Many people tuned into that documentary, and they actually had debunkers in that 2 hr show, so it wasn't one sided. After reading the first and second episode of this 5 part series which is 2 hr's each, it tells me that they are going to bring together stuff that they couldn't put into the 2hr original because of time and because their is just so much. The limited descriptions told me things that I didn't even know about (the Manna machine or algae). I think each episode for 2 hrs is going to be focused on a number of things and possibilities and actually dig into more.

What would even be better is if they would have these episodes and more done like my man or woman Serbsta did on his Ancient series.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This way they could say focus 2 hrs on Puma Punku (en.wikipedia.org... read the last paragraph of the intro, it says that their are alot of structures still buried under the earth), Sumerian civilization (not to many people except scholars and such know to much about them), China legends and the other civilizations and structures and legends. This way people can start to see a pattern that is hard to see if your always told that this is the way things happened and thats it.

Oh for the Theobu prophecy its not Dolomite (thats a character in the blacksploitation movies of the late 60's and early 70's), the substance that your talking about is Diorite.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by serbsta

Yeah. But with cool music.
Is Jonathan Frakes going to narrate? I really like it when Johnathan Frakes narrates.

Cool Music will be a given, if they're even trying at all.

Phage you raise a VERY important point , even if in jest.

Haveing a "REAL" full-time Narrator is key. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately for us) alot of these newer crappy shows have forgotten this. These shows don't even have Narrators (like UFO Hunters, or the dozen Paranormal shows out there), they just use the guys on the show. It's Blasphemy. I BET they don't hire a full time Narrator for this show, and it'll be a major mistake, cause getting a good narrator can make or break a show.

Look at Unsolved Mysteries. That corny show wouldn't have lasted longer than 1 season without the amazingly chilling narratives of the late Robert Stack. These new shows could learn a thing or two from that.

Jonathan Frakes.., great Narrator, but I have two I'd love to hear instead:

Bill Curtis (of Cold Case Files fame), or "the ultra creepy (almost James Earl Jones) deep voiced Paul Winfield (of City Confidential fame) plus they never show him so it lends more to the mystery of the man. Two of the best narrators out there right now, imo.

Get Bill Curtis or Paul Winfield, and I'll be doing Backflips and Handstands with all those involved in makeing the show as well. Preferably on a beach somewhere. Plus I think they'd add more credibility to the show just by narrating it, since both the shows they're known for are based on Fact.

So "Ancient Aliens" do yourselves a favor and hire a real narrator, one with experience. It will do wonders for your show.

The Narrator I liked the best has to be Paul Winfield for City Confidential hands down. You are correct without Robert Stack, Unsolved mysteries would have died off the first season. Paul from City Confidential has a way of pulling you into the show and almost making it seem like it happened in your neighborhood. What I got from him and from his narration of City confidential was that on the surface everything looked okay but you had this evil crazy Foreboding that was right under the surface that he slowly brought to the surface.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The "Ancient Aliens" special was ridiculous! I really can't believe they are making a whole series on it. All it is is speculation and the belief that brown people can't make even a footnote in history without having help from Aliens.

I believe in ET but I do not believe they had interference in human history.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
My only hope is that they don't end every presentation of an artifact or idea with the phrase:

"Could this be evidence of alien intervention in [whatever]?"

Don't ask us, Mr. Science! You're the one with all the answers. If it absolutely does, tell us. If there's apparently no connection, tell us that. Don't be coy. And show your work.

Because personally, I've never seen anything to indicate that aliens even exist, much less that they visited Earth. Sure there are stories. Sure there is evidence. But stories are sometimes just stories. And evidence can be evidence of a lot of things. But what? That's the question.

I'll probably still watch it, though. Because I'm a sucker for this stuff.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing the 5 episodes. Will set the DVR.
I appreciate the info. But I am baffled as to what poster, jazz10 was talking about?!?! S&F

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Firstly, Erik Von Dunny-Can is not a Scientist and is Not an Archaelogist.
He is first and foremost a Book Pedler.

He always likes to get Celebrities on board, but surprisingly, No Scientists,
No Historians and No Archaelogists.

Extraordinary claims require Extraordinary Evidence, and Dunny-Can has
never provided any. All he does is answer a Question with another Question,
leaving you the Audience to answer his Questions. It's a Brillaint marketing
strategy as he does sell a lot of Books.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
This thread has been moved from Aliens & UFO's to to Television in Below Top Secret.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Guess this thread is lost in Below Top Secret, since it got moved there hasn't been another post except by me. Hope all that are interested in this series don't forget to watch starting April 20......

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Just a heads up, don't forget to watch the first two parts of Ancient Aliens on the History Channel starting tonight at 8:00 PM Eastern.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by judge360

Um, youtube exist you know

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Can anyone record this tonight and get it up on youtube or here?

Very interested to watch it but don't think i can find an online source to view it...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It's all on youtube HD already.

Great series by the way, loved it!!! 5 stars.

Eric von Daniken is funny, '' THIS IS PROOF"" lol its good though.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

This is a new series, what you may be talking about is the documentary that was done last years..if the current one is on you tube I couldn't find it, don't think so.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Here's the link, is this the old one or new one?

Looking at the History ch website write up it looks the same

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join