It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visited Area51 April 2010

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Thanks for the link of Mount Aaron. I am not sure if that is the same thing I took a picture of. Next time I find myself on the West Coast, specifically, Las Vegas, I'll stop by and verify.

From my memory, I don't remember seeing a parking lost or a sign post next to it.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminus

Ya, that feeling you're being watched started around the white mailbox. It lasted through my Rachel visit and driving back to Las Vegas. Oddly, I didn't have that being watched feeling when I drove north of Rachel to see more of what was around.

Maybe next time we should hire a bunch of Las Vegas women to wear alien masks and nothing but lingerie. Then we drive up to Area 51's gate and give a show to those soldiers.

Hey. Those soldiers are stuck out in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do but watch tumbleweeds roll by. Might as well give them a show.

Then when the soldiers take the bait and dance with the women, we barrel thru the gate and see what's beyond. I got dibbs on the first alien spacecraft we see.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Wow, awesome pics man!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Great photographs. Sounds like you had a fun time. Heading to A51 gates is definitely on my list of things to do before I die. But nope, stuck in Florida at the moment.

Looking at pictures of Area 51 still make me wonder how I'm going to make my Area 51 movie a reality (sets).

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by guppy

Bald mountain

There is without a doubt a tracking camera on Bald Mountain. I suspect but never really provided to my satisfaction that there are fixed cameras on Bald Mountain as well. If they are there, the fixed cameras are smaller than the tracking camera, so it is harder to spot. Obviously the black (white) mailbox is a place to point a camera. I'd also point one at the Littel Aleinn.

As an aside, you can use this google earth KMZ file to show where Bald Mountain can see, and then hang out where you can't be seen.
Bald Mountain viewshed

It is quite easy to verify that the base can't see you from Bald Mountain on parts of the "back gate" road. You just drive on the road and eventually you can't see Baldo, so they can't see you.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by guppy

The photos match. They aren't taken from the same location, but I recognized Mt. Arron.

There is parking nearby, but not a lot. Just a patch by the side of the road a bit past the marker on the hill. There is no sign indicating Mt. Arron is up there. If it wasn't for the old "Viewers Guide" I would have never noticed it. There is a log book up there. Nobody seems particularly interesting in the religious experience from climbing the hill. Rather it is just range visitors making comments.

If I think about it, I will grab the religious literature they have up there and scan it.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Cool pictures
Especially like Gawy the Stealth Hippo.
Looks like it was a fun trip. Last time I was in LV was maybe 15 years ago...when I was 11 LOL!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the vicarious vacation/tour.

Nice to see real images of a place with so many ideas linked to it.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I've known a few people that deployed to the so called "Area 51", I forget what its actually called, but they said it wasn't that big of deal. This was while I was in the AF from 2004-2008.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
Awesome pictures, thank you for posting them.
Hopefully one day I can go on a similar trip down to see Area 51.
It would be really cool to go see.

Cheers

Sure thing. Thanks for enjoying them. It was exciting to be there indeed and worth the drive. It does look like a great place to camp and watch the stars as there is nothing out there but land and sky.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightofLiberty
I've known a few people that deployed to the so called "Area 51", I forget what its actually called, but they said it wasn't that big of deal. This was while I was in the AF from 2004-2008.

I agree. My brother-in-law currently serves in the AF and I personally know a few guys that have visited the base that I work with. I guess when it is a normal part of your life, it doesn't have the allure that it does to outsiders. I get the same feeling from the folks when I visit the Cape and I'm drooling over an Atlas rocket and they don't seem to notice it.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Congratulations on making the trip! You must be on cloud 9 !

I remember years ago making the trip out there. We went to the Mercury Rd area, and the driver drove across the gate boundary to turn around near the metal trailer that is beyond the gate. Out of nowhere, 2 apache helicopters appeared and buzzed our car approx. 40-50 feet above. Scared the hell out of everybody because those suckers were loud as hell and right on top of us. The thing that really amazed me was that there was no indication that they were airborne until they were right on top of us.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Wow very very cool

Thanks for posting this!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
well you know anything suspicious and I bet a top dollar those Apaches have clearance to light up that seems hostile.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MKULTRA

The NTS has choppers, but they are not Apaches. Wackenhut has the security contract.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
While there is nothing new about the pictures you took, they are great nonetheless. Living next door to Nevada, I have never made the trip out of Vegas to Rachel or beyond, but much like you said, it is something I would like to do. Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Just returned from another trip to the range. Dork in the cammo is me...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a64e0a9146c4.jpg[/atsimg]
Cammo dudes:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0e73541cbe25.jpg[/atsimg]
EDITED TO ADD:
For you RV'ers, there is an RV park behind the Shell station at Ash Springs. Don't miss the natural hotsprings right across the highway...

[edit on 24-5-2010 by FosterVS]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

These are all great pics! Thanks for posting. FosterVS, the original poster said he could get hauled off to jail for taking a picture of the guards. Can you be arrested for taking pics of the Camo Dudes as well?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by black cat
reply to post by FosterVS

These are all great pics! Thanks for posting. FosterVS, the original poster said he could get hauled off to jail for taking a picture of the guards. Can you be arrested for taking pics of the Camo Dudes as well?

Oops, didn't mean to hijack this thread.

Guards? What guards? At the Rachel gate? I have no idea, I seldom go to that gate, and have never seen any when I have been there. Despite the excitement factor everyone seems to have, keep in mind there is a regular entourage almost daily down Groom Lake road to the signs. There are even tours you can take out of Vegas down the road, to the signs, stop for photo's. I normally pass at least 2 tourist vehicles either on their way in or out from the signs.

Regardless of the "no photographs" indicated on the sign(s), taking photo's is regular practise. I am sure they are referring to taking photo's once you are inside the base.

I probably should have "mosaic'd" the faces of the cammo dudes, if only for the sake of their privacy.

This shot is from last year, taken at "Cedar Gate", which is kind of the backdoor into Tonopah Test Range. I didn't even see the guy with the binoc's until I got home and was looking at my pictures.
37.742191°, -116.225765°

I could be wrong, gariac might know for sure, but I think the boundary line is here:
37.742779°, -116.220695°
I may actually have been trespassing when I took this photo!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c12fa3ea9f4f.jpg[/atsimg]

EDITED TO ADD:
I am currently tentatively planning a trip down in September (or thereabouts, hoping to catch a Red Flag), and bringing a dirtbike along, which I plan to use to do some exploring around the border. It's a long trip for me, about 3400 miles round trip. But I love the desert, and love to visit the range!

[edit on 27-5-2010 by FosterVS]

[edit on 27-5-2010 by FosterVS]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminus

Very COOL!! My Fiance and I have always planned to take an RV trip out there (we are from Tampa Fl) And on the way to Racheal, we were gonna stop and camp out in the town of Dulce! Then make our way to Area 51, and Racheal, I always wanted to say I had lunch at the lil alien inn
We'd also like to drive around Los Alamos for an afternoon just to look around
We will do it one day!! Id like to go during a UFO confrence wich they are having July 2 through 5th... but thats to close from now... GOOD PICS THOUGH glad you had fun!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join