It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visited Area51 April 2010

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Illuminus

The white bus "lives" at the courthouse in Alamo. I don't recall the bus timing, but you need to a make sure you are not "stalking" the bus else you risk a visit from the ever corrupt Lincoln County sheriff.

Regarding the camo dudes, you can photograph them all you want, but don't put their faces on the internet. They could potentially lose their highly desirable job of baby sitting the looky-loos. Who wouldn't want to drink coffee and pee on cacti all day.

The "control tower" you photographed was from the late Dave Simms. Dave liked to build stuff, though the desert often reclaimed what he built. His ashes are on a hill south of Rachel where he liked to watch Red Flag.

The Inn is OK I guess, but I rather cook my own food. You can burn a lot of gas driving to the Inn if you camp out in the ranges. I assure you my coffee is the best within a hundred miles of the inn.
Peets
I replaced the esbit with a Colman, but otherwise the setup is similar.

I have quite a few scenery pages from around the range:
side trips
misc photos

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Wow that sounds great! I'd love to go down there with a video camera and make a small documentary about tales of people at bars and what they'd seen lol.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
G'day All,

Great pic's of what would have been a cool road trip, but I fail to see a pic of area 51.

Looking at google Earth, Nellis bombing range is no were near Area 51, quite a fare few kilometers from there...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Next time you drive to Rachel from Las Vegas, there is something you should look at before the highway starts going downhill towards the mysterious mailbox. Keep an eye on the left. You'll see a rock on top of a hill that doesn't look right. Check it out:

Spy Box - Original

Spy Box - Zoomed

Don't ask me what is it. I didn't get the nerve to actually walk up the hill and look at it closely. Its probably a camera box that records license plates.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Great photos! My brother moved out to Vegas a couple years back, and I have yet to be able to make it out there to visit him. When I do, I would love to see all that in person!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by guppy

Check out
Mount Aaron

It is not related to the base at all, but makes an interesting side trip. Mount Aaron was in the old Glen Campbell "Visitor;s Guide", which I guess is out of print.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well, here goes my first post.

This may have been asked here before but thus far I have not seen it. I hope this is not a repeat.

Just how significant is that salt lake bed called Groom lake. I don't think that they would have built the base there with the exception of the lake bed itself. How deep is that Groom lake area and what could they possibly need a whole ton of salt for?

What could possibly be underneath that lake bed. Are we all so sure that they actually decided to build 51 near Groom lake or did they have to because something was already there?

Just some of the questions that plague my mind.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Man I was just there last Oct..Vegas not 51, couldnt get my wife to go with me.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac

That's good info...thank you for that. I didn't want to take the chance photographing the camo dudes but at least now I know I can if we ever take the long trip back.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by guppy

Next time you drive to Rachel from Las Vegas, there is something you should look at before the highway starts going downhill towards the mysterious mailbox. Keep an eye on the left. You'll see a rock on top of a hill that doesn't look right. Check it out

This reminds me that we were looking for the sensors too but didn't see them. I have seen lots of pics of them on the web but we didn't find any (although we didn't look that hard)

I believe there are all kinds of things that were out there that are more than what they seem. It was such a weird "we are being watched" feeling but I wonder how much of that is self-induced?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam

Wow that sounds great! I'd love to go down there with a video camera and make a small documentary about tales of people at bars and what they'd seen lol.

Absolutely! They were very friendly and didn't seem to mind our excitement over a bunch of stuff we can't even see. If you were to something like this I am sure it would be entertaining.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kernoonos
G'day All,

Great pic's of what would have been a cool road trip, but I fail to see a pic of area 51.

Looking at google Earth, Nellis bombing range is no were near Area 51, quite a fare few kilometers from there...

Hi Kernoonos,

To my knowledge, it is the closest that a civilian on vacation is going to get to the facility. There are some folks who climb the local mountains to get better vantage points and things like that but for us it was worth just going to the gates.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

The sensors are by intersections. The intersection should have 4 sensors so that the direction of travel can be detected. Since they are on time delay, the frequency is difficult to find. [They used to be 151.5MHz] I suspect those that find the sensors these days do so back on a knowledge of how they were planted in the past. There is only so much flexibility in the sensor installation.

I should point out that since Chuck Clark got railroaded into admitting he stole a sensor as part of his plea bargain, I wouldn't mess with them unless you have money and are willing to spend it defending yourself in court. It is too easy for the base to lie about your actions.

As I have stated many times, the sensors have a tilt switch in them. You steal one, it sings like a canary until you unplug the battery. There is no way to steal one without the base knowing about it. [I have full documentation on all the Qualtron products right down to the schematics, though I can't upload them due to the documents being proprietary.]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
wow

[edit on 22-4-2010 by killer4281]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Spooky... I'm sure that past those gates there are miles of road, elevators going deep in to the ground, private pizza huts for the tired and worn out guards... haha !

Oh, and the other pics of Vegas are cool too ! I'd love to go there one day =/

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
The Inn is OK I guess, but I rather cook my own food. You can burn a lot of gas driving to the Inn if you camp out in the ranges. I assure you my coffee is the best within a hundred miles of the inn.
Peets
I replaced the esbit with a Colman, but otherwise the setup is similar.

Holy crap Gary, I was camping at the White Mailbox in March, and I swear I have/had the exact same coffee press and kettle! Coffee never tasted better that morning in the bitter cold... tent was frosted in ice. I used one of those butane stoves I picked up cheap - worked great!

Will be down there second week of May with my g.f. and my holiday trailer...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Awesome pictures, thank you for posting them.
Hopefully one day I can go on a similar trip down to see Area 51.
It would be really cool to go see.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Pretty part of the drive back

if that is lake mead then under it is the true are 51 acoording to a book about the fiffty states it says that are 51 is miles under lake meed what you saw was the tourist part the real exciting stuuff is under ground if it wasnt the goverment could hide crap if area 51 holds space crafts and aliens etc. then it has to be under lake meed so grab scuba gear and a under water drill and see the real thing

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

Check your U2U.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thugyj

Pretty part of the drive back

if that is lake mead then under it is the true are 51 acoording to a book about the fiffty states it says that are 51 is miles under lake meed what you saw was the tourist part the real exciting stuuff is under ground if it wasnt the goverment could hide crap if area 51 holds space crafts and aliens etc. then it has to be under lake meed so grab scuba gear and a under water drill and see the real thing

The signs we saw for Lake Meade were very far away from Rachel and the gates. Who knows as anything is possible but if Lake Meade was close to the exit from the highway than we were easily over 100 miles from there.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join