I've been a long time member but usually just a lurker as I never have much to add, but definitely appreciate the site and all the research that goes
Recently my wife and I took our first trip to Vegas and I made her go with me to Rachel and to see the famed security gates of Area51. We rented a car
from our hotel on the strip and took the 2 hour drive north.
- I thought Rachel would be much bigger. They have only 74 inhabitants and the entire 'town' (more like a village) could fit in one of the parking
lots at my job
- It is high desert there - while it was 75 when we left the Vegas strip, it was in the high 40s near the gates
- Never in my life have I felt more isolated. Out in the middle of nowhere doesn't even do it justice
- The little AleInn is a great spot - very cool and they have tons of government conspiracy stuff all over the walls (pics of Jon Lear and some other
folks I have read about on this site)
- We talked to several locals who said they believe the site has nothing to do with anything extra-terrestrial but that they have all seen things they
can't explain. One lady gave us a great story about a craft that was jumping between locations, almost like it was on a track (her words). She said
the object was not cornering like conventional aircraft but was 'jumping' across her field of view.
- If you get the chance to go there while in Vegas, do it! The drive is absolutely beautiful and peaceful. The people in Rachel were really friendly
and were willing to talk as long as we stayed. We bought some souvenirs from the shop and had lunch there (the beer is cold as well!).
- The drive to the gates was exhilarating. Granted you don't see anything and the road is dirt, but just to think that you are somewhat close to
where our most advanced aircraft was and is being developed is a rush. Not to mention all of the stories I've read here and TV shows about the place
- for any conspiracy fan it was great (you'll need an understanding wife too which thankfully I have).
- The drive is 4 hours total and you will not have cell phone signal once you are 20 minutes outside of Vegas. Print out your directions or save them
as a text in your phone. I don't know if navigation works as we had a rental.
- We were told that photographing the signs is no problem, but do not under any circumstances take pics of the camo dudes or the personnel. You will
see in my pictures that I don't take a chance. Just know that on the ones from the front gate, there is the white truck that you've heard about and
some have taken pictures of that is on the right side just off the frame. There were two men sitting in it with binoculars watching me the whole time.
It was exciting and very eerie.
Here is the link to the part of our gallery that you can see the shots we took. I didn't embed them because there are a bunch. Thanks for looking and
for all you guys do on the board. Nothing earth shattering here but I didn't see a good fit for this post in BTS.
Enjoy (click the right arrow to advance for those that haven't used Picasa)
Click Here for Pics