It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA Breakthrough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
What do you all make of this regarding this break through.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Is it actually all good? i mean messing around with DNA?
I mean i dont want my great great grandchildren in years to come to have an extra arm or leg or an antler or something because i decided to go and FA with my DNA. We`ll all turn into inbred homosapiensexuals. Thats another thing that i want to know right there in itself. Now i aint no rocket scientist but surely the gene pool is or should be somewhat dry? Anyone? What seperates us are we all a messed up gene pool? Surely inbred somewhere?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
All i have to say is... Hook me up with an antler! (and chrome hoofs)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Some people are so ignorant...

Any time people see "DNA" they immediately jump to Resident Evil. For cryin' out loud, all kinds of DNA technologies out there are enormously beneficial and don't carry any kinds of risks of "wtf sp1d3rm4n mutashuns1!!1!"

Now this doesn't mean I think we should start pulling ye olde designer babies from the proverbial aether, but I think you shouldn't go spouting alarmism for no good reason.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I fully support extreme testings and trials of genetic therapy, to include designer babies, altering our current bodies, etc.

But then again, I treat future technologies and progression the way religious people treat the bible.

I suppose there should be a balance to my view...but I see them as contemptious luddites

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
A small (probably nothing) problem might be that AFAIK mtDNA and nDNA have evolved in parallel (gene for gene). What happens when nDNA and mtDNA meet for the first time in 10s of thousands of years (totally possible depending on donors)? They might not cooperate properly..

What strikes me as odd is that this is called a breakthrough. Why? Because it's not a breakthrough. We've been able to do this for half a century (about).

[edit on 14-4-2010 by rhinoceros]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

Thanks for that, anymore info on this interesting stuff

So would that mean they could trace a bloodline or possibly seperate or determine where they crossed? Possibly find those of the origional bloodline?
Im not making sense yet but hopefully soon will.

new topics

top topics

join