It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Wants To Know What 21st Century Technological Challenges You'd Like Tackled First

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
1) Stop accepting illegals into this country unless they become a citizen legally.

2) Bring our troops home and station some of them on OUR borders instead of Iraq & Afghanistan's.

3) No more damn drug company commercials on television...ever!

4) All welfare recipients have a time limit of 2 years to either find a job or, go hungry and homeless.

5) Develop communitys across the nation that house the homeless built by them and provide technology or medical based education to them so they can become productive & proud citizens.

6) Provide 4 years of college to all students FREE. Pay for it by taxing those who make more than 1 million dollars a year of personal income. And fine those who are repeat offenders (2x or more) for any crime for any reason of $150.

7) Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen & Marines who serve active duty or reserve and serve in combat for any reason, recieve a stipen for the rest of their lives of $1500 monthly.

And come up with the technology to make it happen.

[edit on 4/14/2010 by mikelee]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
A political lie-detector would be a good start!
....one for the Bankers wouldn't be a bad idea either!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This is a joke, right?
No really, this is a joke right?

I don't even know where to begin with how ridiculous this is.
Speachless.

I'm sure that whatever "Technological Challenge" the government decides to work on, that we will see great progress and an end to whatever "Technological Challenge" is chosen, quickly once the government gets to work on that!

Why didn't someone think of this sooner??? We could have solved so many annoying "Technological Challenges" so much sooner!

Yay U.S. government!!!!
I vote for the government to remove what little "toxic" vitamins they have left in our genetically modified foods! (But they are probably already working on that one.)

Thank goodness for our U.S. government that really cares about us!
They don't want us to be "Technologically Challenged"!
That is sooooo thoughtful!

The government has done so much for us already,
and they just keep on giving!

Yay!!!!
I just want to say a big fat "THANK YOU" to the U.S. government!
God (or whatever) Bless You!!!

[edit on 14-4-2010 by illusions]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
All people who hold the highest offices in America have to prove they did any of the things they claim they did, held, or accomplished. Maybe get rid of radicals in the highest places of US Govt.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I think the key word here is "Technological". Most of your replies are OT in that aspect, but whatev.

Is this Obama's Idea? Don't get me wrong I think it's not a bad one, but really that's why I can't believe he came up with it.

Ok I'm going to shoot big and say FTL travel lol.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I'll second that with "Instantaneous Teleportation".
And a completely new concept of value-exchange, not money/wealth.

gj

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
here is a good one Mr. "President"...

JOBS!!!!

what an a-hole you are!!!!!

Do you think landing on mars or curing HIV creates no new jobs?

[edit on 14-4-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

JOBS!!!!

Yes, but in what country? Second line.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Put all of Hawaii's Office of Vital Statistics records online.

I was reading and developing my own suggestions but I couldn't hold a thought any longer after reading that.

Too funny.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
21st century techological challenges?

I think one of the most important is to create a methodology of agriculture that doesn't rely upon franken-foods or GM. To create a manner and plan of replacing all seed bases with open-pollinated and still be able to produce the massive amount of produce to meet the nation's (and then the world's) needs.

This would likely involve a massive amount of hands-on labor, as well as techological methods (mechanical means) of pest control, as opposed to pesticides. Along with that goes more energy efficient means of transporting goods, utilizing the current workforce of truckers, and perhaps subsidizing the initial engine modifications (hydrogen generators?).

This would all play well into the HCB, as open-pollinated, noncontaminated foods would surely produce a better quality of life for occupants of the country, as well as improved health.

Then, he could work on that pesky nuclear problem.

That is my idealistic wish. If we can do the above on a personal level with a modicum of land, we can do it on a larger scale. We just have to want to actually produce, and let huge profits take a back seat.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Do something about monopoly corporations that put a roadblock in the way to new scientific and technological development.

This will

1) Create more jobs
2) Allow for better improvements/products/services though competition

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by hippomchippo

JOBS!!!!

Yes, but in what country? Second line.

Many countries, probably mostly in america though, unless Obama wants china to take credit for landing on mars.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Mass produced anti gravity/free energy sources. The ride is only downhill from there

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Seriously now. A room temperature superconductor that can be produced in large quantities and cheaply. You give me that and I'll take care of the rest. Pollution free electric plants that you can put in your backyard.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

well i want to see some flying cars, commercial trips to the moon, jet packs, virtual reality, and something that will give movie directors GOOD ideas for a movie instead of all thea recent movie crap

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
For the United States to be the first country in the world providing FREE ENERGY to every citizen.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
How about investment into inexpensive, highly productive solar energy cells than can take every household of the grid...or at least make us minimally dependent on the grid.

EDIT:

Also, I would like to see legislation making it illegal for big corporations to purchase and suppress patents on technologies that are cleaner, safer, more efficient, revolutionary and beneficial to society (i.e., quit protecting the real criminals in this country)

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It's going to be a 21st century challenge, technical or not, for the new health care law not to break our country beyond repair.

Anyone who prefers life with dishonor, get ready to speak Mandarin.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

I think that's the winner.

BOOM HEADSHOT!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Also, I would like to see legislation making it illegal for big corporations to purchase and suppress patents on technologies that are cleaner, safer, more efficient, revolutionary and beneficial to society (i.e., quit protecting the real criminals in this country)

"Real criminals". That's a laugh. A patent has a life of 20 years. We have all heard stories about 200 MPG engines, super efficient caurburators, power generation systems and other "wonders", that had their patents bought by some super corporation (Big Oil, Big Auto, etc.). These stories have been around for decades.

Where's the technology? Some of these stories are well over 20 years old, where are they? Patent records are public documents. It is easy to aquire copies of expired patents. Once the patent has expired, anybody can manufacture the item.

Oh wait. I know. Big (insert corporation name here) bought off the people in the Patent Office to hide these "special" patents. Hmmn. Isn't the Patent Office a branch of the Government? The same Government that is run by Obama? Isn't Obama the one asking for these ideas? If you believe that patents are being supressed, what makes you think that any good ideas that might come from this won't also be supressed?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join