It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcanic Ash from Eyjafjallajökull(Iceland) causes air traffic groundings in Norway.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
If this eruption lasts for 2 or 3 years what then?

Ah the return to the good 'ol days of leisurely transatlantic crossings on magnificent ocean liners.

OR

The A%#%%les who are keeping the antigravity secrets could break out the good stuff!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Good to see this important news is getting some coverage on ATS. Starred and flagged. OP could you maybe change the title to cover how this is affecting Europe, as that might get this thread the attention it deserves. This is front page news in UK:

news.bbc.co.uk...

Cheers,

Aelf

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
the dust cloud will reach holland in 30 min and I have to say I live nearby a highway and there is ALOT less traffic then normal lol.

will get a camera to make pictures If I get any chance to see the dust cloud lol.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I was listening to the radio (Dutch Radio 2) around noon and the DJ "Frits Spits" was interviewing a spokeswoman from Schiphol (Amsterdam) Airport. The DJ told that ANP was reporting that Dutch airspace would be closed but the woman didn't want to confirm it. She said that closing Dutch airspace was almost unimaginable and things would have to worsen much more before that would happen.
BTW I don't see any dust, it's been a clear blue sky all day...
It's almost sundown and the sky was supposed to turn red from all the dust.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/492534a9be0cb690.jpg[/atsimg]
At least there are for once no chemtrails.

Here the live Satellite:
www.sat24.nl...

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Regenstorm]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
I was listening to the radio (Dutch Radio 2) around noon and the DJ "Frits Spits" was interviewing a spokeswoman from Schiphol (Amsterdam) Airport. The DJ told that ANP was reporting that Dutch airspace would be closed but the woman didn't want to confirm it. She said that closing Dutch airspace was almost unimaginable and things would have to worsen much more before that would happen.
BTW I don't see any dust, it's been a clear blue sky all day...
It's almost sundown and the sky was supposed to turn red from all the dust.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/492534a9be0cb690.jpg[/atsimg]
At least there are for once no chemtrails.

Here the live Satellite:
www.sat24.nl...

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Regenstorm]

Maybe they are preparing for a bigger eruption ebfore it happens so no planes are in the sky at the time? Just a thought... all though a very frightening one.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Ok i can see why air travel grounded in U.K,, but Spain? or am i reading this wrong:

Link here (i hope) www.flightradar24.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What I heard, and I have no idea if this is true or not (I'm nowhere near Europe,) is that the real reason for the flights being grounded is that there are Coronal Mass Ejections.

I'm not really sure why they would be lying about it though. I didn't think the solar activity as of late was exactly a secret.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join