It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to create a seperate personality...?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well from my point of view I had a trauma episode in my life so I can give you a little insight in this matter. This other personality that one develope can be very powerfull it can decide or advice the main personality you can dialouge in the mind with it and it can give clear answers. Sometimes it does act be its own will and can control arms legs speach etc. I belive it is more like a spirit or a conection to a past life but that is my personal view. In meditation by thinking on this other personality I can achieve better and deeper awareness.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
In my beliefs where I see the Kosmos as a living being and fractal-partial part of God it is a place where our soul travels from body to body in the eternal Brahman. There exist advanced beings and people even ghosts can enter a Human body and take over the original host.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
reply to post by St Udio

hey, i'm schizo... i pop into and out of personalities, characters all the time,

That is quite a statement to make really, unless you have DID/MPD yourself? and if you did you would know the "schizo" bares absolutely no relationship/similarity to DID/MPD

Unless that is you see ME is a Schizo for having the DID label.

the schizophrenic can also manifest manic-depressive symptoms too... but is in no way alike the 'bi-polars' walking around in the every day world...

hey, there's a thin veil, membrane... between all us cateogorized individuals...you seem to want (for whatever reason) to create a wide gulf or chasm between we 'afflicted' (i say blessed)...

thanks for your input anyways

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsAgentScully

Yes you can 100%...

Actors do it all the time....

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by ItsAgentScully

Yes you can 100%...

Actors do it all the time....

Too right, surprised no one thought of this.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
We only use a small percentage of our brains so who knows maybe we all have seperate personalies but those seperate personalities could be currently liveing in higher dimensions while we are stuck in this reality, the bottom floor.

Who knows maybe it has something to do with it sort of being a static Universe, what ever that means. If we create Energy by living maybe it is a power supply for where ever we all eventually go.

I mean it just makes no sense that we only use a small percentage, maybe there is a reason to that.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
reply to post by St Udio

hey, i'm schizo... i pop into and out of personalities, characters all the time,

That is quite a statement to make really, unless you have DID/MPD yourself? and if you did you would know the "schizo" bares absolutely no relationship/similarity to DID/MPD

Unless that is you see ME is a Schizo for having the DID label.

the schizophrenic can also manifest manic-depressive symptoms too... but is in no way alike the 'bi-polars' walking around in the every day world...

hey, there's a thin veil, membrane... between all us cateogorized individuals...you seem to want (for whatever reason) to create a wide gulf or chasm between we 'afflicted' (i say blessed)...

thanks for your input anyways

I have worked supporting those with Schizophrenia, and Bi-Polar disorders and and and the labeled, and many, many other survivors like myself...

Most of the time my voluntary work (with what was the UKs National Schizophrenic Fellowship) has taken the shape of advocate for the labeled.. so the only gulf I see and live is the one between the labellers and the labeled..

I have a dislike for the labellers, especially the ones who use words as a "cover all" or as throw away statements.. so If I responded to you incorrectly, I hope you accept my apology

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Absolutely. Although I would have to bypass your will. It will take some time but your existing personality will need to be partitioned. But once you had a donor ego, you could build on it whatever you deem necessary. It would need constant maintenance though, and switching between the two, or more, egos would need an external post hypnotic anchor. Like a song or color. The only thing is, the egos would be in a hierarchy, meaning the ones that are in the subconscious would be aware of the primary. But the primary would not be aware of the others. We usually name them alpha, beta, gamma and so on. But it is possible to promote your preferred ego to alpha. And then deprogram the leftovers. Find someone that knows what they are doing because it can get messy. The post hypnotic anchr, song, ringtone, color would need to be unfamiliar. Could you imagine being in public and just switch to an 8 yr old girl. Hilarious
edit on 19-10-2014 by justinsshadow because: Didn't type anything

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This is certainly something you can mess around with.

Try researching tulpas, there's even forums based around this, personally I think most of those people are being foolish playing with things they hardly understand.

Then there's the MK-Ultra thing, where they artificially create a dissaccociated personality through trauma.

Aside from those two possibilities I guess there's also the possibility to fundamentally change your personality to an extent too, just by actively choosing to be different.

Then there's entity attachments, they could communicate in various ways, ask any schizophrenic.

a reply to: justinsshadow

And I guess the first obvious question that comes to mind is, who the ___ are you to have such experience?
edit on 20-10-2014 by TheLaughingGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I found that I could create a different personality, but only to a certain extent- there are some deeply imbedded ways of seeing things, or feeling about things, that I can "pretend" are different, but only temporarily.

I think the context and environment is probably a huge influence though. You need a context which reinforces the new personality. Your present personality was largely shaped by your environment, and if that doesn't change, it won't.

I live in another country, and at this point, i feel like I have a french personality and my original american personality.
I actually feel differently about things, and react differently to them, according to which mindset I am in.
Language is a big part of that- language carries all sorts of associations, morals, ethics, perspectives, which are part of the culture it originates in.

As far as "who I am" inside, that just became something really wide open and not very distinct. I am consciousness, potential, without preferences.... the different "personalities" I describe are simply like programs on a computer that my body has in it and the consciousness can use them for interacting with the world.

But creating such programs is a fairly lengthy and complex process.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ItsAgentScully

It sounds incredibly difficult, one would have to know about different behaviour patterns and personality types, and then, one would have to program it and then load it into their mind.

That being said, an actor can read a character description, detailed by a professional writer, who knows about different personality types, can put himself into a "zone" and emulate the character in the story. I could imagine an actor that has become very fond of one of the characters that he has portrayed, acting as this character in public. Of course it would be fictitious, and the details about the character such as place of birth and history would be totally fabricated.

Perhaps you can look up personality types and characteristics, get a piece of paper, and draw a mind-map of your own personality as if you were going to use it in a story. Then, I guess, you could take a new sheet and then edit your own personality, and try to be an actor in a play.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join