It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to create a seperate personality...?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Is it possible to willingly create a separate personality or conscious in yourself? Everyone seems to have some things about them mentally/emotionally they want to change permanently. If there were multiple things, is it possible to create a separate "personality" that embodies who you've always wanted to be?

If this doesn't make sense just say so and I'll try and explain in better detail.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Everyone keeps asking me if I know Tyler Durden...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Even though i was never straight in life, in terms of sexuality, i think sometimes i could of pretended.

I think thats as far as you can go with yourself, but the government probably can make loads of you.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Everyone keeps asking me if I know Tyler Durden...

The first rule of Fight Club..is you don't talk about Fight Club....someone will be round to "see" you shortly.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsAgentScully

Well, there is that saying if you want to be a certain way, just "act" that way. Eventually you will become it. I don't know though. An entirely new and different personality you mean? Outwardly it would seem possible,but at least subconsciously I think the same "old" self or personality would be lurking in the shadows.
The power of thoughts and will-power can accomplish amazing things...so I guess all I'm longwindedly saying is, "I dunno." LOL

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I suggest watching the movie "Me, Myself and Irene" with Jim Carry. Hilarious movie. He develops split personality disorder after 20 years of denial.

That being said, movie aside, I think it is possible to create a new "you". Like an above poster said. Just act the part until it becomes you. Or do like Jim Carry and just deny a side of yourself for 20 years until it comes out with a vengence..

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Why Not!

NEW BOOK CHALLENGES SCIENTIFIC LEGITIMACY OF MULTIPLE
PERSONALITY DISORDER

"Multiple Identities and False Memories: A Sociocognitive
Perspective" Likely to Stimulate Professional Debate

WASHINGTON -- Since the mid-1970s there has been tremendous
growth in the diagnosis of Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD) --
the development of sometimes hundreds of separate personalities
within the same body, often ascribed to childhood physical or
sexual abuse. But according to research psychologist Nicholas P.
Spanos, Ph.D., Multiple Personality Disorder (recently renamed
Dissociative Identity Disorder or DID), is not a
"disease" at all, but a "social construction"...

Note the term 'social construction' instead of a disease
which you have no control over

this is from:
www.sciencedaily.com...

hey, i'm schizo... i pop into and out of personalities, characters all the time,

you might look up a old timey classic book 'Sybil', i think she had 19 personalities, but that may have been in a different universe

[edit on 14-4-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Yep it is, I have been labeled Dissociative Identity Disorder.. used to be called the more understandable MPD (multiple personality disorder)

DID is the extreme end of the dissociative disorders like PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) and is created in reaction to extreme trauma.

To simplify (which I am sure I will be corrected on) when a personality faces great trauma it can compartmentalise the traumatised part of the personality and create a new personality to carry on, perhaps the new personality will exhibit traits lacking in the previous personality that might be a benefit.

The new personality could be male, female, even an animal.. the depth of the personality and traits it exhibits does depend on the situations being faced. so one personality could be very shallow with few memories and the next a full personality will full access to the hosts memories.

So in response to your question, if this can be created in response to trauma then I am sure there must be a way for someone to create their own defined personality.. however I would not recommend it..

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
A personality is the sum of the signals you send through body language and conversation.

Just understand the signals that make up your "current" personality and then alter them.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well multiple personality disorder...but really, a personality or "you" is simply a collection of memories/events.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
My spiritual self is about as close as I can get to doing so, but I dont remember creating it as I do remember connecting with it.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

hey, i'm schizo... i pop into and out of personalities, characters all the time,

That is quite a statement to make really, unless you have DID/MPD yourself? and if you did you would know the "schizo" bares absolutely no relationship/similarity to DID/MPD

Unless that is you see ME is a Schizo for having the DID label.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
While research into multiple personalities is still lacking, some theories suggest that it is possible. Although it seems to be more of a coping technique rather than anything else. A person will willingly switch into a personality they see as stronger in order to deal with an especially traumatic situation.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sorry, but I don't believe it's possible to create an alternate by your own doing.

Alternate personalities are born within as a means of protection. Most documented cases where someone has a true case of MPD were/are victims of severe sexual,mental, &/or emotional abuse by someone else. When the abuse is getting ready to take place, or as it is taking place, the alternate will surface so that he/she can take the abuse for the host personality. The alternate is usually much stronger emotionally & may even have a higher pain tolerance. Once the abuse is over, the alternate goes back under allowing the host to surface.

If you could create a true alternate personality on your own, you are a danger to yourself. Most likely, if someone is this psychotic, they'll be in jail or have committed suicide before establishing true MPD.

Great research includes the books Sybil, The Three Faces of Eve, & When Rabbit Howls. Illuminati personality fracturing: research Svali. She is currently missing & her husband has never been detained or brought to trial.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

The creation of a different personality is often used in mind control programming. To create that personality, the use of violence or some traumatic event is sometimes used to create that separate personality.

I would encourage you to search MKULTRA and begin to read how a person is broken down and prepared for mind control. I believe it will answer most of your concerns and will most likely answer many of your questions. While there exists a multitude of information, I would recommend the book "Trance Formation of America" by Phillips and O'Brien. It will shock you but it will explain in horrific detail how these different personalities are created and why they are created.

Here is a couple of links to help you get started.

www.trance-formation.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

People say the word schizo for all mental illness, but teh definition of schizo could be everyone.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think the short answer to yor question is pretty obvious: it's your mind you can play with it ever how you want. Want a new personality, fine change it, it's your option. Having the thought that your personality is distinct and separate from "you": priceless.

Now is it actually necessary? If your concept of self changes your personality will change. Being able to separate your thoughts from yourself is a big step in understanding yourself. Keep up the good work.

gj

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
To put it succinctly. Yes.

It is known from many (many) different perspectives, and it can be both engendered by your own force of character (or will) or, more malevolently, it can be forged into a person via various 'brute force' methods including (but not limited to) drugs, torture, and intensely controlled 'environmental' pressure.

But the key aspect of the point is that changing oneself, is different than 'creating a new you.' One is a process of internal evaluation, the other is a chosen affectation.

While I agree we have along way to go before we can begin to understand the TRUE nature of what many refer to as multiple-personality disorder, I am not among those who dismiss the idea as a scam or contrivance because frankly, I don't know. I can at least entertain the notion that it could exist, without having to defend or attack it as a matter of principle.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Illuminati personality fracturing: research Svali.

That's horrible news, perhaps not suprising but not good. Her radio interviews were revealing to say the least.

There is a long background to mind control, and you can learn a lot in a short while about the subject, especially as it applies to the deliberate splitting of personalities. Apparantly it's very effective. Please consider just the tableof contents for this book.

Thanks for The Memories
The Truth Has Set Me Free!

The Memoirs of Bob Hope's and Henry Kissinger's mind-controlled Slave
By Brice Taylor

The table of contents, worth a scan :

educate-yourself.org...

Operation Monarch means "a lot of things to a lot of people" but refers most directly to the post-trauma sensation of butterflies rising after the application of various extreme torture methods that leave the victim in a suggestive state. I'm no expert on any of this stuff, but I decided to research it recently so here ya go! You may want to skip right down to the definitions for Alpha, Beta, Delta, and Theta to explain some of the vacous, gaga expressions on certain celebs faces.

www.outpost-of-freedom.com...

PROJECT MONARCH PROGRAMMING DEFINITIONS

1. ALPHA - This is considered "regular programming." This is actually what would be considered a "base Personality" control. The original purpose of Alpha was to program (train/condition the mind through torture) of the espionage agent to perform certain difficult tasks. This program also locks in photographic memory, improves physical strength up to 5 times, and visual acuity is radically improved to 40 times normal limits, along with a host of other super-human traits. Alpha programming is accomplished through deliberately subdividing the victim's personality, which in essence causes a left brain right brain division allowing for a programmed union of L and R through neuron pathway stimulations and you've got . a person who can now utilize both sides of his/her brain for any simple task.

I don't think it's healthy to want any division of personalities or you would see evidence of the shadow elite partaking in it themselves, straining after any advantage. It's only benefit is for creating slaves imo.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Northwarden]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Yes but its a process which takes time, you have to cultivate it. For example, if you want to be more outgoing the only way to do that is to actually be outgoing, which means overcoming your inhibitions towards people, which is not an overnight process. If you want to be more funny, you have to get into a state of mind which is comedic, easygoing, lighthearted, and you have to understand what your sense of humor is in the first place.

If you want to be like "that guy over there" you will fail. You have to go for being who you want to be, but understand that your outward appearances and actions are only the lowest manifestation of your inner self, its a reflection of the higher/inner world and is not really "who you are". In other words you should not believe that who you project yourself as being is who you really are, it serves who you really are, otherwise its just ego.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join