It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wants Israel to sign nuclear non-proliferation treaty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Obama wants Israel to sign nuclear non-proliferation treaty

rawstory.com

US President Barack Obama on Tuesday said his administration wanted to see all countries sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, including Israel.

..."As far as Israel goes, I'm not going to comment about their program," Obama told a news conference.

But he said that "whether we are talking about Israel or any other country, we think that becoming part of the NPT is important."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Press both Iran, Israel on nukes: Egypt

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Believe it or not, this is no April fools joke.

But it does appear to be a play on words. Obama did not actually say the exact words in the title, but what he did say does sound like that's what he meant.

Is it any wonder that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declined to attend the event? He KNEW this was going to turn the tables on Israel, and call into question their hypocrisy on the nuke issue!

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

the bloody anti semetic president
the countries surrounded by blood thursty muslims who would invade
israel on a whim if they didnt have those nukes.

what is he thinking.

thought i would get that out the way before the JDL jump in

anhow on a serious note if this true
hes got balls and serious balls.
Israel seem to be bloody hypcripts in the middle east
they have Nukes (assumed) and they are the most aggressive

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

GObama

I am not a anti-semite by any stretch..I am all for the jews, Israel, etc...but their government is outragously off the walls insane...warmongering arses whom deserve to be taken out and flogged.

I dont know how the average israeli looks upon this new revelation of how the US is treating its "ally" in the middle east...any israeli's on ATS that can shed some light? Do you see value in this or are you for the most part, pro-military government? Hard to detatch yourself when you live in fear of some nut blowing up the bus you ride on, but sometimes with enough threats of terror, people stop becoming scared and start to question what all this is about to begin with.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
He didn't say anything.

He said " I won't discuss Israel's Nuclear Program."

Then on a side note he says it's important for countries to participate, this is a clear cop out.

He's just running in circles. Obama does not have the balls to tell Israel what to do about anything. I'm sure his biggest worry is wether or not they attack Iran without consulting them or asking for help.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I am no israeli, but I have dealt with many.

The problem is that most other nations can lose a war and retain their national identity. Israel must win every war, because a single loss means the loss of everthing that have done to reverse their destruction from nearly 2,000 years ago. with that in mind, anyone can say or sign anything, but the Israelis WILL have nuclear weapons.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

does that mean we get to try and reverse the destruction of the native americans in the US, the natives in Austalia and so forth?

one country cant preach about others being a threat with nukes when it
its self has nukes and wont go down the same path.

when it comes to the tyrants in Iran compared to those in Israel
Israel will always be the bigger evil and bigger threat to national security of the US and its allies.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Your title and post article are totally misleading. Yes, Netanyahu backed out fearing pressure from Turkey et al.regarding Dimona. Obama has stated repeatedly that this summit was to focus on "loose" nukes and smuggling. He was ASKED about Israel at the news conference, and said he's "not going to comment about their program".

As far as signing the NPT...what's wrong with thinking all nuclear countries should sign? Especially since it's Israel crying the loudest about a nuke free mid east? Yes, Israel and ANY country" becoming part of the NPT IS important". Nowhere did he single out Israel or make statements to pressure them.

Also interesting to note, when this appeared in Israels Haaretz.com yesterday, the title boasted of Obama "dodging" the question regarding Israels nukes. and Dan Meridor, heading the Israeli delegation, has even come out to reitify there "was no ambush".

So, no...Obama is not going after Israel, unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Your title and post article are totally misleading. Yes, Netanyahu backed out fearing pressure from Turkey et al.regarding Dimona. Obama has stated repeatedly that this summit was to focus on "loose" nukes and smuggling. He was ASKED about Israel at the news conference, and said he's "not going to comment about their program".

As far as signing the NPT...what's wrong with thinking all nuclear countries should sign? Especially since it's Israel crying the loudest about a nuke free mid east? Yes, Israel and ANY country" becoming part of the NPT IS important". Nowhere did he single out Israel or make statements to pressure them.

Also interesting to note, when this appeared in Israels Haaretz.com yesterday, the title boasted of Obama "dodging" the question regarding Israels nukes. and Dan Meridor, heading the Israeli delegation, has even come out to reitify there "was no ambush".

So, no...Obama is not going after Israel, unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Illusive, I was not suggesting anything. I was simply stating the facts. The victims of the Crimean War deserve recognition of their suffering, yet they are not an independent nation with nuclear weapons. If they were, I doubt we would see them give up such weapons.

Israel exists. They have fought for their national cause. They have nuclear weapons. They intend to keep nuclear weapons. No one is going to talk them out of their nuclear weapons. This is my point.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Please Dont Start joining the obama bandwagon

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Just because we don't like the guy doesn't mean we have to disagree with every single word that comes out of his mouth.

The sun shines on a dogs behind every now and again.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The way i see it is that israel is the extension of the anglo american empir ein middle east. Personally i think israel is part of the usa, but people are not told.

They always dodge the israel issue, and i think this is why.

Israel is just anglo american extension into middle east, no more no less.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Just because we don't like the guy doesn't mean we have to disagree with every single word that comes out of his mouth?

The sun shines on a dogs behind every now and again.

ROFL. That cracked me up.

Bingo. I don't agree with a lot about Obama, but I definitely agree with making Israel sign the NPT, and for the IAEA to commence monitoring on them, the way Iran has been monitored now for so long. Even though some here will swear I am a staunch Obama hater because I want to see his long form BC, that has no bearing whatsoever on other issues for me with him. There is an advantage to being a non-political type by nature: I don't see party lines. I see individual issues and the decisions made to deal with those issues. Regardless of who they are from.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
About time!

asdfasfff

new topics

top topics

join