It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Nuclear Cruiser Makes Port Call In Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Russian Nuclear Cruiser Makes Port Call In Syria

en.rian.ru

Russia's nuclear-powered missile cruiser Pyotr Veliky has arrived in Syria's Mediterranean port of Tartus ahead of Russian Navy drills in the Indian Ocean.

A large Syrian naval delegation accompanied by Russia's ambassador to Syria, Sergei Kirpichenko, visited the Russian warship on Wednesday.

"The Pyotr Veliky's visit to the Syrian port of Tartus is a symbolic event. It is a continuation of our historic ties with Syria that serves as a guarantee of our future cooperation not only in the nav...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

REAL BREAKING NEWS!

- Unscheduled visit by Russian Flag Ship to Syria! -

BREAKING EDIT!

WHITE HOUSE SAYS U.S. HAS EXPRESSED ITS CONCERN TO SYRIA AT HIGHEST LEVEL

www.alertnet.org...

At least for all of us, who have been following day by day, hour after hour what is really happening in great Middle Eastern Chess game, expecting war soon to begin in region - This is really big news.

Just day after straight warnings given from Israeli president and prime minister towards Syria - "Scud Crisis is on" - and direct threats have been issued - Russia makes very strong strategical move on region.

Ship what was officially on its way to Indian ocean, suddenly shows up in Syria - giving Syrian government safety promises which beats anything what can be said - Flag ship in harbor is a fact, and makes Israeli possible idea to bomb that country now almost impossible.

"I am certain that we will witness new and significant progress in our bilateral cooperation in the near future," Kirpichenko said.

When we connect to this that very same day US Navy is docking in Georgia... Hmmm... This makes really wonder, how tense is situation now behind the curtains;

en.rian.ru...

Just yesterday I was thinking the status of Syria and Lebanon now after the nuclear summit, when seems like Iran is achieving SCO safety guarantees... Are them just left to wolfs? Official answer came in just 24 hours. No, they are not left alone to deal with Israeli threat.

War against Iran and Syria - means war against Russia and SCO? Whoah!!!

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-4-2010 by JanusFIN]

[edit on 14-4-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Very interesting find!

Slowly but surely the TPTB are moving all of their chess peices into place, it is only a matter of time before we have a checkmate on our hands.

Not long to wait now I think!

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Resentedhalo08]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This is just more chess moves, the same kind that we did on a much larger scale during the Cold War.

This is like Cold War lite.

Only if ATS had existed during the Cold War, half the members on here would be having strokes and heart attacks everytime the Soviets sneezed.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Active thread concerning "Scud Crisis" is going on here:

'Scud Crisis' Threatens War between Israel, Hizbullah

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Nothing to worry about. Russia uses ports in Syria and has done for a while. This story from 2007

In an effort to expand its military presence in the international arena and reestablish a naval presence in the Middle East, Russia has dispatched a naval fleet to the region, including a guided missile cruiser, two anti submarine ships and 47 fighter planes. The fleet will dock at the Syrian port of Tartus where Russia maintains a technical base. At the same port, Iranian ships are also docked.

www.infolive.tv...

Yes, it's definitely a "message" but not a sign of imminent war or anything.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Of course we know about Tartus here, and its use to act as Russian dock (still not a base) but timing here is most important. Like I said - visit is unscheduled and that makes visit a clear message to Tel Aviv to back up in their possible plans to strike Damascus.

Russia has done it before, and they just did it again. Israel should think it twice, and I hope too, that they get this clear message - and Israeli warmongering will be silenced once again.

Peace!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
This is just more chess moves, the same kind that we did on a much larger scale during the Cold War.

Only if ATS had existed during the Cold War, half the members on here would be having strokes and heart attacks everytime the Soviets sneezed.

just with half the calories
couldnt resist

anyhow on topic

hopefully Russia also throwing some weight around (well what it has left)
will make the israelis think twice before starting a war with Iran and syria (even so its still at war with syria )

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by Curio

Of course we know about Tartus here, and its use to act as Russian dock (still not a base) but timing here is most important. Like I said - visit is unscheduled and that makes visit a clear message to Tel Aviv to back up in their possible plans to strike Damascus.

Russia has done it before, and they just did it again. Israel should think it twice, and I hope too, that they get this clear message - and Israeli warmongering will be silenced once again.

Peace!

Unscheduled military visits aren't very unusual, and it couldn't have been that unscheduled if it was greeted by a delegation
I just don't think this is big news. Russian/Iranian ships are obviously around there quite a bit for a variety of reasons. If it was a Russian fleet then maybe it would be news, but one ship is nothing more than diplomatic "meet and greet"....and the whole "unscheduled" part is just for a bit of extra press.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Ok - But in my opening I made that already clear - that this really is a big news for us, who are very carefully focused to this damn difficult ME Chess, (witch also will take all your time and energy...) You have to connect all the recent dots, not just few from past days, to see how big news this really is.

To public we havent get anything out from last Washington Summit, and what really has happened there, and that is most alarming. China and Russia is yelling out that no deals or sanctions have been proved - not in nuclear sector, or in oil sector. That means strategic alliance with Iran - SCO.

Then we have Syria - Iranian most important ally. Whats is its status in this new and very hostile enviroment, where coming new war is in Israeli headlines from day to another, and now just grow to "red alert" towards Syria and Lebanon. Think about it.

What will happen if Israel strikes Syria or Iran in this moment, or after week or two? We will have a world war my friend, and I dont mean anything less - but huge bloody war witch can last decade or two - maybe our lifetime left.

Like I said - I just hope this Russian act just made that future impossible and balance in Middle East is restored. That made this big news.

But I like your optimism - I hope to have some of it left

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Breaking!

WHITE HOUSE SAYS U.S. HAS EXPRESSED ITS CONCERN TO SYRIA AT HIGHEST LEVEL

www.alertnet.org...

--- Wtf?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Star.

Yes it is worth noting but...

The Russians can't really do too much with only one ship. Not to belittle the situation.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Latest news from Russian Navy in Syria, but based mainly to article sended top news of this thread earlier by RIA NOVOSTI.

Russia modernizing Syria ports for its warships

Officials said the navies of Russia and Syria were enhancing cooperation over the last year. They said Moscow was modernizing naval facilities in Syria's port of Latakia and Tartous to accommodate Russian Navy warships. "I am certain that we will witness new and significant progress in our bilateral cooperation in the near future," Russian ambassador to Syria, Sergei Kirpichenko, said.

www.worldtribune.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
New story in RIA Novosti about visit in Syria, Including Video Clip!

Pyotr Veliky, battle cruiser, visits Syria

A big delegation from the Syrian Arab Republic’s military headed by the country’s naval Commander-in-Chief Taleb al Barri visited the Russian Pyotr Veliky heavy nuclear-powered missile cruiser in the Syrian port of Tartus. During their visit, the Syrian naval high officials were accompanied by Sergei Kirpichenko, Russia’s ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary in Syria.

Tartus is Syria’s second largest city after Latakia and was founded by the Phoenicians in the second century BC. During the Crusader era the port was a Christian stronghold in the eastern Mediterranean.

Syria is one of the few countries that still have Russian military facilities. There is a materials support dockyard for the Russian navy that was constructed in Tartus during Soviet times – in 1988. The base has a small staff of Russian seamen to maintain the facility.

en.rian.ru...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

New story in RIA Novosti about visit in Syria, Including Video Clip!

The audio is so funny...
I can't stop laughing... the accent is so weird...

It's like it's a computer reading software reading a script... No one can speak like that for real...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

- Well - it looks like RIA Novosti doesnt support PM Putins attitude towards... Yep - he really sounds like a gay.

In fact, I would know how long this ship is about to stay in Tartus - no mention about it or how many ships belongs to its fleet.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Although I agree with what you are saying but there is a crucial difference between the Cold War and the current conflict: Israel perceives Iran to be such a threat to its existence that it will sooner or later take the initiative to take them out. Most probably with American support as it is widely believed that they cannot do it solely.

What do you reckon? That Israel will not passively sit by waiting to see Iran growing stronger and possibly become a nuclear power?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
If there is indeed going to be another war, I wish they would just hurry up and get on with it.

I'm getting bored waiting.,,,

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

In cold war Russia didnt have China behind their back like these days.

Latest from SCO - I think we talk about it yesterday. I just read latest articles about last meeting - Its impossible to find any differences between Russia and China. Medvedev also mentioned that their minister level exchange will continue.

Hu, Medvedev pledge to boost bilateral relations

www.china.org.cn...

Medvedev, Hu discuss major economic projects

www.itar-tass.com...

Both went to Brazil directly from Washington, and like you can read - not much talks about Iran - but cooperation in all levels, and both seems to back up each others against any major sanctions against Iran.

Just underlines everything what I have kept on saying about SCO and its very important influence in world affairs.

new topics

top topics

join