It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the egotist...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
So you can tell early in a tournament when someone's overplaying their pocket nines on a board with an overcard. Maybe you paired the overcard. Maybe you smoothcalled with ace large and you catch on the turn. You stack a fool and you feel good.

You see the stall from your opponent when an ace hits the turn and smell the bluff. You raise that ass... Seeing your opponent take time and eventually cave gives you power.

You overcall the min-raise from the guy under the gun with a big pair and wait for the pot to come to you.

You're intuitive and you have the experience to detect. You have the balls to take that pot away from the weak pair with your deuce trey from the BB. You have the sense to hold off and wait for YOUR spot.

You play your game - not their game. You are in control.

Good for you.

You're not a pro. You're not special.

Just don't tell me how good you are. Don't tell me your name. Don't wear sunglasses with a thousand dollar name on the side. Actually, wear those glasses, and when you sit on them like I sit on mine, don't bitch about it, because no one cares. You don't even know why you're wearing them inside a building anyway.

Pull your goddamn pants up. Don't wear your hat like a retarded seven year old. Don't sit at the table with your 'I'm hot, but I'm not your girlfriend, I just think you have money because you tell me you do, so I hang out' anorexic braindead groupie for the next half hour before you bust out three places before the bubble.

And for the love of all that is good and wholesome - don't press your diaphragm against your lungs, push air out while flexing your musculus vocalis, and form your lips and tongue to form words pertaining to your own perceived, and completely unearned and unwarranted grandiosity.

Or I will cut you.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
wow!

that deserves a clap...not sure I have ever heard a NLHE rant before...I play alot but nothing big and trust me I am not that guy

I am Mr. Plays Too Close and have a REAL hard time bluffing

that may be my reason I get scared when I am holding anything but a pocket pair are at least an AK off

but then again...that is why you'll never see me at the WSOP

PS...two notes

1. I LOVE seeing those egotists play against someone like Negreanu who can read their hand as if they just plain handed Daniel their cards

2. I love to see Hellmuth lose...ANY day ANY time...loud mouth loser

Awesome post

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Funny thing you might find interesting.

I've dealt poker to Negreanu and Brat many times, and you'd be surprised to know that your perception is backwards.

Negreanu, is an awesome player, don't get me wrong, but he's one of the worst losers I've ever seen. And he's totally nitpicky to the point where he's critiquing play of a hand while the hand is being played EVEN WHEN HE'S NOT IN A HAND. He's really bad for dealers, and in my opinion, his style of losing bad is far worse than Hellmuth's.

On the other hand, Phil's a really nice guy most of the time, and the times that you see him going off, it's all part of a metagame strategy. He's not really as angry as he lets on, he simply wants to train his opponents to play more predictably in future encounters.

All smoke and mirrors, man.

For a long time, I respected Negreanu for his seemingly contrite and respectful play. Make no mistake, he's only like that when the camera is on him. Otherwise, he's about 11 years old. If he was big enough to flip the table over, he might.

I've been hired for the WSOP this year, but with any luck, I won't have to. I'll go make some real money.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
wow!

Thanks alot for that!

I supposed that ESPN2 will only show Phil's outbursts because it makes for good TV...on the other hand Daniel is always seen as the clean cut nice boy so they wanna keep that

oh man I have questions now...

is Ivey really that calm and cool?

Do people really cheer alot when Harrington shows up or gets knocked out?

Is Matasow really a jerk?

sorry I could do this for DAYS

I love poker...I mostly play Omaha and mx it up with NLHE...once in a while I had some friends that will play blind 3-Card Brag

again...I am not shark...not even CLOSE...but I love poker and I love watching it

Who is your favorite pro?

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
oh silly card players. Dont you know if you want to win at poker all you have to do is
1.learn how to play
2. get a group of people to watch rounders and then ask them to play cards.
3. watch them play like retards and take their money.

I enjoy playing from time to time but people get so angry, i think is what i hear the most is "OMG you don't even know how to play, you play like an iddot" while i proceed to win. I noticed that no matter how many times you tell the other guy "I have _____" they will never believe you no matter how many times you show them that you are not a liar.

new topics

top topics

join