It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1.8 Billion Year Old Nuclear Reactor In African Republic Of Gabon

page: 3&mem=
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by THEsmokefrog

can you produce any evidence that it is artificial ?

I ASK YOU GOOD SIR, CAN U PRODUCE IRREFUTABLE EVIDENCE THAT IT IS NOT???
heres some good and not so good examples of what shudnt exist if u think that i am totally out of the ballpark on this one, i simply say investigate further as i am.

www.goldenageproject.org.uk...
peace

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

hey dude, i see your point i was merely saying it was totally unknown to me until i found it, i was also merely postulating that for all any single one person here knows it could be natural OR artificial, im in the midst of looking also, hence the lack of more evidence yet, i am still looking but replying to the smart comments on here is rather time consuming, i am not a nuclear physicist by the way lol, but an interesting fact for ya a Mr Robert Durak ( one of the scientists on the original US nuclear research project) basically proved that there are almost unlimited numbers of realities with and unlimited number of differentials in each so who knows what is and isnt truly possible.
peace

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
for anyone who desires to look further here you are-
www.s8int.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is quite some discovery. Things of this type have been coming more and more frequently to the public's eyes.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEsmokefrog
www.s8int.com...

That website was particularly amateurish and the majority about natural reactors can easily be torn apart. If you wish - I can.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
May be time travel?!

too short.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Every 3600 years there seems to be a major event that destroys entire civilizations. So there could have been many cultures with advanced technology ,so How old is the earth 4.5 billion years. I think man needs to stop thinking himself the center of the universe.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gamma 49

Quite apart from the fact that there is no such sequence of events 3,600 years apart (you should stop believing youtube and pay more attention to reality). Are you aware how many such 3,600 year events will have occurred in the past 1,800,000,000 years? And can you explain the relevance to this subject?

Or are you claiming there have been hundreds of millions of advanced civilisations destroyed?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackalope_hunter
reply to post by PhyberDragon

The vatican not only keeps several books from the Bible that are thought to have been destroyed by "saints" but also detailed records of every exorcism performed for the past several hundred years that has been ordained by the church.

Screw robbing a bank.. i want to get my hands on some of that stuff..

As would I.

But you do mean you would sell it, right ? or would you keep them like me.
knowledge is power

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Wow. All I can say. Wow.

I'm not usually awe-stricken by science, but this is really profound.

I'm not impressed by natural fission or the possibility of an ancient civilization (yeah, right), but by the further evidence of drift in the fundamental constants. I've read about that elsewhere, but I never really considered the implications.

It's possible that we discover, just as the universe's speed-limit comes from an asymptotic energy requirement, that time itself (in reverse) runs asymptotically. Basically, that what we think we see as the beginning of the universe is actually an instant that we can never reach if time flowed backwards... in other words, that the universe has ALWAYS been in existence. The implications of changing universal constants are unthinkably powerful, and nearly infinite.

This makes me very excited to see what the next generation of physicists can make of the origins of the universe! I rarely do this, but star+flag for the OP!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I had read something a LONG time ago that suggest the deserts on earth were once population centers.

They went to war, or were attack, and they had nukes. The effects of the nuke attack blast created the sand and ruined the soil underneath.

Anyone else hear that one?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz

Originally posted by THEsmokefrog
www.s8int.com...

That website was particularly amateurish and the majority about natural reactors can easily be torn apart. If you wish - I can.

Hey amigo, if u can indeed pick it apart conclusively then be my guest, though between you and i it had better be conclusive or others like yourself will do the same to you lol, as said i am just providing links to pages i have found in my spare time, as with both sides it is mere conjecture as neither regular nor exotic theory has much in the way of proof, as much as you hate to admit it! all we really can do from here is provide what we can to expand the experience of those that wish to investigate regardless of their personal standpoints, to some these links will have atleast one piece of info they would find positive, if this thread has nothing to offer you then i am sorry but i give only what i have. and here are more sites u may not want to look at!

peace

www.sacred-texts.com...

Oh and btw everyone here's more "fools" interested in seeing if there's any weight to the ancient nuclear capability theories =P

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

Hahahaha... you've posted the best answer yet. Absolutely brilliant

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Viewzone also had an article about this but I can't find the link. Another site (link here; www.bibliotecapleyades.net...) has decent info on the reactor too. Personally, I'm not sure about the Ancient Atomic theory but a hell of alot of stuff seems compelling. Something happened seemingly across the globe (India has a few sites that have proven to have been highly radioactive to this day, containing isotopes that can only be manufactured). Maybe worth another delve into?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Viewzone also had an article about this but I can't find the link. Another site (link here; www.bibliotecapleyades.net...) has decent info on the reactor too. Personally, I'm not sure about the Ancient Atomic theory but a hell of alot of stuff seems compelling. Something happened seemingly across the globe (India has a few sites that have proven to have been highly radioactive to this day, containing isotopes that can only be manufactured). Maybe worth another delve into?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
First post and I go and post twice, what a dumbass!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by THEsmokefrog

sigh
the burden of proof is on the positive claimant

if you want to push the notion that it is an artificial construct by some alleged ancient civilization or extra terrestrials - then its your job to supply evidence to support this

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I've looked into this before, and to my knowledge, this 'naturally occuring fission' is a theory which was hurriedly drawn up to try to explain these sites. Before you guys go shooting the messenger here, take into consideration the miles and miles of green glass in places like Lybia which have no associated craters, or the Rig Vedas, the oldest 'recorded history' we have which discuss events which are very similar to nuclear warfare.
There's a hell of alot more to this than some weird chemistry and a hole in Gabon... fission reactions don't just burst out of ore deposits, if it were that easy there wouldn't be any need to centrifuge Uranium with hexaflourine gas and process it to the level of purity needed for fissionable material.
Naturally occuring fission is ONE THEORY that was put forth to explain these but it is just that, a theory, and a weak one at that. Of course this would mean that perhaps mankind might have been around the block before. or that we aren't the center of the universe and modern archaeology just can't have that, their grants rely on dogma and we are all to quick to accept it as science.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It amazes me when people who have little knowledge of physics (or chemistry for that matter), try and tell us that scientists did not consider the bleeding obvious. 2 billion years ago natural abundance of Uranium-235 was 4%, or about the same as what current LWR's use. As far as the claim that the reactor was about the size of a modern large reactor in terms of heat and power - BS. A modern large reactor has 50,000 times the power of Oklo. Where is the evidence that it was not a natural reactor? Where is the steel, the concrete? Or are we supposed to believe that an advanced ancient people built reactors inside uranium veins out of sandstone so all the contamination could be spread everywhere? Are we to reject radiometric dating that shows the rocks are about 2 billion years old, a time where Uranium-235 concentration was high enough to sustain a nuclear reaction, and instead claim out of thin air that ancients built nuclear reactors out of sandstone in what just happens to be a uranium sandstone ore deposit? What's hexaflourine gas? Do you know what a half life is? Do you know how Plutonium is produced?

[edit on 16/4/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
"Archaeologists around the world have discovered an organism called trilobite that existed between 600 and 260 million years ago. This kind of organism disappeared 260 million years ago. An American scientist has discovered a trilobite fossil with a human footprint on it; the footprint was clearly printed on the fossil by a person in shoes. Isn't this mocking historians?" Li Hongzhi

Checkout

www.conspiracyresearch.org...

[edit on 16-4-2010 by lifebuoy]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join